Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 04:25 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,934,738 times

Advertisements

I hope this is not off topic, but I avoid fast food joints altogether ... it is fattening unhealthy food. Not good for you. Not only Chik-Fil-A, but McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, and Dominoes.

Once I was a heavier, out of shape person. Through diet and exercise I have become fit and trim. People at the High School reunion party I went to 2 months ago were astonished at how young and healthy I looked.

Even if Chik changed it's policy and started donating millions to gay rights organizations I still wouldn't eat that re-heated processed junk.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:30 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
So if you found out Titleist donated millions of dollars yearly to the KKK or Neo-Nazi groups that wouldn't even slightly factor into your decision of what brand of golfing supplies to purchase?
Your example is extreme. Let's just leave my statement as I posted it.

If you had any knowledge of the business world you would know that these issues are not that black and white. Every large corporation donates to dozens of organizations and their PACs almost always donate to both Dems and Reps.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Then deal with me. I support the right of any number of consenting adults of any sex to marry in any combinations they so desire.

If they're happy, I'm happy for them, not threatened by them.

I agree with you (and would add marriage to animals and fence posts, etc.), but would remove government from marriage entirely. Make it only a religious event.

Millions of people would be more happy marrying their dog than another human.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:41 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I do not think that at all.

But let me be real clear....I will eat where I want and enjoy the right not to get into issues not pertaining to me if I do not wish to.
Who is telling you that you CAN'T eat at Chick-Fil-A? The question that is being discussed throughout this thread is whether or not one OUGHT to eat at Chick-Fil-A.

If you don't want to see your chicken nuggets as having implications beyond filling your belly, that's fine. However, those nuggets do have greater implications than that. Don't ask us to be quiet, just so you can suck your nuggets down without have to complicate your consumption. As you'll see throughout this thread, there are gay people who aren't going to stop eating at Chick-Fil-A because they like the food. But they also speak of recognizing that they are supporting a company that actively contributes to anti-gay organizations. These people are making what is called making an informed decision. You may want to make uninformed decisions, for whatever the reason, but don't ask others to help you do that.

Quote:
Your comment was pathetic and you embarrass yourself throughout this thread.
Of course, you think that. You think it's a virtue to be uninformed. Furthermore, you appear not to realize that you could have continued to be so in the case of your nuggets had you simply chosen not to participate in this thread.

Old 07-22-2012, 04:45 PM

1,403 posts, read 936,943 times
I just ate at Chick Fil A just the other day had breakfast and lunch there...good stuff.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

Furthermore, you appear not to realize that you could have continued to be so in the case of your nuggets had you simply chosen not to participate in this thread.

If reading your rants makes somebody "informed", I'll choose to stay "uninformed".

Old 07-22-2012, 05:35 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
If reading your rants makes somebody "informed",
Seriously? Stay(un)informed40 throws a hissy saying
Quote:
I will eat where I want and enjoy the right not to get into issues not pertaining to me if I do not wish to.
I then tell him that no one is telling him that he doesn't have the right to eat where he likes but he can't tell the rest of us what we can and cannot discuss. And you consider that a rant?

You either don't know the definition of "rant" or you are overly sensitive.

Quote:
I'll choose to stay "uninformed".
Will you next pitch a fit about how in discussing Chick-Fil-A we are preventing you from staying uninformed on a thread you choose to participate in?

Last edited by helenejen; 07-22-2012 at 05:43 PM..

Old 07-22-2012, 05:45 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes59 View Post
What the heck is going on with the Chick Fil A and this boycott of their business? Is America simply going CRAZY?
Well it is their right to say what they want - but yes, they're definitely on the losing side of history and will unfortunately for them look even more stupid in 10-15 years than they do today.

.........gay people didn't choose to be gay any more than a person choses to be a woman or white.

Old 07-22-2012, 06:06 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
So you agree with certain restrictions on marriage, just not same sex marriage. Talk about disingenuous.
Do you even know what that word means?

I agree with restrictions on marriage that serve an identifiable purpose or reasoning and/or are supported by research or science of some kind. The idea that gays shouldn't be able to get married is neither sensible nor supported by the evidence (some of which finds that homosexual couples are less likely to divorce than heterosexual couples).

Again, that any heterosexual thinks they are worthy and qualified to speak against the idea of gay marriage is laughable. It's like if Justin Bieber wanted to school Nas on how to rap. Give me a break!

Old 07-22-2012, 06:07 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
I agree to boycott them on Sunday...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies