Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2011, 12:48 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Nothing thank God.

Who would want this back asswards Gov't endorsing something as personal as two people who love each other and take private vows to one another.

To me that would just corrupt the whole thing.
Umm...they already do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 12:58 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Umm...they already do.
Who already do?

Not me.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Perhaps you can pray away the cellulite. That approach would work about as well as praying away the gay. Ask some of the resident bible hum...err..thumpers on the board. They can teach you how to get started.
Cellulite? Now your just being mean.

I don't have cellulite!

You don't like the bible? Its the all time best seller on the planet.

From my experience, gay people want to be gay, why would they pray to not be gay. It's a choice. If they choose it, why would they want to lose it.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:02 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,048,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Think a few birds and gutworms make being homo normal, yeah thats you. Bahhhh
If you are referring to homosexuality in animals, it's been documented in at least 1500 species, so hardly a "few birds and gutworms". But that's not even my argument here. As far as "normal" goes, if you can tell me who exactly decides what is normal, that would be great. Is it the collective majority? Does that mean the minority's definition is automatically disqualified? Is what is normal even a requirement to be considered moral? Is normal a requirement for equality? If so, where is this stated and by whom?

Old 12-18-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I could care less what you believe. I have many gay friends. They know my beliefs. I know theirs. It makes for quite the spirited, and sometimes heated, conversations. But at the end of the day, we realize our friendship, and the things that make us friends, count more than anything else.

Sadly, you seem to feel that gays can only be friends with gays, again proving the intolerance that runs rampant through the gay community.
Saying you "could care less" is actually saying you actually do care. What you mean to say is "I couldn't care less".

No, I don't think that gays should be friends with people who aren't actively promoting bigotry, discrimination, stereotypes, anti-gay legislation, and the promotion of bad science in regards to sexual orientation. Again, if you have gay friends and they are able to overlook all of that, they do lack a good measure of self-respect. No one who actually feels that their lives have self worth would put up with that, no matter the relationship.

Last edited by jbcmh81; 12-18-2011 at 01:21 PM..

Old 12-18-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
But marriage suggests the two become one flesh. That isn't true of two men or two women.

Eve was taken from Adams flesh. He was one. Then he became two. Then together they are one. Also Adam was the head of his wife. Actually if you want to be really strict about it, in a marriage, the woman is agreeing to this arrangement. She is saying she will be obedient to her husband. That to me is what marriage is. It's what defines marriage.

Now two men getting 'married' is just a perversion of the meaning of marriage. It's perversion on top of perversion.
Someone who takes the Adam and Eve story as literal history and then uses it to promote discrimination against gays is a perversion of rational thought.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:08 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Cellulite? Now your just being mean.

I don't have cellulite!
Give it time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf
You don't like the bible? Its the all time best seller on the planet.
The Bible's cool. Many purposes can be found for such a large book, including population control and propping up uneven table legs, or as a manual for those who need fear of eternal damnation to keep them in line.

It just shouldn't be thumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf
From my experience, gay people want to be gay, why would they pray to not be gay. It's a choice. If they choose it, why would they want to lose it.
And just how much "experience" are we talking here?

Old 12-18-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry this is so funny.... Self respect?

The acts of gays are disrespectful to themselves and the whole world. What do they care of self respect.
I'm afraid you seem to be oblivious as to what self-respect means and are projecting your own discomfort and disgust garnered through ignorance onto gays and demanding they feel the same. Doesn't work that way, sorry.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
They also have the biggest murder rate in the Americas.

We're so behind....
Actually, not they don't. There are individual cities which may have higher murder rates than some American cities (like Ciudad Juarez), but the country overall is far from having the worst of the Americas.

And I'm not sure what crime rates have to do with the point. Apparently you couldn't address it, so you came up with this strawman. Shocking.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Give it time.

The Bible's cool. Many purposes can be found for such a large book, including population control and propping up uneven table legs, or as a manual for those who need fear of eternal damnation to keep them in line.

It just shouldn't be thumped.

And just how much "experience" are we talking here?
How does one quantify one's experience? Do you think people that choose to be gay, want to not be gay?

That would be weird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies