Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2011, 03:11 PM

674 posts, read 1,055,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Threads like this always bring out the hateful types of people. In fact, any thread about any minority group brings out their venom. They're bitter people who need to tear down others in order to make themselves feel better about their lives.

I'm not "boycotting" the Salvation Army. I just choose to make donations to charities that are non-religious, and don't go out of their way to discriminate against gays.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 03:22 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAcid View Post
But it's much more interesting to draw out the bigoted remarks and illogical thinking of people such as yourself. You should take your own advice and accept the inevitable and just get it over with by supporting gay marriage. Sounds like someone is a glutton for punishment.

That's your opinion and it is one not shared by most people, because gay marriage keeps getting voted down time after time.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
That's your opinion and it is one not shared by most people, because gay marriage keeps getting voted down time after time.
Correct, by a generation currently in power. Politics become more and more liberal as time goes on and as younger generations exercise their right to vote. If you think my "opinion" is incorrect, look at the country around you and marriage policy. Gay marriage already exists in several states, it won't be long before it's overturned in others, such as Iowa. That or the recognition of civil unions. Either way, it's the same thing with a different name affording the same legal rights to all citizens. Same with marijuana and drug policy that's already experiencing rapid changes as far as politics go.

What an even greater country this will be someday.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:42 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAcid View Post
You're right. Children are much better provided for in environments where unemployment and gang violence reign supreme. Versus a loving, caring home where they're provided for with two mommies or two daddies.

Since we all know that all black people are poor and gangbangers and all gays force their adopted children to also be gay as well.

My concern is for you to not be concerned with concerns of private individuals that do not concern you.

Oh yeah right because we all know that it's normal for two big grown ass men to sleep in the same bed or two women to do the same while one masquerades as daddy and the other part of the equation as mommy. The fact that their classmates tease them because of it doesn't matter, it's just the way kids are. No emotional baggage will result from the confusion of all the role playing.

Your generalizations about white Americans' perception of all blacks doesn't bother me, lame potshot that it is. I've been around long enough to know and witness a long list of dysfunctional behavior amongst all races. Additionally, what you are concerned about matters not to me in the least. That being said, my free speech was bought and paid for with my ancestors blood sweat and tears. At the end of the day, as a member of society any issue that affects the outcome of the world that I leave my son is my concern, that includes sexual deviance being crammed down his throat as normal. At one time the sexual deviance of homosexuals was a private matter, until they started exhibiting their sexual deviance publicly and demanding that the rest of the world agree to play house with them. Whether you agree with me or not that makes it my concern.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Oh yeah right because we all know that it's normal for two men to sleep in the same bed and two women to do the same while one masquerades as daddy and the other part of the equation as mommy. The fact that their classmates tease them because of it doesn't matter, it's just the way kids are. No emotional baggage will result from the confusion of it all.

Your generalizations about white Americans' perception of all blacks doesn't bother me, lame potshot that it is. I've been around long enough to know and witness a long list of dysfunctional behavior amongst all races. Additionally, what you are concerned about matters not to me in the least. That being said, my free speech was bought and paid for with my ancestors blood sweat and tears. At the end of the day, as a member of society any issue that affects the outcome of the world that I leave my son is my concern, that includes sexual deviance being crammed down his throat as normal. At one time the sexual deviance of homosexuals was a private matter, until they started exhibiting their sexual deviance publicly and demanding that the rest of the world agree to play house with them. Whether you agree with me or not that makes it my concern.
Actually, there are multiple studies that have been conducted for years concerning the children raised in gay households. Maybe you should look them up if you're done being ignorant now and are actually prepared to learn something.

Furthermore, my "generalizations" were clearly made to show a point and are definitely not what the the general perception that "white americans" nor myself have of all blacks.

It's always so comical to hear things like "homosexuality was once a private matter" - as if it suddenly became cool to just be gay and obnoxiously flamboyant about it when in reality the only time you ever hear about anything related to being gay in mainstream media is for the most part related to gay marriage and equality. As I've said before, there is a correlation. If you legalize gay marriage, bitching from gays about the right to marry will go away. Thus, homosexuality will once again become "private."

But, to continue on your tangent of "once upon a time" - once upon a time it was commonplace for black slaves to clean our homes and everything else involving manual labor. So gays should all go back in the closet, but civil rights for blacks shouldn't revert to pre-civil rights era status.

When will the hypocrisy end? Maybe if your son decides to inform you of being on the down low.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:24 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Amusing at best, pathetic at worse. I marched during the civil rights movement and there is no comparison to rights based on race vs. sexual orientation. When it comes to comparing the two they are as bad as illegal aliens. Both special interest groups make themselves look completely ignorant when they do so. There is NO comparison.

That's right! When I hear my black friends talk about what they went through when they were young makes you wonder how people could be treated that way. There is no comparison between the two.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:33 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
That's right! When I hear my black friends talk about what they went through when they were young makes you wonder how people could be treated that way. There is no comparison between the two.
The civil rights movement is truly the most scarey memory of my childhood. That is why I get so angry when special interest groups have the nerve to try and highjack the movement and equate it with sexual preference or illegal immigration issues.

Great post!

Old 12-18-2011, 04:38 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
I assume that Gay activist groups will discourage Gay homeless people from accepting charity from the Salvation Army.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:29 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I don't really care who gays boycott. I'm not gay and I don't care.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Ah, so being Republicans we don't know what we're talking about. Now I see the light, thank you for helping me understand.
I'm supposed to be tolerant of gay marriage, but you can't be tolerant of Republicans.
Have you ever listened to a Republican for longer than five minutes? I mean, "tolerance?" Hell, can you blame me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies