Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 03:44 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The N.E is full of empty manufacturing places where the unions drove the companies out.
My standard request from the union bashers: Can you name ONE union contract that was signed by ONLY ONE party? If not it'd be obvious to a blind man that unions aren't the only cause of the problem(s).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 05:37 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
My standard request from the union bashers: Can you name ONE union contract that was signed by ONLY ONE party? If not it'd be obvious to a blind man that unions aren't the only cause of the problem(s).
the unions were the major factor, not the only factor.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:17 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:

Yeah, I'm sure the corporate welfare Florida offers figured in. Funny how people are fine with corporations receiving welfare but not individuals, how it's fine for corporations to take what they can get and not unions.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:08 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,024 times
Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure the corporate welfare Florida offers figured in. Funny how people are fine with corporations receiving welfare but not individuals, how it's fine for corporations to take what they can get and not unions.
First of all,....the union plant hasn't been closed, and the company hasn't announced what will be produced in Florida.

Secondly,...it appears some of you would rather have Colt move overseas rather than move to a non-union state. At least Colt remained in the states, and not China or India.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:10 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
I can never understand the visceral hated some Americans have for businesses. They whine when companies do business overseas and whine more when a successful company uses American labor. You can't win with some of these people.

Your definition of welfare is NOT the true definition of welfare.

What I find funny is people whining about these "loop holes" and blame the repubs when the dems have had control of Congress much, much more then the repubs. I see any specific "loophole" being discussed, just generalities.

How about telling us the specific loopholes you don't like and who passed them?

Old 12-15-2011, 07:48 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
What, like the unions had the corporate entities in a full nelson?
Dont be so naive.
One can only suppose by your subsequent comments that you are not well-versed as to what is going on here in FL, where I have lived for 22 years.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:59 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
First of all,....the union plant hasn't been closed, and the company hasn't announced what will be produced in Florida.

Secondly,...it appears some of you would rather have Colt move overseas rather than move to a non-union state. At least Colt remained in the states, and not China or India.
Now don't go talking common sense or facts.

Old 12-15-2011, 11:57 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
That's only because they don't dare pull that one just yet. They would if they could. Is there a textile mill left in the U.S.? A steel mill? A toy factory? American manufacturing has been decimated. Guns are the only item still entirely made in the U.S. Even Harley-Davidson now has a small factory in Mexico testing the tolerance of "the faithful".

H

Old 12-16-2011, 05:51 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
So the libs want jobs to stay in the US but only in union states ?
A bit narrow minded wouldn't you say ?

Old 12-16-2011, 06:16 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So the libs want jobs to stay in the US but only in union states ?
A bit narrow minded wouldn't you say ?
Oh they dont mind cars built in non union states. When it comes to spending their own money its a whole new picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies