Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 11:54 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Its really funny how even Birthers themselves have completely lost track of this inane "argument." Seriously... what basis is there for any doubt whatsoever regarding the passport he traveled under at anytime in his life?

The only reason this question was ever asked in the first place is because of the Birther fabrication that when he visited Pakistan in 1981 it was "on a State Department 'no-travel' list," or "Pakistan did not allow Americans" or other such claim.

In point of fact, in 1981 an American could arrive unannounced at any Pakistani airport and automatically get a 30 day tourist visa, no questions asked. Pakistan has never once, in all of history, ever been on a State Department "no-fly" list. Once this was pointed out, it would seem reasonable to suspect that Birthers would stop wringing their hands about his passport... but no.

A Birther lie never dies.

PS. He was never "in the Middle East for a year." He spent mere days in Pakistan and India on his return to the US from Indonesia, and neither Pakistan nor India are in the "Middle East."

No paper trail? How is it Roy, that yo have followed this issue for this long and can still pretend that there is "No paper trail at all about his college years?" Here.... this is an example of what any genuinely curious person would have found out... just concerning Columbia... if they were honestly interested in the facts rather than the Birther myth.

A spokesman for the university, Brian Connolly, confirmed that Mr. Obama spent two years at Columbia College and graduated in 1983 with a major in political science. He did not receive honors, Mr. Connolly said, though specific information on his grades is sealed. A program from the 1983 graduation ceremony lists him as a graduate.

School spokesman Robert Hornsby told WND that federal law limits the release of information about a student, but he could confirm that "Barack Obama applied for and was granted admission to Columbia College as a transfer student in 1981. He enrolled for the fall term of that year as a political science major. With the conclusion of the spring semester of 1983, Obama completed the requirements for a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science and graduated with his class."

The Columbia University Directory shows Obama as a student for both years he attended:

The Columbia College, Columbia University web site bragged that Barack Obama '83 became the first College alumnus to be elected President of the United States. On November 4, Obama defeated his Republican challenger, Sen. John McCain P'07, ending a marathon campaign that saw Obama rise from a first-term senator to the nation's first African-American president.

Obama, was profiled in Columbia College Today in January 2005 when he burst upon the national political scene, transferred to Columbia from Occidental prior to his junior year.

Columbia College Today, Jan 2005 ran an article called Barack Obama ’83 -- The New Face of the Democratic Party?

The National Student Clearinghouse records his attendance "... according to information provided by the [National Student Clearinghouse] to a WND source, Obama attended from "09/1981" to "05/1983" and finished with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science. "

His own writing while a student has long been known.

An number of his classmates have talked about his time there.

Phil Boerner, his Classmate and Roommate wrote about how "I was Barack Obama ’83’s roommate at Columbia College in fall 1981..."

Michael J. Wolf, Classmate Michael Ackerman, ClassmateJim Davidson, ClassmateCathie M. Currie, Graduate Student A couple of his professors have talked about him too:
Lennard Davis, Assistant Professor (Now Professor at University of Illinois at Chicago)Michael L. Baron, Professor of Political Science even spend some time talking about that "thesis you seem so concerned about.Honestly now, Roy? "No paper trail?"
Thank you for this. Back during the election when this nonsense first started there was a person on this forum who kept spouting this same nonsense. I too tried to correct his errors by presenting many, many postings and links proving Barrack Obama's attendence at Columbia and Harvard. Instead of acknowledging his errors this person "disappeared" from the forum for a couple of weeks....only to again appear under a new name but stating word for word the lies he had spouted before.

Though they will deny it with their dying breath, I think we all know the truth. There are sadly people out there who honestly have never considered black people as "real Americans" and never will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 12:01 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No. You are demonstrating that you have made no genuine effort to read the memo and understand its arguments
In fact, I have. Maskell's 'opinion' is premised on his deliberate misquotation of SCOTUS. That's a fatal flaw. One would have to completely suspend reality to believe Maskell's opinion.

You try really hard... too bad you're long on 'opinion' but short on actual facts.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
The report, typical for the Congressional Research Service, is both compelling and authoritative.
Um... NO. It misquotes SCOTUS. It's fatally flawed.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:03 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Thank you for this. Back during the election when this nonsense first started there was a person on this forum who kept spouting this same nonsense. I too tried to correct his errors by presenting many, many postings and links proving Barrack Obama's attendence at Columbia and Harvard. Instead of acknowledging his errors this person "disappeared" from the forum for a couple of weeks....only to again appear under a new name but stating word for word the lies he had spouted before.

Though they will deny it with their dying breath, I think we all know the truth. There are sadly people out there who honestly have never considered black people as "real Americans" and never will.
I concur. Many of the birthers and after-birthers aren't just misinformed, many of them are just plain vicious and malicious in repeating their lies, even when they've been proven wrong time and time again.

Thanks HistorianDude, for the great post quoted in LML's above.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 12-18-2011 at 12:34 PM..

Old 12-18-2011, 12:07 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,352 times
Well if Congress says it.....

What the hell was i thinking..... i'm reborn...

ALL HAIL KING OBAMA. LONG LIVE THE KING.....

CON-gressional approval now stands at 9%

Hey OP are you a 9% er.....

Old 12-18-2011, 12:16 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
Congress didn't say anything. A congressional legal SCHOLAR a report backed up by findings and the US Supreme Court.

The SUPREME COURT says that anyone born on US Soil is a natural born citizen

Are you the 1% of this country who are birthers?

Old 12-18-2011, 12:25 PM

49 posts, read 37,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude: There are sadly people out there who honestly have never considered black people as "real Americans" and never will.
And the Founding Fathers would agree

Benjamin Franklin wrote in his book Observations Concerning the Increase of Mankind, Peopling of Countries,"Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased. And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red? But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind.''

Mr. Franklin would be considered a birther to you lefties, and I imagine he would wear that name as a badge of honor.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Congress didn't say anything. A congressional legal SCHOLAR a report backed up by findings and the US Supreme Court.

Are you the 1% of this country who are birthers?
OH! a Scholar... someone that clearly investigated the whole mess....

I am.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyronnie View Post
And the Founding Fathers would agree

Benjamin Franklin wrote in his book Observations Concerning the Increase of Mankind, Peopling of Countries,"Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased. And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red? But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind.''

Mr. Franklin would be considered a birther to you lefties, and I imagine he would wear that name as a badge of honor.
Franklin was an opportunistic sell out. He helped England take financial control of the US and was a sadistic, sex addict.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
You still haven't cited an actual quote from SCOTUS to support your assertion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies