Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 08:23 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
Because they were influenced by a a loud, bigoted minority and did not realize the silent majority who disagrees.
Muslims (particularly CAIR) are a loud, bigotted minority. It's good to see that Lowes is no longer sponsoring one-sided propaganda.

Gotta go, I have to work on a tile job in my bathroom...materials bought at Lowes. See ya.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 08:39 PM

268 posts, read 241,165 times
I'll be doing allot of shopping Lowe's because of their decision.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:43 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
IF Contains("California") Then
Disregard
End If

Old 12-12-2011, 08:46 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Shouldn't their politicians be more worried about the state's economy.....?
Maybe it's more pandering for the vote..........this time Muslims! It's their store and this must fall under........... Freedom to do what the Hell you want, with your store.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:00 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
I actually think it's silly to drop the advertising based on one groups displeasure of the show.
and this so called group is nothing but a hotbed of Islamophobia, rather than focus on the good that the religion offers currently and in the past, they fouse on the "radical" aspect of the religion instead, and paint the wide brush against all the followers:

Lowe’s: Existence Of Muslims A Controversial ‘Topic’ | TPMMuckraker

Quote:
The FFA also referenced concerns by anti-Islam activists Robert Spencer and Pamela Geller. Spencer had called the show a “bait-and-switch†that “addresses nothing of that supremacist ideology†in a column for Human Events. And Geller told World Net Daily: “It is an attempt to manipulate Americans into ignoring the threat of jihad and to bully them into thinking that being concerned about the jihad threat would somehow victimize these nice people in this show. The problem is not people; it’s ideology. The show doesn’t address that.â€

of course, these are the TWO most well known anti-islam activists in the media, and not a surprise that these hatriots would talk to a known Conspiracy propaganda website, that used 9/11 to spread disinformation and lies about Muslims in the past.

Lowe's wants to be associated with known anti-Islamists, that's fine by me. Just don't expect people to be happy that they based their decision on a group that has known ties to anti-Islamic retards.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:10 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkytofu10 View Post
I'll be upset with any company that gives into the demands of a fringe, bigoted organization thus creating a controversy that simply didn't have to happen.
Does that mean you were mad at Geico for pulling their ads from Glen Beck because of MoveOn.org and ThinkProgress??

Old 12-12-2011, 10:18 PM

161 posts, read 246,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
Does that mean you were mad at Geico for pulling their ads from Glen Beck because of MoveOn.org and ThinkProgress??
Apples and oranges. Beck actually says racist and inflamatory stuff...on All-American Muslim they do not.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:20 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Quote:
Apples and oranges. Beck actually says racist and inflamatory stuff...

On purpose..

Old 12-12-2011, 10:57 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
Nope. They can advertise where they want. I can patronize where I want. It's a free country.
Indeed you can. I just feel it's my duty to point out the bad logic and hyprocricy behind your decision is all.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:10 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,013,419 times
If the Senator proceeds with legislative action against Lowes, wouldn't that be a violation of the 1st amendment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies