Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 12:04 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Across the street from the Holocaust memorial. Thousands of gays died in the Holocaust. If Chickfila thinks opening up shop there is at all in good taste, then wow.

There are two Chickfila's in the Boston metro - both in malls. I was in the mall yesterday. Normally there is a line at least 10 people deep even during off hours. No one was there. I don't think Boston has anything to worry about regarding Chickfila's unwanted presence.
and Thousands of gays were members of the Nazi Party. (remember the SA was mostly gay)

Since Judaism is more anti gay marriage then Christianity is protesting a store because of their support of true marriages (especially since gays helped the nazi party rise to power) is a insult to the millions of Jews who were murdered by the Nazi.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:09 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,968 times
Quote:
He's Jewish fundamentalist and does commit to the 617 mitvot required of a Jew - including not working (using electricity, cooking, riding in a car) on Shabbat and following Kosher law. He also does not insist that EVERYONE in the USA follows his moral code - which is what differentiates him from a Christian fundamentalist.
1. it's 613
2. while most jewish laws ONLY apply to jews the prohibition of relations between 2 men (and all the more so a counterfeit "marriage") applies 100% for non jews. which is why jews are required to fight to make sure counterfeit "marriages" are 100% illegal.
3 there are 2 places that Jewish tradition refers specifically to same-gender "marriage" regarding non jews and both refer mass destruction due to it.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:10 PM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
and Thousands of gays were members of the Nazi Party. (remember the SA was mostly gay)

Since Judaism is more anti gay marriage then Christianity is protesting a store because of their support of true marriages (especially since gays helped the nazi party rise to power) is a insult to the millions of Jews who were murdered by the Nazi.
And this here folks shows that I am equally disgusted by fundamentalists of my own faith.

The SA was mostly gay? Really? Then why were gays or those suspected of being gay subjected to cruel and unusual torture before being gassed? As horribly as Jews were treated, they were treated much better than the homosexuals in the camps. To deny one part of the Holocaust is to deny it all, and you can be guilty of that even as a Jew.

Luckily, most Jews are not fundamentalists and the vast majority of us either support gay marriage or recognize that it is not our right to ban them from those who do not follow our beliefs.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:12 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
You mean Chick Fil A donates a percentage of every sale to Christian organizations?

Of course they don't.

The Family of the family owned company DONATES from his own money earned through his business to Christian organizations.

Is that ILLEGAL? Is it Un-Constitutional?
Um, Chick-fil-A - the company - donates company money to these groups.

Quote:
And as I stated fairly clearly, if a Muslim family did that, Liberals would call a boycott of them tantamount to being a hate crime.
An utterly ridiculous claim.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:14 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
And this here folks shows that I am equally disgusted by fundamentalists of my own faith.

The SA was mostly gay? Really? Then why were gays or those suspected of being gay subjected to cruel and unusual torture before being gassed? As horribly as Jews were treated, they were treated much better than the homosexuals in the camps. To deny one part of the Holocaust is to deny it all, and you can be guilty of that even as a Jew.

Luckily, most Jews are not fundamentalists and the vast majority of us either support gay marriage or recognize that it is not our right to ban them from those who do not follow our beliefs.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:19 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,714,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Um, Chick-fil-A - the company - donates company money to these groups.
A FAMILY owned corporation.

Is that illegal? Is it un-Constitutional?

And AGAIN.....if this were a Muslim family owned corporation donating money to an equally "bigotted" Muslim organization, Liberals would call a boycott of them tantamount to being a hate crime.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:19 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post

Homosexuals were seen as 'undesirables' in Nazi Germany as they failed to meet the Nazi ideals to create Aryan offspring. As a result they were persecuted.
Nazi treatment of homosexuals - Key Stage 3 - The Holocaust Explained

The Nazis believed that male homosexuals were weak, effeminate men who could not fight for the German nation.
Persecution of Homosexuals in the Third Reich

That blows your statement out of the water.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:21 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,714,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

An utterly ridiculous claim.

I seriously doubt that, but you have a habit of making blanket statements without any attempt to even explain yourself.

Obama made it official that government employees can't call Muslim Terrorists, terrorists. They had to be called Muslim Extremists. What's that say about how Liberals are in denial?

Old 07-26-2012, 12:21 PM

569 posts, read 671,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Nothing facist about it. And the people did decide since last I checked Menino was a publicly elected official.
Perhaps Chick Fila is best suited for the areas of the country that share it's president's/owners view and where homosexuals ware treated more in line with views. Many shops and businesses are not allowed in Boston(and elsewhere in the northeast), because of various reason, many trivial, many not. Many business are kept out of Boston, for basically no reason at all(Wal-Mart). Cry me a river for this guy.
Cities have been deciding which businesses are allowed or not for eons. The town I grew up in allowed ZERO fast food chains once the A&W went out of business in the early 70's. The city I live in now won't allow Target or Walmart. Happens all the time. Why would a business want to be in a city/town where they are not wanted?

Old 07-26-2012, 12:23 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,850,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
A FAMILY owned corporation.

Is that illegal? Is it un-Constitutional?

And AGAIN.....if this were a Muslim family owned corporation donating money to an equally "bigotted" Muslim organization, Liberals would call a boycott of them tantamount to being a hate crime.
Is a boycott illegal? Am I legally required to donate money to causes I don't agree with?

And I would not give my money to a Muslim owned business that was donating to anti-gay marriage groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies