Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 12:12 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post
Direct quote for a teabagger at a teabagger rally: "Get your government hands of my Medicare"

The ignorance and selfishness of these people is unreal.
If you want to see the disgusting boomer entitlement on display, pop on over to the Retirement Forum sometime. A poster on there proclaimed he didn't care how others paid for SS -- so long as he got his 3.8 percent raise, he'll let others figure out the details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 12:15 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
If you want to see the disgusting boomer entitlement on display, pop on over to the Retirement Forum sometime. A poster on there proclaimed he didn't care how others paid for SS -- so long as he got his 3.8 percent raise, he'll let others figure out the details.
I would imagine. These people could literally care less what happens to the younger generation. As long as someone subsidies their life and pays their bills, they dont care. They lived during the golden age of America and sold it off to the highest bidder and left us all with the tab. I really have no sympathy for them.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
I would imagine. These people could literally care less what happens to the younger generation. As long as someone subsidies their life and pays their bills, they dont care. They lived during the golden age of America and sold it off to the highest bidder and left us all with the tab. I really have no sympathy for them.
They are America's worst generation. They know they are hated, and it bothers them. I look to my grandparents, the same people they despised, for guidance and support. As a thrice (soon to be four times) combat veteran struggling to weather the worst economic storm since the 1930s, I identify much more with the Greatest Generation than I do with the spoilt Boomers. Thanks for nothing turds.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:21 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,213 times
Quote:
It's no laughing matter. The baby boomers in this country achieved one of the highest living standards in American history as a direct result of the very same programs and policies that would not exist because of "liberals". Then they went around the stabbed everyone in the back while living off their handouts. The rest of America now has to subsidize the very same people who ruined America and ran up a $15T debt.

Hopefully the money runs out completely in a couple of years so you guys can go back and get a job.
The "boomers" played by the government rules,...and YES we did enjoy the highest standard of living and best paying jobs. YES we did pay the MAXIMUM into the system year after year,...and the damned federal government robbed the Social Security Fund and left worthless IOUs in return.

Now it's YOUR generations turn to pay into the system and support it like we did for the generation before us. We didn't whine and cry about it,...we sucked it up and paid.

Just keep on whining and crying,...but keep on paying that social security tax and Medicare every year so that seniors can draw that monthly check and have those medical benefits (such as they are). That's what you get for having a bunch of liberals like FDR and gutless LBJ who let Medicare into the equation.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
They are America's worst generation. They know they are hated, and it bothers them. I look to my grandparents, the same people they despised, for guidance and support. As a thrice (soon to be four times) combat veteran struggling to weather the worst economic storm since the 1930s, I identify much more with the Greatest Generation than I do with the spoilt Boomers. Thanks for nothing turds.
Just keep on paying those social security and medicare taxes,...."-whiny-turds".

Old 12-12-2011, 12:27 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
The "boomers" played by the government rules,...and YES we did enjoy the highest standard of living and best paying jobs. YES we did pay the MAXIMUM into the system year after year,...and the damned federal government robbed the Social Security Fund and left worthless IOUs in return.

Now it's YOUR generations turn to pay into the system and support it like we did for the generation before us. We didn't whine and cry about it,...we sucked it up and paid.

Just keep on whining and crying,...but keep on paying that social security tax and Medicare every year so that seniors can draw that monthly check and have those medical benefits (such as they are). That's what you get for having a bunch of liberals like FDR and gutless LBJ who let Medicare into the equation.
This is exactly what I'm talking about, you people slam the very same people WHO GAVE you the programs your going to live off for the rest of your life. What you guys payed into the system is much less than what you are getting out of it. SS wasnt even indexed with inflation till the 70s. Today you get the whole shebang, we'll be paying your prescription drugs, health care, bills, taxes, everything.

And you guys would of had none of this if it wasnt for the very same people your slamming in your posts.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:30 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,976 times
Quote:
Today you get the whole shebang, we'll be paying your prescription drugs, health care, bills, taxes, everything.
don't forget penis pumps.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post

Hey I'm really sorry you guys got robbed. What makes you think that entitles you to steal from us though?

Old 12-12-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
This is exactly what I'm talking about, you people slam the very same people WHO GAVE you the programs your going to live off for the rest of your life. What you guys payed into the system is much less than what you are getting out of it. SS wasnt even indexed with inflation till the 70s. Today you get the whole shebang, we'll be paying your prescription drugs, health care, bills, taxes, everything.

And you guys would of had none of this if it wasnt for the very same people your slamming in your posts.
We paid.

Now you pay.

Not our fault the government robbed the system. If no robbery, all would have been fine.

Complain to the government.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
As a Gen X-er, I will pay more for the aging Boomers than most. I love how Boomer Tea Party types tell me not to worry about SS and Medicare reforms, assuming I am over 50. They say, no one is talking about taking away your benefits. When they learn I am in my mid 30s, the conversation changes.

So I have an idea. Since no one seems to mind if my generation pays more and gets less, why don't we just pass a law that says that people born between 1945 and 1961 will have their benefits reduced. That's the bulk of the people causing the problem. We'll just reduce their benefits by half or so -- of course they will pay the same as everyone else. Fair is fair.

I don't see why Boomers would have a problem with this. This is the same deal they expect X-ers to take.
Government caused the problem.

Join the OWS and protest the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies