Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Republican Senator Craig really gay?
Craig is as gay as the day is long 36 69.23%
No, Republicans can't be gay 5 9.62%
Actually, Craig is really a liberal, not a republican 6 11.54%
Who is Senator Craig? 5 9.62%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:33 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times

Advertisements

I think that exists a continuum of ranges of sexuality. This could range from 100% heterosexual (rare) to 100% homosexual (also rare). Most of us fall in between, which is why hetros are so "afraid" that they may have gay tendencies, which are aspects of where they fall on the continuum. Unfortunately, our American society deals in "black or white" when it comes to sexual and racial identifications. Those are forced to choose which id they will live with. I believe the senator when he says he is "not gay", but hetro. He chose to be "traditional" and chose a wife whom he probably really DOES love. He also has a tremendous need to act out on his sexual desires with men, trying desperately to deny this part of his identity. Through the eyes of most of the American public and the political world, he is for all intents and purposes, a gay man due to his attraction to gay sex.
I am thrilled that this guy finally got the karma that he richly deserves after what he said about bill clinton and his indifference to gay & lesbians throughout the whole time that he was in power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 08:05 PM

4 posts, read 4,785 times
Who cares,as long as leaves our kids alone ,and he makes it up to his wife,
what does it really matter?

Old 08-29-2007, 09:00 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
being gay has nothing to do with kids...
I feel bad for this man's family though as well as his friends, being disgraced this bad is not something I would wish on anyone, But with that said, he can only blame himself he was in control of it all along...
I live downtown boise, and I have many gay friends here and there have been rumors for years of the senator (when he's in town) cruising the park behind my house, as well as many other public places.
its creepy... and I really do think he is alteast bisexual, if not gay...
its sad that our society cannot get past a sexuality issue to where someone can openly and honestly be who they are without fearing backlash.
if he is gay, he must have somewhere in some sick wrong way, thought that fullfilling these desires in a public restroom was a viable option. Our society is not awful because we are becoming more liberal it is awful because we sweep issues and people under rugs, in in turn they try to sweep those personal issues under rugs only to come out in a sick and unhealthy way..
a person can only bottle up so much before it blows...
I guess if we stop making sex such an awful unspoken "sin" people come out of the bathroom and ingage in healthy sexual relations...gay or straight...

Old 08-29-2007, 11:01 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
To many rumors for too long. He;s gay and NO ONE would plead guility if this was not true. He needs to resign.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:03 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
you guys are to funny different thread same topic.............

Old 08-29-2007, 11:06 PM

We are not in the early 1900's here. Sex is not an unspoken sin in this day n age. Geeze..........

Old 08-29-2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellinghamite View Post
I guess I think of polls as being about what people prefer, not about what's true or false. Right now I'm wondering if this case will go to trial, and if so, what the jury will conclude. Either way, I think Craig's political career is probably over.
Oh I can tell you living in Idaho it is over. He would need to do a Clinton and move to another state to get elected.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:25 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
We are not in the early 1900's here. Sex is not an unspoken sin in this day n age. Geeze..........
certain aspects to sex go unspoken... citigirl speaks of teaching kids about homosexuality.. and I agree that young kids should not be bombarded with such issues, BUT I am 26 years old and Not too long ago I was a gay high school student, and I had nobody to talk to about the issue of being gay..many questions I had went unspoken and honestly I felt alienated in being able to talk about the issue with anyone. but there were plenty of discussions about safe sex, pregnancy.. using condoms.. and all the like. I guess what I'm saying is, you can educate young people about WHAT something is without forcing it upon them.. and leave it up to the parents to follow up with whatever moral lessons they want their kids to know about the topic.. Public Education constantly is under pressure to make sure and teach kids this.. and that and everything else under the sun...and really.. without parent involvement, its easy to say... these people are teaching my kids nonsense... but the purpose in doing so was out of good nature in extending a hand to teens who don't have a good family life and resources to talk about these issues with. I had a wonderful family, but because of their beliefs they were not a place at the time I felt I could go to to talk about things with.. does that make sense? That is why every class that talks about any sex issues allows for parents to opt for their children to not participate. They do not and should not teach kids to engage in anything.. rather teach them what is out there in the Public and what it is(afterall it is a public school) and the parents can do the rest. and should do the rest.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:31 PM

He needs to step down and relinquish his role as a Senator and put an end to this. It is unacceptable behavior......... from anyone........

Old 08-29-2007, 11:31 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
There policy should be to OPT IN not OPT OUT. It was changed to opt in because they knew that most parents would not be notified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies