Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 07:25 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I can also respect and admire the decision to close on Sundays so his people can observe a religion if desired. If I want a sandwich, I'll go somewhere open on Sunday. His choice and my choice

Actually we need more people in this world with integrity. He's one of the old generation who were much better people than the spoiled kids (and adults) we have today.
Closing your business on Sundays equals integrity? Who ever knew that integrity could be so easily acquired.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:25 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
Quote:
I can also respect and admire the decision to close on Sundays so his people can observe a religion if desired. If I want a sandwich, I'll go somewhere open on Sunday. His choice and my choice

Actually we need more people in this world with integrity. He's one of the old generation who were much better people than the spoiled kids (and adults) we have today.
I agree with you 100%!!! I can't rep you enough.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:28 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
[quote=helenejen;25278172]Closing your business on Sundays equals integrity? Who ever knew that integrity could be so easily acquired. [/

Nice way to twist words around to suit your agenda. It really gets disgusting!

Old 07-21-2012, 07:31 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Yes. you can as couples in gay marriages currently illustrate.

From where did you obtain your marriage license?

There are 1138 federal benefits, rights, and privileges conferred by a marriage license. Why would we need two names for the same thing?

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d04353r.pdf
Marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman, husband and wife, it is not marriage if the parts don't fit.

I got my marriage license from a courthouse and was married by a Pastor.

Ok I had to ask the question, no disrespect intended, but they are asking for special rights in order to change tradition, in order for a special choice which most deem as immoral.

I am sorry but CFA is within their rights to voice their beliefs thru their company as well as to require a certain morality within their company.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Closing your business on Sundays equals integrity? Who ever knew that integrity could be so easily acquired. [/

Nice way to twist words around to suit your agenda. It really gets disgusting!
Honestly, I think you need to increase your vocabulary.

How is this man demonstrating integrity?

First, it's Chick-Fil-A's policy that “We will not champion any political agendas on marriage and family?" and "We've opted not to get involved in the political debate. It's never been our agenda." Chick-fil-A states position in anti-gay snafu | QSRweb.com

Then Dan Cathy, the President of Chick-Fil-A says the following:
"In last month’s radio interview on The Ken Coleman Show, Cathy stated in no uncertain terms where he stands on the issue of gay marriage. ‘I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say 'we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’ and I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about,' he said at the time."

Read more: 'Guilty as charged': President of fast food chain Chic-fil-A OUTS his company as ANTI-GAY - and proud of it | Mail Online

Now, it's back to this as of yesterday:

"The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect – regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender. We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 Restaurants run by independent Owner/Operators. Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena."

If there is one thing that Dan Cathy is definitely lacking its integrity.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:35 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
You mean you once did support the gay community? How so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
None of your business....but thanks for attempting to be rude.
Umm, you're the only one being rude here. I asked you a simple, sincere question. How did you used to support the gay community?

Old 07-21-2012, 07:38 PM

507 posts, read 513,928 times
I don't see the point in boycotting the man and his business. There are businesses that we frequent all the time that say and do things we don't agree with. He doesn't support gay marriage? So what? He could not support marrying interracially either, and I still wouldn't give a damn. He is entitled to his opinion and that is his stance. What bothers me about the gay rights movement sometimes, is they want to boycott everything that doesn't go there way. Well news flash not everyone has to agree with two men or women wanting to get married

And this is coming from someone who supports gays being allowed to be legally married

Old 07-21-2012, 07:41 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,400,728 times
in our little town the chick-fil-a was/ is a meeting place
for the tea party, way to stay out of politics.
they actually take over the whole place.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Marriage is between 1 man and 1 woman, husband and wife, it is not marriage if the parts don't fit.
That is ridiculous. So if a man in the military has his penis blown off he shouldn't be married? Come on. If that's your best argument, you are in serious trouble as that completely lacks reason. And the fact is is that there are already gay marriages in the country as well as in other countries. Obviously people can be married if the "parts don't fit."

Quote:
I got my marriage license from a courthouse and was married by a Pastor.
Right, you had a civil marriage and then a religious ceremony. In this country, no adult should be barred from applying for and receiving a license from a government institution based on religious morals that translate to civil prejudice.

Quote:
Ok I had to ask the question, no disrespect intended, but they are asking for special rights in order to change tradition, in order for a special choice which most deem as immoral.
Moral and immoral has no place in the issuing of licenses from civil institutions. Don't believe in gay marriage? Great. Belong to a church that refuses to perform gay marriage ceremonies. No problem.

Quote:
I am sorry but CFA is within their rights to voice their beliefs thru their company as well as to require a certain morality within their company.
No one said that Chick-fil-A can't say what it wants or give its money where it wants. What it can't do is expect others to not have an opinion about what it says and what it does.

And morality is not the domain of religion alone. And many religious people would say that you have no right to force your beliefs on others. Respecting the freedom of others to believe differently is the first rule of evangelism.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:48 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Please bear with me as I haven't been following this thread real closely and this may have already been answered, but.........

Not all religions and churches recognize Sunday as the sabbath. For instance, the Seventh Day Adventist Church believes the sabbath falls on Saturday. The Jewish sabbath is also on Saturday.

So, how does that work for employees who work at Chick-fil-A who either attend the Seventh Day Adventist Church or who are Jewish? Do they get their sabbath off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies