Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2011, 07:06 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
So then you would favor "Complete" repeal of the Bush tax cuts I assume.. Then the issue is undone.... Works for me.
But.... the job creators. What of them? They never got the tax cuts to the same extent they did but if we were to let their taxes go up, they won't have enough money to hire people (or, in your case, "equipment"... demand be damned).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 07:13 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Taxing the rich can't hurt. Might as well give it a try and see. It hasn't killed me to pay taxes and if it kills them then maybe they weren't meant to be rich.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:21 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Taxing the rich can't hurt. Might as well give it a try and see. It hasn't killed me to pay taxes and if it kills them then maybe they weren't meant to be rich.

So does that mean your willing to give up your tax cut too?

Old 12-20-2011, 07:23 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
If only it were that simple. Some people just can't see the forest through the trees... Raising taxes on the rich also raises taxes and other costs on the middle class. And those folks are the ones who can least afford it.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:46 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
If only it were that simple. Some people just can't see the forest through the trees... Raising taxes on the rich also raises taxes and other costs on the middle class. And those folks are the ones who can least afford it.
So, you're saying that if you make rich people pay their fair share in taxes, that I will pay "higher costs". Please, explain how that would be. I don't believe Joe Blow who owns the mom and pop hardware store in town is going to have his taxes raised, because I seriously doubt he is a millionaire. I'm talking about raising rates on CEO's pulling in billions a year...how and why would that cost me money?

Old 12-20-2011, 07:50 AM

The bottom line is you will not see taxes increase on them without having to give up your own. Most ( almost all for those who dont understand the definition) taxpayers are not willing to give up their own.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:52 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
The rich and, to some extent, the middle class were doing fairly well under Clinton rates. That hasn't been the case under the Bush rates.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:56 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
So does that mean your willing to give up your tax cut too?
Yep, have done it for years. I imagine you have as well. I am a small business owner, none of this crap helps me out. As a matter of fact none of the business cuts ever apply to small business. I was looking forward to a change in the attitude of how we treat large companies compared to small businesses in this country but it looks like we are stuck in the wonderland that big business is just too large to let fall. It's too bad, it isn't real, it's all hype.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:56 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:

When did we stop taxing the rich? Last time I checked they paid most of the FIT.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:57 AM

So how did you give up your bushama tax cuts? Do you voluntarily pay more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies