Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 10:25 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Jesus spoke clear on Homosexuality and so did God.. If you can't handle what God said about the human race then you have a problem with God.
No, Jesus never spoke about it. If he did, provide the scripture and quote what he supposedly said.

Your idol was a loving and understanding individual and your god supposedly is one, too.

Then again - your religion doesn't apply to me, so I couldn't careless what your false god had to so.

Being agnostic sure has its perks such as being able to disregard any form of religion shoved in my face.

Keep trying though, you might get somewhere.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:26 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,538,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I do not believe they are hate groups either, but I believe they promote hate.

The Fellowship of Christian Athletes were the group that passed out my name and phone number to the 300+ members at my high school, along with other non Christians, to "spread the word". My school promptly shut it down but when I contacted FCA hq about the harassment being allowed in one of their chapters, they replied with a pithy apology and said that it was done out of love. Bull****.

Family Research Council's statement on Homosexuality:

Family Research Council believes that homosexual conduct is harmful to the persons who engage in it and to society at large, and can never be affirmed. It is by definition unnatural, and as such is associated with negative physical and psychological health effects. While the origins of same-sex attractions may be complex, there is no convincing evidence that a homosexual identity is ever something genetic or inborn. We oppose the vigorous efforts of homosexual activists to demand that homosexuality be accepted as equivalent to heterosexuality in law, in the media, and in schools. Attempts to join two men or two women in "marriage" constitute a radical redefinition and falsification of the institution, and FRC supports state and federal constitutional amendments to prevent such redefinition by courts or legislatures. Sympathy must be extended to those who struggle with unwanted same-sex attractions, and every effort should be made to assist such persons to overcome those attractions, as many already have.

Bolded are what I find especially hateful. In particular, their stance that homosexuals should be guided to "overcome" their attractions - something that is significantly more harmful than being gay and accepted. Furthermore, their use of "no convincing evidence" is simply code for "we don't want to listen to the overwhelming evidence that proves us wrong".

Exodus International:

No More Hiding - Real Stories for July 2012

Again, promoting people to change who they inherently are is hateful. Encouraging people to lie to themselves is hateful.

In short, telling people they are wrong because they do not fit your faith is hateful. I'm Jewish. You don't see me going around demanding that McDonalds stops selling cheeseburgers, nor do you see Jews try to enforce our beliefs on the world at large (except in some ultraOrthodox groups that are not representative of Jews in general). Our rules are for us. It would be full of hate to insist that others follow our moral code at the detriment of their own values when what they do hurts no one.
Those quotes are not hateful! They pose a world view that is different! On religious grounds, they believe this.

Can they not disagree and not be called haters?? Ex- homosexuals do exist!! You guys can't stand that fact!! But it's true! Which means that some can be guided to another life!!

Stats show that it is a destructive lifestyle! The anus is an exit ....not and entrance. Ruptures and bleeding and disease from fecal matter can occur!!! This is a bad practice even in man/woman relations! The vaginal area is made perfectly for the male organ and receives it with even a natural lubricant. NATURE is howing us the path. But we don't wanna listen!

45,539 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Just one man's (just go with it for now) opinon...

Chick-Fil-A??? - YouTube

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
One's coming to our town and we all plan to support it.
Definitely eat lots and lots of commercially raised chicken.

The Disadvantages Of Commercially Raised Chicken | LIVESTRONG.COM

http://stevemark122000.hubpages.com/...ritional-Facts

667 posts, read 515,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I do not recall Jesus speaking of homosexuality in the four Gospels. I know that Saul/Paul did. What did Jesus say and which Gospel?
First, remember that Jesus is not confined to the Gospels not the New Testament since He has been with God forever.

However, Matthew 19:5 states:

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:27 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,287,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
They pro gay folks asked, pressured, for his views. He didn't just wake up in the morning and say hey I'm gonna go ahead let everybody know that I don't like gay marriage. This is where I have my problems with the pro gay communities because they go out and make huge scenes to try to get everybody on their side. This is a typical liberal tactic where they all think they're right and everyone else that opposes is wrong and they can't accept that.
That notion is hypocritical. The conservative movement does the same. They try to appeal to people by stressing "family values" and "good parenting" by implying a heterosexual couple are better parents than a gay couple.

I've never liked Chick Fil A. A chicken sandwich with no mayo and a breading that is neither hot nor crispy is fairly tasteless and I've never understood the appeal of the place until I learned it was founded in the South which makes sense since nearly every type of fast food seems to thrive there including bad ones.

When I learned of the owner's Evangelical stance and attempt to push his values on the public, it gave me more reason to avoid them.

Regardless, people are entitled to their opinion. If pro-conservatives want to endorse them so be it but the same respect should be give to those who choose to boycott them.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 07-27-2012 at 10:35 AM..

Old 07-27-2012, 10:29 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,002,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNEC_Dad View Post
First, remember that Jesus is not confined to the Gospels not the New Testament since He has been with God forever.

However, Matthew 19:5 states:

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.

Yes. Yes. I see. A clear and compelling statement by Jesus against homosexuality.

Yes.

Yes.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post

No, Jesus never spoke about it. If he did, provide the scripture and quote what he supposedly said.

Your idol was a loving and understanding individual and your god supposedly is one, too.

Then again - your religion doesn't apply to me, so I couldn't careless what your false god had to so.

Being agnostic sure has its perks such as being able to disregard any form of religion shoved in my face.

Keep trying though, you might get somewhere.
Quote:

And he said, 'This explains why a man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.' Matthew 19:5
Jesus agrees with God's original plan for marriage One Man / One Woman

Old 07-27-2012, 10:32 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Those quotes are not hateful! They pose a world view that is different! On religious grounds, they believe this.
As is their right to believe that

Quote:
Can they not disagree and not be called haters?? Ex- homosexuals do exist!! You guys can't stand that fact!! But it's true! Which means that some can be guided to another life!!
Disagreeing is fine - it's when the disagreement turns into denying people rights and liberties that it becomes an issue. And of course former homosexuals exist...just as much as former heterosexuals exist and you guys can't stand that fact, but it'st rue. Which means that some can be guided to another life.

Quote:
Stats show that it is a destructive lifestyle! The anus is an exit ....not and entrance. Ruptures and bleeding and disease from fecal matter can occur!!! This is a bad practice even in man/woman relations! The vaginal area is made perfectly for the male organ and receives it with even a natural lubricant. NATURE is howing us the path. But we don't wanna listen!
Why is it always about sex with you? What business is it of yours what two consenting adults do behind closed doors? You do realize that heterosexuals also engage in anal sex, yes?

Also - stats show that homosexual men and women are more capable of being parents than heterosexuals are. Or did that 50% divorce rate of heterosexuals seem to slip past you?

Old 07-27-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Yes. Yes. I see. A clear and compelling statement by Jesus against homosexuality.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes it is....

He is referencing the Genesis account. And if you want to see how things should be in God's design, you see the first three chapters of Genesis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.