Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 07:42 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
of course it didnt go up, it skyrocketed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 07:44 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
One can't brush off evidence by saying "no it didn't." This isn't third grade.

The link to my previous thread specifically is about GDP. We should also note that you still haven't provided ANY evidence supporting your statement. Did I say ANY?
Then why are you brushing the evidence off that says unemployment did go up under obama.

And yes I did.. I linked right to the CBO reports.. Maybe its your inability to read anything that proves your hero's policies are a failure that makes it difficult for you to actually comprehend whats provided.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:59 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I see the Democrats in this thread use facts and evidence to prove that "that liar" didn't lie. I see the Reps in this thread believe that Ms. Shultz lied because it is comforting to their predisposed viewpoint and the claim validates what they already decided -- apart from facts.

But as John Adams said, “Facts are stubborn things; and what ever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they can not alter the state of facts, and evidence.”
It's the predictable and amusing denial of the desperate we witness. They do amuse, don't they?

Old 12-13-2011, 08:12 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
DWS is a character right out of a horror story recounting the communist takeover in eastern europe. She is frighteneing because her words defy logic and she actually pretends to rabidly believe what she says.

As far as unemployment not rising under Obama, I know nothing except no one from the Obama camp has ever argued that position. Every financial guru and program has been consistent in their agreement that the UErate is interpretive at best and the rate of unemployment is higher than the standard rate issued.

Obama regime has set precedent in presenting economic results that are nothing but stastical projections or employs never before used reference points to showcase thier claims. Smoke and mirrors would best describe Obama's view of the US and global economy.

DWS is just a fearful nightmare in the form of a woman whose threatening rhwetoric represents the new social and political ideology that uses intimidation and lies to gain power.
Good points. This is the same partisan hack, who said that 0bama owns our economy, not because its so bad, but because she thinks he turned it around, and it's greatly improved. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: "We own the economy" - Molly Ball - POLITICO.com

The only way unemployment numbers can go down under 0bama, is when Americans just give up looking for a job, and simply leave the US work force. How else can we have anemic job numbers like last month, and see the UE percentage drop by almost 5%?

Old 12-13-2011, 08:15 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Very good example of how the democrats use Orwellian new speak. Also displays how far out of touch the dems are

Old 12-13-2011, 10:38 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
The facts are clear. Unemployment rises were on a 45 degree upward slop from from all of 2008 and ending in April 2009. Only a moron would think that simply having a new resident in the WH would change the slop. Then, the slope diminished and then reversed.

I need to remind the Republicans here that Saint Reagan experienced a worse case.

Reagan's unemployment kept rising until it peaked at near 11%. Then, it dropped at a similar time in his administration to Obama's. So, if you are going to blame Obama for a long period of unemployment, you need to do the same thing to Reagan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies