Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 08:10 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I can understand the Glenn Beck move because that show is deliberately controversial. I would similarly understand if Lowes or another company boycotted Keith Olberman or Bill Maher for the same reasons. However, this show is not remotely controversial. It's a show on TLC which interviews Muslim Americans in Dearborn, Michigan. It's a documentary show not an in-your face protest down with Christianity type of show. The people protesting it are right wing Evangelical zealots from some small organization in Florida because it involves Muslims. That's like me protesting a show because it interviews Christians implying that interviewing anyone of a certain religion is bad so comparing it to what happened to Glen Beck is a poor analogy.
When was the last time you saw Beck? More than 3 or 4 months ago, I am sure. In fact 6 would be closer. Yesterday he said not one political word the full two hours and today he spent most of the time telling about why Gingrich has to be tossed aside by the Republicans. Yep, I guess your informers MM, Think Prog and HuffPo don't watch him anymore because he can control who sees his show and probably wouldn't let them subscribe. He is a sneaky bugger in ways such as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
The facts are that the title of this thread is a flat out lie, Lowes is not boycotting anything, they chose not to advertise during a reality show, that is their right. I don't shop at Von's, I'm not boycotting Von's I just don't shop there.
Well these people who did boycott Beck and did talk some businesses into dropping their sponsorships really don't know the meaning of that word, boycott.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Sounds more Newt than Paul. No wonder Ron Paul has ZERO chance of getting the nomination.
I have been talking about Beck here and he is more against Newt than he is against Obama. You should be watching him and his people from The Blaze to learn why I am slowly coming around to his side. Today he made a heavy case against Newt and I think he will get to him soon enough.

Maybe you and other left leaners here need to check the URL, Newt Gingrich Can't Beat Barack Obama | Newt Can't Win Oh my would you people like to see what is said there, by the blogger, John Ziegler.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:27 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Typical right wing extremists crapping on the constitution and shaking down companies that don't find their agenda. How nice,...
Do you want to discuss how Liberals crap on the constitution?

Old 12-14-2011, 09:21 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Do you want to discuss how Liberals crap on the constitution?

Oh?

Liberals do not have lawmakers that have proposed legislation to reduce the severity of the crime of Rape.

Liberals do not have lawmakers that want to define an official language for the United States

Liberals do not have lawmakers that have proposed legislation that threatens women's rights.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:28 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,004,783 times
Taking my business elsewhere as well.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:03 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
I sent them an email today saying I was no longer going to do business with them.

I own 8 rental properties and was constantly in their store on a weekly basis buying building materials, riding lawnmowers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, ceiling fans, blinds etc.

No more.

Lowe's is either run by bigots, or they are afraid to stand up to bigots. Either way they are not getting anymore of my cash.

Ace is the place for the helpful hardware man.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:23 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Just sent Lowes an email in support of their decision. I'll be shopping there for Christmas instead of Home Depot as well.

I dislike fascist un-American politicians trying to score cheap politically-correct points by posturing and trying legislate how people should think and feel, ... more than I dislike companies pulling their ads for whatever reason they see fit.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:29 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I sent them an email today saying I was no longer going to do business with them.

I own 8 rental properties and was constantly in their store on a weekly basis buying building materials, riding lawnmowers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, ceiling fans, blinds etc.

No more.

Lowe's is either run by bigots, or they are afraid to stand up to bigots. Either way they are not getting anymore of my cash.

Ace is the place for the helpful hardware man.
ORRRRR they are a home improvement store that doesn't want to get into the middle of something so heated and controversial. I wouldn't want to either. When ACE doesn't sponsor the show (oh wait, they don't) you can boycott them too. At least Lowe's tried something that most companies wouldn't. Plus it's a lousy show and not worth the money.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:33 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Just sent Lowes an email in support of their decision. I'll be shopping there for Christmas instead of Home Depot as well.

I dislike fascist un-American politicians trying to score cheap politically-correct points by posturing and trying legislate how people should think and feel, ... more than I dislike companies pulling their ads for whatever reason they see fit.
Oh it's "un-American" to withdraw your business from a company who you think is being unfair?.

LOL...That's hilarious...You poor baby....The customers are being mean to the corporation for choosing where to spend their money.....LOL

Right wingers think corporations are individuals and should have the same rights as individuals. ( Not that anybody has trampled on Lowe's rights here...like right wing cry babies claim)

When are you GOP voters going to wake up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies