Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 09:53 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

It sounds to me like they want us to change our rules about discussion of other religions without giving in much for us. The spokeswoman from the State Department said it would take a number of years to get them to cut back but they want it to happen sooner here. The next meeting about the topic will be about March. Maybe she can't give up all our rights before the end of her term in office.

Islamic Governments | Free Speech | State Department | The Daily Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2011, 10:14 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Quote:
The State Department began a three-day, closed-door meeting Monday to talk about U.S. free speech rules with representatives from numerous Islamic governments that have lobbied for 12 years to end U.S. citizens’ ability to speak freely about Islam’s history and obligations.
Alphecca » State Department in Talks to Stifle Free Speech
Quote:
Is the State Department so desperate to coddle Islamists that it would even entertain the idea of restricting discussion critical of any religion???
Seems the left should really like this one, stifling speech about Islam while continuing to bash Christianity and Judaism.

Along with the government attempting to control public use of the Internet, Obama will have taken complete advantage of the Constitution by next November.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/22099604-post3.html

Old 12-13-2011, 10:41 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It sounds to me like they want us to change our rules about discussion of other religions without giving in much for us. The spokeswoman from the State Department said it would take a number of years to get them to cut back but they want it to happen sooner here. The next meeting about the topic will be about March. Maybe she can't give up all our rights before the end of her term in office.

"Lafferty pointed to a July statement by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in which she said that free speech will be protected, but the U.S. government will “use some old-fashioned techniques of peer pressure and shaming, so that people don’t feel that they have the support to do what we abhor.”

Read more: Islamic Governments | Free Speech | State Department | The Daily Caller

Oh, sweet. Sounds like the bullying tactic employed whenever someone expresses a differing opinion on a homosexual thread here. Used fiercely and systematically enough, it works to silence the opposition.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:17 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
I'm certain that Americans will kindly tell these people to shove it where the sun doesn't shine, and then proceed to talk freely as normal. Who in the hell do these people think they are that they could limit our constitution rights? What a joke.

Old 12-14-2011, 12:21 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
Bet Hillary looks good in a hijab.

If this is true, I would hope that Hillary and the President don't kowtow to these folks... but then again, not even people in Muslim countries have total freedom of speech, so it's not like they know what they're asking.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:49 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Remember when (2006) the pope quoted an old pope about muslims being violent...
So they rioted in many countries.

>Bet Hillary looks good in a hijab.<
Too easy. Ill let this one pass by.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Another candidate for the most absurd idea of all time. IMHO Islam is the enemy of all freedom and decency. I will not be coerced into not saying this.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:55 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,285 times
Someone send the free-speech haters religious cartoons to lighten the mood.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:01 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Seems the left should really like this one, stifling speech about Islam while continuing to bash Christianity and Judaism.

Nah, It'll do nothing to stop the right's continuous efforts at instilling fear of one imagined threat or another in people.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Dealing with Islam – Rant alert

Unfortunately the threat to any other culture and/or religion by Islam is NOT imagined. It is basic to the fundamental concepts of Islam and taught to 10s of millions of children every day. They have a religious duty to convert of destroy ALL nonbelievers. This has been true since the religion was created.

The Law associated with Islam is, in my opinion, an abomination. I not only allows but demands that people are property. That property is owned by the male head of the house and may be used, punished or disposed of as he sees fit. This is why an Islamic father can KILL his daughter for doing anything that might harm her father's "Honor" (personal pride and/or respect of his male companions) or public standing.

I am absolutely and completely opposed to slavery in any way, shape or form. I am also opposed to anyone being murdered because she embarrassed her father or husband. Embarrassing someone is NOT a capital crime in my book and should not be tolerated anywhere.

Instead of our politicians and state department trying to be nice to this culture we should be trying to change it into something more like ours where all citizens have the same rights and killing people because of pride is simple murder.

Thank you for reading my rant. I, and I believe our entire Western culture, are threatened by Islam and should at least recognize the threat and not be playing nice with these slavers and murders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies