Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 09:58 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,152,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyboopster View Post
Boohoo, the homosexuals want "tolerance." I do tolerate them. I also tolerate this darn corn on my foot.
You're embarrassing. As an American and as a Human Being.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:04 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Default Chick Fil A and boycott

We have had a small bit on the local News everyday about this failed boycott, this morning they showed our chick Fil A with a packed drive tru. It's good when people stand up for their beliefs.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:08 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I went to a Chic-Fil-A last week and they were PACKED! The drive thru line was very long and they had a guy taking orders outside with a hand-held device. I walked inside and it was full. I wondered if I would find a table...I finally did...

I saw something (maybe you can enlighten me) that I do not see at other fast food restaurants.... The employees were walking the floor, asking everyone how their lunch was and offering to remove your tray from your table.

I saw no evidence of a Boycot here....
hmmmm, I keep seeing all these posts claiming the stores are packed, probably at lunch time, but not once has someone posted a photo to go along with those claims... wonder why, the time or two I've passed our local chikfila it looked rather empty.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:10 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,584,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
hmmmm, I keep seeing all these posts claiming the stores are packed, probably at lunch time, but not once has someone posted a photo to go along with those claims... wonder why, the time or two I've passed our local chikfila it looked rather empty.
Counterpoint: I've never seen you post a timestamped photo showing a CFA empty.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:14 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Christians can believe whatever they want about THEIR marriage. They can choose who is allowed to have a ceremony in THEIR churches. What they can not do is deny American citizens equality under SECULAR law.

Why is that so hard to understand?
It isn't hard to understand. I agree with you! Christians operate under God instruction not secular law. Secular law is totally different. Secular law allow for divorce and remarriage regardless. Matthew 19:9 tells us Christians different. Some Christians want to ignore God biblical instruction on something and secular law on others.

So yes I do agree with you. Don't beat me up too bad.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:15 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Counterpoint: I've never seen you post a timestamped photo showing a CFA empty.
i have, pick a Sunday.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:15 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I don't doubt that they're packed.

What I doubt is that it is because of the publicity rather than because people like their stuff.

What I think is happening is that the busy CFA's will remain busy and the not-so-busy ones will remain not-so-busy.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:21 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
I went to Chick Fil A today....I'm sick and tired of people making others believe what they believe.....if you don't like them don't go! For people to try and bankrupt a company because the company stands by Christian beliefs? Give me a break!

Everyone is anti smoking..(no I do not smoke) so why doesn't anyone boycott Miller? This company gives a ton to Tobacco companies..... This country is becoming too politically correct

Old 08-01-2012, 10:22 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
Abraham the patriarch of the three major religions, Judaism - Isaac to David, Christianity - Isaac to Jesus, and Islam - Ismael to Muhammad, had multiple wives. Remember, the concept of marriage predates organized religion.
Define organized religion.

This is not a religious forum So I'm not going to go deep into theology but Christianity didn't start until the resurrection of Christ. (the first Pentecost after the resurrection of Christ acts 2) Long after the institution of marriage.

What are you writing about.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:29 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
It isn't hard to understand. I agree with you! Christians operate under God instruction not secular law. Secular law is totally different. Secular law allow for divorce and remarriage regardless. Matthew 19:9 tells us Christians different. Some Christians want to ignore God biblical instruction on something and secular law on others.

So yes I do agree with you. Don't beat me up too bad.
I'm not trying to beat you up, or anyone else for that matter.

If christians feel that same sex marriage is a sin, fine. Some people don't. It is a problem when these christians try to make their beliefs laws that restrict the rights of everyone.

If you aren't one of those christians, I have no problem with you. Live your life as you wish, and let me live mine withe equal rights as an American citizen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies