Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 07:32 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
You're hoping the movement is over? Then you're not paying attention.
So they don't have multibillionaire backers like the teabaggers have - so what?
There are things happening behind the scenes, there have been spinoffs, and plans are being made by movers and shakers for new UPCOMING initiatives.
The demonstrators are not the movement - the movement itself is much larger. The not-so-loud ALLIES are the movement and they are multiplying. If the demonstrators, or a single organization are not getting money, I can tell you that they have given rise to spinoff organizations who ARE receiving support - each addressing issues which the more vocal demonstrators have voiced.
And these are growing in number, becoming focused, and working under the radar.
Of course Fox will not tell you about this until its millionaires become fearful for some reason.
BTW the only reason Fox insults the demonstrators is due to an underlying rabid fear of them (the basis for all its rhetoric).
Cue the bitter leftist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 10:36 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Shutting down ports and businesses, especially in bad economic times, is some sort of hiatus for education without common sense.
Not really. It's the smart move. Better would be a national strike.

There is no painless way to effect change. You see what the Egyptians got, right? Nothing.

Quote:
You're hoping the movement is over?
What movement?

It's worse than Seinfeld, except at least Seinfeld was funny sometimes.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:47 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
That made me laugh out loud.

Youth is no excuse for ignorance, by the way.

Read up on some 'recent' history of social movements in this country.

I'd wager that some of the rights and priviledges you take for granted today were the same ones hard-fought for decades ago.
Oh sure, the women's rights movement was filled with people who defecated on police "vehicles" and blocked traffic, screamed obscenities, did drugs, blocked people from getting to work, and spent over a grand in donations on "salves".

Yes, exactly the same.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:36 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
I think the occupiers see Christmas around the corner and have headed home to mommy and daddy and all those evil corporate created free gifts under the Christmas tree. They will all return when they get signed up to their music and book clubs etc. and sit in their tents and compare their new toys and see who made out the best. If my kid was one of these loons I'd buy him/her a porta potty for Christmas.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:17 PM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Not sticking to 1 message blurs your message.

We dont like Wall Street (had legs and resonates with a larger part of the electorate)
then
We want universal health insurance
then
Free housing
then
this
then that.
Work down the list to whatever else that resonates with only 20% of the electorate.

And then we get Occupy Long Beach, Cleveland, Allentown??? huh? The people pulling the strings are in about ?5? locations and NONE of them are Long Beach, Cleveland or Allentown.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:20 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Soros pocketed all of the money since OWS was his idea.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:22 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
I will be writting a big check to occupy with a lot of zeros on it...

No other numbers.. Just the zeros

Old 12-19-2011, 05:19 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
You're hoping the movement is over? Then you're not paying attention.
So they don't have multibillionaire backers like the teabaggers have - so what?
There are things happening behind the scenes, there have been spinoffs, and plans are being made by movers and shakers for new UPCOMING initiatives.
The demonstrators are not the movement - the movement itself is much larger. The not-so-loud ALLIES are the movement and they are multiplying. If the demonstrators, or a single organization are not getting money, I can tell you that they have given rise to spinoff organizations who ARE receiving support - each addressing issues which the more vocal demonstrators have voiced.
And these are growing in number, becoming focused, and working under the radar.
Of course Fox will not tell you about this until its millionaires become fearful for some reason.
BTW the only reason Fox insults the demonstrators is due to an underlying rabid fear of them (the basis for all its rhetoric).
Go on with your childish "MIKE CHECK". If anyone has an ounce of gray matter, that alone will turn them off. OWS is a joke,...a dirt joke at that.....

As Newt said,...."take a bath,...then get a job".........

Old 12-19-2011, 05:41 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Cue the bitter leftist.
Continue watching Fox while others get down to work.
BTW as a "leftist" I did my part defending your behind from the Russkies who were the enemy of the day.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:21 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Am I the only one who thinks this whole OWS movement has a childish overtone with all the school-yard parroting of "mike check", the inability of the protestors to verbalize their demands/beliefs, the incessant drum beating, and the unkept appearance of the protestors? Those, coupled with the lawlessness, disdain for public property, and public indecency would rank these protestors among the lowest I've encountered in my lifetime.

Think I'll follow freightshaker's lead and send OWS a check with a lot of zeros on it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies