Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 10:26 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,325,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
So you're saying since my opinion stops someone from living the way they want to then I should not be able to have an opinion. I tell you what. Send me your home address. How about I come over there and steal your car and all your valuables. Oh what's that? You don't think that's right for me to steal from you? But by stopping me from stealing aren't you telling me I have to live by your belief that stealing is wrong? See what I did with that?
You give willful ignorance new meaning here.

Your desire to come and steal from me violates my rights. So the"right" you think you have, since it violates my rights to not have my property stolen, is invalid. The LGBT community wanting the right to marry does not violate your rights in any way. Is this getting through... By blocking the LGBT community you ARE violating their rights. You ARE forcing them to believe what you believe.

Quote:
See you don't realize that you see your truth as being the only truth that matters. If I told you that I supported gay marriage, I bet you wouldn't say that I'm trying to have people live by my beliefs. The only difference that you see is that you agree with gay marriage. But the fact that the only issue you really have is that these ideas don't agree with your ideas, shows you are narrow minded and ethnocentric.
Please, tell me how LGBT people getting married is violating your rights or forcing you to believe or doing anything?

Old 07-22-2012, 10:30 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I ate there yesterday and I thought of this thread and chuckled.
Funny how that happens. I always chuckle when I drive by a corner where the government paid-for cell phones are being applied for, as that whole situation is a source of much debate on this forum.

Old 07-22-2012, 11:27 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,199,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
So I am a bigot because I like chik fil a?

Typical leftie. What does bigotry have to do with liking their chicken nuggets? I will answer for you...nothing!! This is why i am SO sick of, and no longer support, the freaking gay community!!
Nothing, other than you enjoying their food is supporting someone else's bigotry. If you were a gun nut, for example, and they actively pursued gun control, would you help fund their anti gun campaign?

Old 07-22-2012, 12:36 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Honestly, the creepy (because they are so small and hidden) In-and-Out verse numbers are far more off putting because of their surreptitious appearance than some company where the higher ups admit to holding a view I may disagree with. It is not like Chik-fil-a puts little anti-homosexual messages in 9 point font on the underside of the cup rims.

Old 07-22-2012, 02:56 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Honestly, the creepy (because they are so small and hidden) In-and-Out verse numbers are far more off putting because of their surreptitious appearance than some company where the higher ups admit to holding a view I may disagree with. It is not like Chik-fil-a puts little anti-homosexual messages in 9 point font on the underside of the cup rims.
I've never seen any homophobic verses on their cup rims. The only one that I noticed was John 3;16, the one that says that God gave us his only begotten son, hardly a homophobic verse. You could be right. But if someone from the in n out family had donated to militantly anti-gay org or FOR Prop 8, it surely would have been detected by now.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:06 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Nothing, other than you enjoying their food is supporting someone else's bigotry. If you were a gun nut, for example, and they actively pursued gun control, would you help fund their anti gun campaign?
I have every right.....that's what you gay community bit*ch about, rights......to enjoy food anywhere I want and not be judged for it. It doesn't matter what the owners beliefs are, I myself have every right to form no opinion and enjoy the services offered without being judged by a judgmental, pathetic group of people.

You want acceptance and tolerance, but you sure don't want to give the same.

And stop expecting everyone to fight your battles. I have my own battles and I certainly do not expect others to take on my causes or concerns or issues.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
I have every right.....that's what you gay community bit*ch about, rights......to enjoy food anywhere I want and not be judged for it. It doesn't matter what the owners beliefs are, I myself have every right to form no opinion and enjoy the services offered without being judged by a judgmental, pathetic group of people.

And stop expecting everyone to fight your battles. I have my own battles and I certainly do not expect others to take on my causes or concerns or issues.
Typical selfish "I've got mine, you get yours" mentality that is all too common in this country. What problems do you have that are so immense? Enjoy your food, fattie.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:26 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:

Sure do wish I could rep you again....great post.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:32 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Typical selfish "I've got mine, you get yours" mentality that is all too common in this country. What problems do you have that are so immense? Enjoy your food, fattie.
Is it possible that stayinformed40 (oh, the irony!!!!) thinks that everyone that has a problem with Chick-fil-A donating money to anti-gay organizations is gay? How very strange. Concern for equality luckily transcends many people's personal identities.

Old 07-22-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Is it possible that stayinformed40 (oh, the irony!!!!) thinks that everyone that has a problem with Chick-fil-A donating money to anti-gay organizations is gay? How very strange. Concern for equality luckily transcends many people's personal identities.
I sure wish that I could rep you again, helen.

Never
doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies