Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2011, 07:04 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I'm not gay, but I still cannot marry another man. Gays want to have the right to same sex marriage.
Wow, that is the worst argument I have ever seen in my life against gay marriage.

I wonder if this is a parody, because no one can be this bad at logical reasoning and survive the process of tying their shoes in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 07:08 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Ok, then just call it a civil union then. Don't call it marriage and I'm fine with it....

The current legal term is "marriage", whether you like it or not. I didn't go get a "civil union license" prior to my wedding, I got a "marriage license".

Civil unions are NOT the same as legal marriage. Plus, there are a lot of states that disallow same-sex civil unions, as well.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Nice attempt to deflect.

The arguments I presented are based on your arguments...if they are logical and consistent, defend them.

If you cannot defend them, concede that your logic is flawed.

Joe, Mark and Wendy would like to enter into a three-way hybrid bi-sexual marriage. If you met them on the street, you would think they were capable of making their own decisions.

Why shouldn't they be allowed to marry?
So long as Joe, Mark and Wendy are all consenting adults, they should be able to. Do you not want them to be allowed to marry?

Old 12-16-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Why do gays expect greater rights than others?

Oh, Jeebus! Not this tired, old, not to mention ridiculous, argument again?

What "greater rights" are you referring to, alpha? (This should be good. )

EDIT -- Nevermind, I see you already trotted out the drivel that I was expecting. "I can't marry another man, either! See? Equality!" That same faulty logic was struck down in Loving v. Virginia. If you can't see the inherent stupidity in that stance, I can't help you.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:56 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
And look at who is heading the Justice Department and who he takes orders from... . The decision to not defend DOMA is purely a political one, with no basis in either morality nor the cultural tradition of what marriage actually is. The US Contritution has nothing to do with it.

The Justice Department has nothing to do with Justice.
the basis is VERY MUCH to do with morality. being evil to others because they were born with a different sexual orientation is NOT moral. fortunately this is a case where the justice department IS caring about justice.

if you can get married in accordance with your sexual orientation but you think i shouldn't be able too.. then you know SQUAT about justice and your opinion doesn't matter because none of your rights are at risk. appalling that some are PASSIONATE about harming others and then talking about morality

Old 12-16-2011, 08:32 AM

410 posts, read 742,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
No you being a Homosexual doesn't affect me as long as you don't ask for special laws and special lessons pushed upon children in schools, I care less what you do other than push your beliefs on others.
Gays are not pushing their beliefs onto other people (in most cases), they are pushing for their right to happiness. Laws preventing them from said happiness are wrong.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:36 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jifwittle View Post
Gays are not pushing their beliefs onto other people (in most cases), they are pushing for their right to happiness. Laws preventing them from said happiness are wrong.
Gays are free to move to a state where they can feel happy. Whether it is a civil union or marriage, there are some to choose from.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Why do gays expect greater rights than others?
What "greater" rights are they asking for?

Old 12-16-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Gays are free to move to a state where they can feel happy. Whether it is a civil union or marriage, there are some to choose from.
What gives you the right to prevent them from being happy?

Old 12-16-2011, 08:37 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,350,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Your opinion doesn't bother me, so long as it never influences the law. Would you vote for legalization of gay marriage/civil unions/whatever?
No not marriage, why would I vote for something I don't believe in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies