Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2012, 06:55 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
There wouldn't be any donations without the sponsors, your nit picking and your wrong.
Whacko!

Whack A Mole Game (1999)- YouTube

Old 08-07-2012, 07:07 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,224,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0
And just which of the Ten Commandments addresses homosexuality?
Honor thy father and mother.
Say what?

Old 08-07-2012, 07:14 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Honor thy father and mother.
I assume you mean that since it didn't say "Honor your 2 fathers" or "Honor your 2 mothers", it suggests gays shouldn't be able to adopt?

Hardly a case against homosexuality in and of itself. And really, when you think about it, it doesn't necessarily mean you can't have two adoptive fathers or two adoptive mothers. To the extent that we can figure it's referring to one's biological parents, having two adoptive fathers or two adoptive mothers does not mean you don't have biological parents to honor... somewhere.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:15 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
mythunderstood did answer your questions, just in the form of other questions. If there is no prejudice against or hatred for homosexuals and these so-called "Christians" are just "Hyuck, doin what the big man upstairs says!" when they oppose it, why are they not also opposing all these other "sinners" with the same fervency? Those who remarry, work on the Sabbath (breaking one of the Ten Commandments), atheists, people of other religions, psychics, etc. The bible even says to kill those in all but the first group, just like it says to kill homosexuals.

Yet these "Christians" put a lot more effort in talking their trash about homosexuality. They fight to see to it that they cannot legally marry or adopt children. Compared to homosexuals, all other sinners get a pass when it comes to their legal rights. Of course the motivation is prejudice, hatred of homosexuals. We are not among those who choose to be blind to this.

As I stated the others are covered by other threads and as you admitted this is a thread on homosexuality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
Sure, we could talk about every commandment and every sin all day long until the cows come home. But since this thread addresses (gay) marriage, I figured I would point out the hypocrisy in these hate groups in actively trying to prevent gay marriage, but not re-marriage. Why don't they work on trying to stop the type of "marriage" that jesus specifically was against?
Read my statement above and these groups do address the other subjects as well and they are not hate groups they are outreach groups helping those who want the help. Would you deny someone help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Actually, it says, "Thou shall not commit murder", to be more accurate.

Also, marriage isn't a right, it's a privilege.

Legal def of a right

Legal Definition of Right
Thank you you are correct with the murder part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The USSC has repeatedly ruled it a right. But the 14th amendment covers privileges too.
And the USSC has never been wrong.......Really....seriously:smac k:....they are only human.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
As I stated the others are covered by other threads and as you admitted this is a thread on homosexuality.
Part of the point of this thread is to establish whether so-called "Christians" are merely anti-gay or if it's a matter of hate. So it's relevant here. But if you don't want to type it out again, fine, give us a link.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:18 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
I assume you mean that since it didn't say "Honor your 2 fathers" or "Honor your 2 mothers", it suggests gays shouldn't be able to adopt?

Hardly a case against homosexuality in and of itself. And really, when you think about it, it doesn't necessarily mean you can't have two adoptive fathers or two adoptive mothers. To the extent that we can figure it's referring to one's biological parents, having two adoptive fathers or two adoptive mothers does not mean you don't have biological parents to honor... somewhere.
Now that is a stretch considering this is a thread about gay marriage not adoption.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Now that is a stretch considering this is a thread about gay marriage not adoption.
Excuse me, do you agree with the poster I was replying to? If so, then how bout you try and explain?

Shady people

Old 08-07-2012, 07:29 PM

43 posts, read 31,853 times
I enjoy CFA because their food is tasty and served with a smile. I couldn't care less who the owner gives money too. As long as CFA is following the law nothing else should matter.

This need to label people hateful because they disagree with another's opinion is getting out of hand.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:31 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,224,127 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood
Sure, we could talk about every commandment and every sin all day long until the cows come home. But since this thread addresses (gay) marriage, I figured I would point out the hypocrisy in these hate groups in actively trying to prevent gay marriage, but not re-marriage. Why don't they work on trying to stop the type of "marriage" that jesus specifically was against?
Read my statement above and these groups do address the other subjects as well and they are not hate groups they are outreach groups helping those who want the help. Would you deny someone help?

Link please which shows that these groups are working to prevent/prohibit heterosexuals from re-marrying.....

I just checked the Family Research Council website and could find no mention about the issue of remarriage. Hmm. Hypocritical haters.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:34 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
Quote:

You're flailing. Which is better than the ignorance/illegitimacy of the post just before yours, I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies