Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 01:44 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Let's recap..

You: I've never eaten at Chick Fil A, but if I decide to, there is NOTHING that YOU or any of your other little communist friends are going to do about it.
Me: Is anyone trying to stop you? No.
You: And why is it so hard for you pansy communists to understand that, here in America, we still have the freedom of choice.
Me: You can choose to eat there and support a bunch of bigots if you want. Others can choose to not eat there, and are free to tell others why they choose not to eat there.
You: You - and your closed-minded little liberal snots - want to FORCE Chick-Fil-A to either agree with you, or be shut down.

Your responses are completely disconnected from what I've actually said.

Nice try. Do NOT expect to get by with all your little snarky, passive-aggressive comments. Grow up.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:46 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
That was not the question (Funny that you criticized me for supposedly not reading and thinking about what I've read before responding).

You had accused liberals of not being tolerant of those who disagree with them about "anything" (attributing the questioning of a silly, bigoted belief system to a political bias). And so I said to you:

Why are you excusing the promotion of intolerance and inequality, George? That's the question.
I am NOT excusing YOUR promotion of intolerance and inequality. I'm calling you out on it!

What I have said all along is that Chick-Fil-A can give their money to whatever organization they want - whether I like it or not.

Why is it that you crazy liberals are so anti-choice? Why is it that you liberals are so furiously trying to FORCE people to obey you? Why is it that you liberals are so determined to TAKE AWAY OTHER PEOPLE'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE?

Old 07-05-2012, 01:49 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
They're a private company and they're allowed to have whatever beliefs they choose whether I agree or not. They can be closed on Sunday. They can donate their money to whoever they want. I think boycotting is silly unless the company is doing something absolutely outrageous. No one shoves their beliefs down my throat when I go there and I can't imagine any employees there would discriminate against a gay person eating there. The food is good and I always have a pleasant experience. I'll still go.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:54 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
That was not the question (Funny that you criticized me for supposedly not reading and thinking about what I've read before responding).

You had accused liberals of not being tolerant of those who disagree with them about "anything" (attributing the questioning of a silly, bigoted belief system to a political bias). And so I said to you:

Why are you excusing the promotion of intolerance and inequality, George? That's the question.
Vic, I can’t answer for George but I can answer for myself.

It is one thing to advocate for a political cause such as same sex marriage. We do not have to agree on an issue to agree that the engagement in the political arena is valuable.

The issue I have is one that was openly stated in this tread. That is liberals want to cause enough pain to force a company to change its behavior.

PAIN. Not persuade them by the force of your reason.
Not change their mind by the power of your argument.

no.

PAIN> HURT Them until they decide that their behavior must be modified. THIS is the point I take exception to. this is why this thread has gotten me to engage.

And here is a little note for you. If conservatives were to do that, I would not like it one bit.
I don’t like coercion. In fact I hate it. I think it is sick and vile and it makes me angry when government uses it. Liberals have decided this is a “best practice” and have been doing it with greater frequency of late. I oppose it. I am going to point it out when I see it.

Now, if you want to have a debate about the subject of same sex marriage that remains in the realm of debate/discussion about that particular issue without calling people names and calling for boycotts then let’s have it! You might even find me and a lot of conservatives a bit more reasonable than you think.

But if you are going to play the coercion card, I’m not only not going to play but I am going to be the enemy. I am going to play at least as dirty as I perceive you to be. And believe me, there aren’t too many things I think are lower than this.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:01 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
Doesn't matter. The new immigants will in large part vote dem, and regardless of their growing numbers, the overall percentage of non believers in the Country continues to explode.

You're fubarred, no matter how you slice it.

More of us everyday, and less of you everyday.
Yeah right, keep thinking that loser. As soon as the hispanics start gaining power they'll throw the gay agenda under the bus, just like blacks did in california when they voted down gay marrige.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:04 PM

589 posts, read 850,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Yeah right, keep thinking that loser. As soon as the hispanics start gaining power they'll throw the gay agenda under the bus, just like blacks did in california when they voted down gay marrige.

Clearly, there must be 15 bricks in a load

Last edited by Nomad58; 07-05-2012 at 03:15 PM..

Old 07-05-2012, 02:08 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Contrary to what you might think, the "Latino" vote wasn't that much different than the "Anglo" vote in the Prop 8 results. Just like the majority population, the "minority" populations' views are also "evolving" just like Pres Obama's. In fact, I read recently that Pres Obama's announcement has swayed black voters to support marriage equality. It's too bad that we don't have a leader like MLK or Coretta King who could really help people understand this. The frequency of church-going affected the vote more than anything. Many of the Latino immigrants have little or no education and are easily persuaded by their hegemonic church leaders. Once education spreads, they too will evolve just as everyone else does.

http://www.letcaliforniaring.org/sit...rop_8_Vote.htm

Old 07-05-2012, 02:24 PM

589 posts, read 850,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
My neck is about a red as your brain is big - which is, NOT AT ALL.

Stop trying to force people who don't agree with you to go bankrupt. Stop trying to force people to patronize or boycott businesses because of YOUR convictions.

Save your hate-filled preaching for the pulpit.

Equal rights for all Americans, are the convictions of our founding fathers.

They would also consider pequeño Jorge to be an unamerican redneck.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:26 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
Equal rights for all Americans, are the convictions of our founding fathers.

They would also consider pequeño Jorge to be an unamerican bigoted redneck.
What right is being violated?

Old 07-05-2012, 02:27 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,775,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Yeah, Nike, with those sweat shops and Apple exploiting slave labor.... real nice

Then again, since leftists believe in murdering kids and hate minorities, it makes sense that they would support those companies that exploit those groups not to mention all the hatred that some leftist groups have had for Target.... way to contradict yourselves

Lefties = love gays and hate kids, women and minorities

Thanks for proving that
I believe you missed my point because your reply did not logically follow from my argument. Let me reiterate. If you "vote with your dollars" and only patronize anti-gay businesses, you are left with nothing.

We can discuss the fact that most corporations are evil in another thread though! I'll be happy to have that conversation with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies