Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 08:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

And the Dems thought the Repubs were war mongers ?
This administration takes the cake for war mongering. And we don't even wait for Congress to give the OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2011, 09:41 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well we have our Navy there too. The USS George Bush went there about 11/20 or so.
Well I guess we are nearby in the region because according to our Canadian Defence Minister and our CF forces main site we are there

I think we brought back our Aurora anti-Submarine that double as a planes and CF-18's but then agian We could be loading up some CF-17 Globemaster III , C130J and our CF-18's stationed there in no time..So if somethimg is going down we are with you guys.

The Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, today announced that Royal Canadian Navy ships will maintain a presence in the Mediterranean Sea until the end of 2012 in order to join Operation Active Endeavour, the NATO counter-terrorism effort in the region.

Her Majesty's Canadian Ship (HMCS) Vancouver, originally deployed as part of Operation Unified Protector, will remain in the Mediterranean until early 2012, when she will be relieved by HMCS Charlottetown. HMCS Vancouver and her CH-124 Sea King Helicopter detachment have been in the Mediterranean Sea since August, when she joined the NATO fleet off Libya as part of Operation Unified Protector.
Royal Canadian Navy: Operations & Exercises - International Operations - Continued naval presence in the Mediterranean Sea announced

F-18 in action - Canadian Air Force - YouTube

Well I Guess we will see you there and hope everyone of our men and women serving stay safe..I hope this is just like Libya where there were not one single NATO personal was lost.

I wonder if the Britsh and french navies are also deployed in Region

We are still in bsed out of Khandahar Airfield and taking the ANA on joint patrols and training them we all can get out of there by 2014

US and Canadian special forces train North Africans, May 13th, 2011 - YouTube
Well we did do a decent job working together training the NTC Libyan Rebal Troops.

Well I hope the Best for both our Countries and our NATO allies and that this a quick in and out type of mission and be safe.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:41 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Like Gathafi Like Assad?

There seems to be a blackout along the Syrian border even though clashes are being reported with rebels. No video though of the clashes.

.:Middle East Online::Like Gathafi… Like Assad:.

Interesting:

Syrians vote as fierce clashes overshadow protests | Reuters

Quote:
France has led Western efforts to force Assad to end the crackdown. Juppe was first to suggest setting up zones to protect civilians -- a step that could put Western powers on the path to military intervention

Quote:
Syria has barred most independent journalists, making it difficult to gauge the extent of violence, the strike, or participation in elections.
Syrian troops mainly from the 12th Armoured Brigade based in Isra, 40 km (25 miles) from the southern border with Jordan, fought rebels in the town of Busra al-Harir on Sunday.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:16 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Be interesting to see how long it takes to break in the mainstream if its credible.

Sibel Edmonds' Boiling Frogs Post | Home of the Irate Minority
I think 0bama is the type of person who would start a war, in hopes it would provide something tangible for him to run on, he sure can't run on his current record of failures and debt.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:27 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I think 0bama is the type of person who would start a war, in hopes it would provide something tangible for him to run on, he sure can't run on his current record of failures and debt.
Should ANY action be taken in Syria I think he's the type to let the Turks take the lead and have the US play a support role much like we did in Libya. Official use of any non-Turkish troops will be to secure the borders of Lebanon, Israel and Turkey.

I know it doesn't fit your narrative, but this is a big deal for Turkey and the French. Obama is not about to get us into a ground-war, especially before an election.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:33 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well the war has already started. I guarantee we are already expending US tax dollars in Syria's civil war.

I suspect given Assad's ultimatum to lay down weapons and surrender by the end of today we may well wake up to surgical missile strikes tomorrow. The Arab league already cleared the way.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:28 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I thougt Russia told us to not go into Syria since they have their Navy carrier group based out of there.
The Russians don't have a carrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well we have our Navy there too. The USS George Bush went there about 11/20 or so.
That was part of the normal rotation.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:38 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Should ANY action be taken in Syria I think he's the type to let the Turks take the lead and have the US play a support role much like we did in Libya. Official use of any non-Turkish troops will be to secure the borders of Lebanon, Israel and Turkey.

I know it doesn't fit your narrative, but this is a big deal for Turkey and the French. Obama is not about to get us into a ground-war, especially before an election.
I wouldn't be certain. Obama knows it is highly unlikely the electorate would remove a Commander-in-Chief in the middle of all out World War (declared).

Old 12-12-2011, 02:50 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The Russians don't have a carrier.
You mean something like this Russian little piece of hardware?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UGKDh1-QnS...25286%2529.jpg

Old 12-12-2011, 02:59 PM

127 posts, read 83,561 times
Russian ships are standing by if any move is made against Syria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies