Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2012, 09:41 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,172 times

Advertisements

The Fruit Cup is most likely gay; but, I would never order fruit at a fast food place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
I don't think so. Do they have a gay section on the menu board?

Old 07-25-2012, 09:49 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
What exactly is being forced upon you?
The idea that gay marriage is immoral and therefore should be banned for EVERYONE.

Now, I'm straight and I live in the great state of Massachusetts where people realize that their religious beliefs are private and that religious morality cannot be legislated. But most Americans are not so lucky. In my battle with cancer last year, I met several couples where one half of the couple was barred from the hospital room of a dying partner because they had the wrong genitalia and their partner's family did not approve. They also do not qualify for FMLA, so at least one of my friends lost her job while caring for her dying partner. When you do not support gay marriage, that is what you are supporting. Life partners separated in hospitals. Lives ruined.

If some Christians want to follow their anti-family, cherry-picked standards, that's fine. Don't force it on me and my friends through legislation. Their marriages do not affect your marriage or your life, but bring great joy and stability to homosexual and the friends that are lucky enough to bear witness to a loving couple of ANY gender.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:53 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,850,769 times
21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.
24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.
26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.
28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity.
Romans 1

Nicely done taking the section out of context. 24- "sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with ONE ANOTHER" This is in reference to heterosexual acts. Not to mention all that stuff before about idol worship. Why are they being described alongside homosexual acts as something sinful and bad? The entire passage is talking about idol worshipers and temple prostitution. These are people who are worshiping false idols and committing sexual acts as part of pagan worship.

You are also conventionally forgetting Paul's words from just a little later on in Romans:

You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance? But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

You're of course also forgetting to include any background information on Paul. All of the NT writings that remark on any sort of homosexuality are attributed to Paul (and there's only three to begin with.) There is much debate of whether he actually meant homosexuals as we know them or if he was only referring in all instances to temple prostitution associated with pagan idol worship. Respected scholars have argued both sides, but since these things happened so long ago we don't actually know which translations of translations are correct. Regardless of which he meant, is it just possible that maybe PAUL was the one with an issue with gay people, not God?

And in the end...I don't care what Paul said or what God said. You have the right to practice your religion. You don't have the right (or shouldn't) to make me obey the tenets of your faith. When I get to pass a law proclaiming Tuesday is naked sun worship day and everyone is required to participate, then you get to make laws forcing me to follow your religion. Since I'm betting you don't want Naked Sun Worship day to be forcefully applied to all, you might want to think about why you think I should care what your holy book says.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:00 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
What exactly is being forced upon you?
If I may...I can answer that...

The persistant hypocritical rhetoric...in the name of Jesus of course.
The false dumb a$$ assumption that this nation was founded on Chrisitanity.
The whining about the fake "War on Christmas".
The Bible thumping by bigots and hypocrites that in no way follow the teachings of Jesus...unless of course it is convenient for them at the moment.
The complaining and harping about the fact that some people don't apreciate religious symbols in public places

That's just for starters.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:05 PM

753 posts, read 843,059 times
Default Will Chick-Fil-A remove pork products from their menu?

First, let me start by saying that I've actually had an addiction to this place and have even commented about my enjoyment of their food on previous CD threads. You know, those with comments from folks that grew up around a CFA and live elsewhere now, etc.

I don't dislike them even now or feel they do have a right to do business the way they please. I've always just dealt with their homophobia and closing on Sundays! I want chicken on Sundays!!

Anyway, I'm just curious why they choose to adhere to certain verses of the Old Testament and not others.

"And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you." Leviticus 11:7

Last edited by PcolaFLGuy; 07-25-2012 at 10:16 PM..

Old 07-25-2012, 10:08 PM

Jesus said it was OK to eat pork, lobster, red meat, etc. to **** off the the old busy body Jews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcolaFLGuy View Post
First, let me start by saying that I've actually had an addiction to this place and have even commented about my enjoyment of their food on previous CD threads. You know, those with comments from folks that grew up around a CFA and live elsewhere now, etc.

I don't dislike them even now or feel they don't have a right to do business the way they please. I've always just dealt with their homophobia and closing on Sundays! I want chicken on Sundays!!

Anyway, I'm just curious why they choose to adhere to certain verses of the Old Testament and not others.

"And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you." Leviticus 11:7

Old 07-25-2012, 10:09 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Watch out for the stampede about Jesus fulfilling the old covenant.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:10 PM

Pork Filet sounds like a Gay Restaurant.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:11 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Pork Filet sounds like a Gay Restaurant.
We should all enjoy a good pork, shouldn't we?

Old 07-25-2012, 10:13 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Don't forget about the peach shakes! There's dairy in those babies, and you can't mix dairy and meat.

Ban the treyf! We only follow Biblical practices around here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies