Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 10:26 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
No, it was based on a Christian company using a lie as a promotional tool. Are you Christian? If so, you should know that lying is a sin. And it's not my perception of false advertising. It's a documented fact that chicken sandwiches pre-date the existence of Chickfila or Truitt Cathy.

LOL....as I said originally....is that really the BEST you've got against them?

It's called MARKETING 101

PS: I'm an atheist.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:27 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,347,468 times

First homo-loving antichrists attack Chick-fil-A...
next it will be Bible-believing churches that still
preach homosexuality is a sin. Next, it will be
individual Christians.

Antichrists will have to ban the Bible too, because
it mandates the death penalty for homosexuals
[Leviticus 20:13.]

In the Old Testament, God allowed Babylon and Edom
to destroy Jerusalem and the temple because Israel
sinned and allowed sodomites in the temple.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:27 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
^^^ belongs in the joke forum ^^^
This is the joke forum.

Hillarious watching people bicker for pages about what should be done to a private company because you don't like the owners views.

Simple, don't go....or do go....

However, it's sickening to see people talking about not allowing them in their town etc etc. which is a crappy fascist thing to do. Let the people decide and vote with their wallet. I mean imagine not letting someone open a shop in your town because they happen to be gay or even pro-gay? It's nuts.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:31 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,277,740 times
Quote:
Agreed! +1

You know...I personally am an atheist.

But what I appreciate about the USA is that I am completely free to be an atheist.

Likewise, I appreciate that Christians, Jews, Hindus, Muslims, etc. are EQUALLY free to practice, live by, and believe whatever they choose to.
Correct, and if the more radical elements of the gay community get too much in the spot light over this IMO they are going to see a bigger boycott in their own communities by the 99.5% than they are inspiring with Chick Fil A.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:31 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,311,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
finally clairity.... I agree. (except I dont hate fast food...)
You have a constitutional right to eat it!

Old 07-26-2012, 10:32 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,726,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
Since when do local residents have a say what stores are built in their cities one way or another? City councils always decide on these matter and rarely allow residents to vote on the matter. Like I said, some areas want to maintain a "small business friendly" environment and don't allow chains. And some won't allow businesses with a negative reputation to open within town/city limits.
Read my post. I didn't say they have a say. I said government should NOT determine what businesses locate there. The market should.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:32 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,338,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Cities and towns will sometimes keep strip clubs from opening up shop so why would not allowing a Chick Fil A be any different?
This.

There was a news article about a town near Chicago barring a bar and restaurant called Tilted Kilt from opening b/c they disagreed w/ the chain, which is like a Hooters but with a "Celtic" theme. When it comes to places like this, it's usually Christians who cry foul and try to ban them b/c of their sexual nature. Now they're upset b/c people are crying foul against their Christian "values"? Hypocritical, but not surprising unfortunately.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:33 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,311,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Agree. You must be a Libertarian.
Absolutely. The only political party that endorses adults doing what they want to do, unless it interferes with someone else, with no government interference or support.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:34 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
Quote:
Yes...dead serious.

Got a comment on it?
Yeah. You're dead wrong. The exact same people would be refusing to spend money at Chick-fil-A because of their funneling money to anti-gay groups (a few hate groups among them) regardless if done in the name of Christ or Muhammad.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:35 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,665,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This is the joke forum.

Hillarious watching people bicker for pages about what should be done to a private company because you don't like the owners views.

Simple, don't go....or do go....

However, it's sickening to see people talking about not allowing them in their town etc etc. which is a crappy fascist thing to do. Let the people decide and vote with their wallet. I mean imagine not letting someone open a shop in your town because they happen to be gay or even pro-gay? It's nuts.
Nothing facist about it. And the people did decide since last I checked Menino was a publicly elected official.
Perhaps Chick Fila is best suited for the areas of the country that share it's president's/owners view and where homosexuals ware treated more in line with views. Many shops and businesses are not allowed in Boston(and elsewhere in the northeast), because of various reason, many trivial, many not. Many business are kept out of Boston, for basically no reason at all(Wal-Mart). Cry me a river for this guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.