Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 06:17 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,237,701 times

Advertisements

This is truly sad. Now, you aren't even allowed to be Muslim in this country without facing backlash. I'm not Muslim but this show is about Americans who happen to be Muslim and provide their perspective on issues. If Lowes protested and pulled ads from an Evangelical Christian show, the Right in this country would revolt. I consider myself to be a conservative but find myself to be increasingly Independent as I can't relate to the Christian Conservative movement hijacking the Republican party.....and Lowes! This is truly sad because I really like Lowes but do not agree with their stance as I find it un-American and I would feel that way if they pulled their ad from an Evangelical Christian program as well. This country is about respecting all views including conservative views. To me, it's about respecting what this country is all about and Lowes is being un-American in their decision to boycott this show IMHO. Of course, this is their right but I think their move is in poor taste and disrespectful to all Americans not just Muslim Americans. I don't find this to be a Conservative vs Liberal stance as some of you might. You can be Conservative and an Evangelical Christian and disagree with Lowe's actions as it disrespects what this country is founded upon.

Lowe's faces backlash over pulling ads from 'All-American Muslim' - latimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 06:19 PM

16,870 posts, read 10,514,613 times
I just bought my holiday tree from Lowes.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:21 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,776,424 times
Typical right wing extremists crapping on the constitution and shaking down companies that don't find their agenda. How nice,...

Old 12-13-2011, 06:23 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,658,614 times
It's kind of a stupid show.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:27 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,470,589 times
Oh please....you can't be Christian in this country without backlash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
This is truly sad. Now, you aren't even allowed to be Muslim in this country without facing backlash. I'm not Muslim but this show is about Americans who happen to be Muslim and provide their perspective on issues. If Lowes protested and pulled ads from an Evangelical Christian show, the Right in this country would revolt. I consider myself to be a conservative but find myself to be increasingly Independent as I can't relate to the Christian Conservative movement hijacking the Republican party.....and Lowes! This is truly sad because I really like Lowes but do not agree with their stance as I find it un-American and I would feel that way if they pulled their ad from an Evangelical Christian program as well. This country is about respecting all views including conservative views. To me, it's about respecting what this country is all about and Lowes is being un-American in their decision to boycott this show IMHO. Of course, this is their right but I think their move is in poor taste and disrespectful to all Americans not just Muslim Americans. I don't find this to be a Conservative vs Liberal stance as some of you might. You can be Conservative and an Evangelical Christian and disagree with Lowe's actions as it disrespects what this country is founded upon.

Lowe's faces backlash over pulling ads from 'All-American Muslim' - latimes.com

Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,364,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post

Wahhh it is SO hard to be a "Christian" in the US.

My heart just BLEEDS.

Where is that smiley playing a violin when you need it?

Old 12-13-2011, 06:42 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,309,081 times
Default Lowes boycotts "American Muslim" after pressure from Evangelical Christian group

Good for Lowes

Old 12-13-2011, 06:45 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,002,164 times
Never heard of that show and there is no Lowes around here sept for one I heard about in the next state over. but I sure hope you get this settled soon. Oh wait no crime has been commited who cares

Old 12-13-2011, 09:44 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,237,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Nice try! There are hundreds of conservative Christian shows and you don't see large advertisers pulling ads from them. This is one show and it already had a major advertiser pull its ad because of pressure from a conservative Evangelical group. This is why they call Evangelicals the Christian version of the Taliban. Although this television show has nothing to do with them, like the Taliban, they try to coerce groups to behave a certain way or adopt a certain practice. In this case, they forced Lowes to stop sponsoring this show. This is just like the Taliban; they try to enforce their beliefs upon others instead of respecting other religions. Again, I'm not referring to all Christians but the 10% extremist Evangelicals.

Evangelicals can't have it both ways. If you don't want to be called the Christian Taliban then don't act like it and quit trying to enforce your beliefs upon others. If you are going to behave like the Taliban then you will get that label.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
Never heard of that show and there is no Lowes around here sept for one I heard about in the next state over. but I sure hope you get this settled soon. Oh wait no crime has been commited who cares
Good point because everything we debate on this forum involves only crimes.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 12-13-2011 at 10:02 PM..

Old 12-13-2011, 10:00 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,443,874 times
Lowes is based in North Carolina and likely is worried about its redneck, NASCAR cultivated image.

Menards is looking like a better choice now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies