Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 03:34 PM

45,580 posts, read 27,172,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
You don't like me calling him an idiot. Doesn't matter to me, because he fits the definition in my book. After all, I'm the one questioning his logic, or lack of. You're taking his words for it.

And it is billionaires who couldn't disagree more with this idiot. Yet, you won't listen to what they've to say. Which, BTW, would explain why and how Home Depot came about... unless this idiot accepts publicly that Carter years offered the conditions to create Home Depot. Would he?
I'm not taking his words for anything accept a validation of what's true. I didn't need his interview to verify anything.

This administration & Congress is costing employers much more money to operate their business. It's not hard to understand. However, it is hard to accept for some people.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:36 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,442,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Some on the left never seem to amaze me.
I'm an independent, many of my posts slam dems as well as republicans

Quote:
How many posting do we have about jobs going overseas? always condemning Those evil CEO's ot caring about American workers, etc, etc..

Now we have an American company, employing thousands of Americans and he is called a jackass just because of his supposed political affiliation.

It is no wonder we are in the trouble we are in with this kind of commenting.
You just don't get it. A business only wants to make profit, at any expense. Businesses don't like regulations, minimum wage, and government oversight for the simple reason that it cuts into their profits.

This guy doesn't give a crap about his employees. He only cares about expanding his business at THE EXPENSE of the public.

I'm all for business making as much money as they want. I don't care. But there is a problem in this country where a person of business thinks its ok for businesses to not follow regulations, laws, pay taxes, or provide their employees at least decent pay.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkm370 View Post

You just don't get it. A business only wants to make profit, at any expense. Businesses don't like regulations, minimum wage, and government oversight for the simple reason that it cuts into their profits.

This guy doesn't give a crap about his employees. He only cares about expanding his business at THE EXPENSE of the public.

I'm all for business making as much money as they want. I don't care. But there is a problem in this country where a person of business thinks its ok for businesses to not follow regulations, laws, pay taxes, or provide their employees at least decent pay.
How you can make that charge without any evidence is beyond me.

The problem is NOT that they don't follow regulations. The problem is that they DO follow regulations, but can not operate like they want with the added cost.

The ones that don't follow regulations are either put out of business or they pay off regulators to stay in business.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

The problem is NOT that they don't follow regulations. The problem is that they DO follow regulations, but can not operate like they want with the added cost.
Less regulations have been signed under Obama then Bush. And less than 1% of all companies who laid off 50 or more employees cited regulations as the reason for layoffs, so if that's the case where is the evidence that Obama's regulations are killing jobs?

Someone show me some regulations that Obama CREATED and signed into office that has shown to have a direct correlation with "killing" jobs.

Last year GE paid NO taxes, and so did 70% of ALL corporations. On top of that union membership has declined to it's lowest in 80 years. If all of this is the case:businesses barely pay taxes, unions are gone, less regulations than ever before, then where are the jobs?

Old 12-15-2011, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Less regulations have been signed under Obama then Bush. And less than 1% of all companies who laid off 50 or more employees cited regulations as the reason for layoffs, so if that's the case where is the evidence that Obama's regulations are killing jobs?

Someone show me some regulations that Obama CREATED and signed into office that has shown to have a direct correlation with "killing" jobs.
Bush eight years, Obama three years - yeah less regulations. It's what the regulations do to restrict commerce that's the issue.

Here are some job killing links for you.

Potential Economic Impacts of Proposed Increases in Regulation and Taxes on Deepwater Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico

Economic Study Shows EPA Regulations Increase Prices, Kill Jobs

Old 12-15-2011, 04:20 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,922,886 times
home depot is failing because of flawed policy, and lowes is taking advantage of it.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Bush eight years, Obama three years -
Obama's White House has approved fewer regulations than his predecessor George W. Bush at this same point in their tenures, and the estimated costs of those rules haven't reached the annual peak set in fiscal 1992 under Bush's father, according to government data reviewed by Bloomberg News.

Quote:
yeah less regulations. It's what the regulations do to restrict commerce that's the issue.

Here are some job killing links for you.

Potential Economic Impacts of Proposed Increases in Regulation and Taxes on Deepwater Drilling in the Gulf of Mexico

Economic Study Shows EPA Regulations Increase Prices, Kill Jobs
Look at who did the studies and I call bluff. Those very same people said that coal regulation that the EPA passed would kill jobs, and what happened:

Quote:
Since the Obama administration has taken initial steps to crack down on the coal industry's rampant pollution, which is contaminating waters and air across the nation, exposing families and communities to carcinogenic and poisonous toxic pollution, coal mining jobs have increased. By 10 percent! Since Obama's EPA began increasing mountaintop-removal-related protections on streams and waters!
Appalachian Coal Jobs Reach 14-Year High | Earthjustice

Sorry, but I'm all for a strong energy industry, but not to the point where they pollute all they want.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:44 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:

You are entitled to your opinion. and that is just what it is, opinion.

I think it is YOU who just doesn't get it. Most companies do not resemble YOUR impression of them at all.

I have friends that work for Home Depot, and have for years, and love it.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Obama's White House has approved fewer regulations than his predecessor George W. Bush at this same point in their tenures, and the estimated costs of those rules haven't reached the annual peak set in fiscal 1992 under Bush's father, according to government data reviewed by Bloomberg News.

Look at who did the studies and I call bluff. Those very same people said that coal regulation that the EPA passed would kill jobs, and what happened:

Appalachian Coal Jobs Reach 14-Year High | Earthjustice

Sorry, but I'm all for a strong energy industry, but not to the point where they pollute all they want.
Question - Are unions involved here? Do you know?

Regarding pollution - nobody wants bad pollution - we do want common sense.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:04 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
This administration & Congress is costing employers much more money to operate their business. It's not hard to understand. However, it is hard to accept for some people.
Quote:

According to a July 2011 Market Watch report: According to the latest data, profits of U.S. corporations are at record levels even as the U.S. economy gasps for air. Profits have been totally divorced from the economic fortunes of the American people.

Where's your evidence that "This administration & Congress is costing employers much more money to operate their business"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies