Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2011, 09:32 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times

Advertisements

There are always economic outlyers that are irrelevant to the rest of us. Good for her but irrelevant to the discussion of debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 09:33 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I don't see any but the extremists presenting extreme measures and ignoring such facts that Krugman recognizes.
Krugman is not a legitimate economist... he is a shill, paid for that too...

He closed down his blog comments section, because he was getting OWNED , lol

Old 12-19-2011, 09:35 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,478,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Well, let us then apply your solution to debt problem by using that solution to your personal debt problem. How about this... put 10% of every dollar you spend on necessities against your debt? And would you vie for increasing your income as well?

Outside of a mortgage , I have very little debt. CC cards that get paid in full within a week of receiving them. My company does have 1 truck payment , but it is quite small. Equal to my electric bill.
If I needed t increse my income I would chooses to obtain additional work in the wintertime.

Im not saying we dont have to increse taxes , but untill we stop spending $177 million a day in Vietghanistan , they can pound sand before they get anymore money from me.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:36 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
LOL Krugman is not a serious economist. He is a shill for Keynesian Failure.
I do note you have not addressed a single point that he made. In addition, for "not a serious economist" he has been 100% correct in his economic predictions for years.

Oh, one doesn't win the Nobel Prize in Economics being not a serious economist.
Quote:

I post there all the time. However, the posts are monitored because of trolls.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:37 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,517,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
You are correct, people will not move. They will just move their money.
If taxes are so high, why haven't they done that already? Moving the top bracket up a few percentage points is going to suddenly cause people to do this? Sounds like it's not as easy as you think.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
You folks are always so certain that the government will allow citizens to move either themselves of their money. If necessary, and it is rapidly becoming so, our government will prevent citizens from moving overseas, initially by rescinding citizenship, or their money by confiscatory taxes on profits made overseas even, or especially, if those profits are invested overseas.

We need to return manufacturing and investment to this country by the proper use of taxes, tariffs and import controls.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:38 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,517,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I do note you have not addressed a single point that he made. In addition, for "not a serious economist" he has been 100% correct in his economic predictions for years.

Oh, one doesn't win the Nobel Prize in Economics being not a serious economist.
The Limbaugh Letter doesn't say WHY Krugman isn't a serious economist, just that he isn't.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:39 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,478,526 times
They havnt done it because at the rates now its not worth it. Where does it become worth it? Im not sure where that number would be . What does the laffer curve have that number at?

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:

Please respond only if you have something logical at hand. Emotional posts, such as above, only waste time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Outside of a mortgage , I have very little debt. CC cards that get paid in full within a week of receiving them. My company does have 1 truck payment , but it is quite small. Equal to my electric bill.
If I needed t increse my income I would chooses to obtain additional work in the wintertime.

Im not saying we dont have to increse taxes , but untill we stop spending $177 million a day in Vietghanistan , they can pound sand before they get anymore money from me.
If you hate money being spent on such adventures as Afghanistan and Iraq, be vocal about being opposed to them BEFORE they are taken up. In fact, be vocal about foreign policies that ultimately necessitate such idiocy as having to invade another country. Don't blame after the fact, while ignoring the reality that once you create a mess, you better be prepared to clean up.

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I volunteer at a local shelter 2x's a month and adopted a local family for christmas, thanks for asking. Education is vital in today's economy, and obviously you agree or you wouldn't have put your children in private schools.

Tax rates for the wealthy (over 1,000,000/yr) need to be raised. Period. And no more fancy accountants hiding their income for them. And sir, if you make over a mill a year, then yes, your taxes should be raised.
and yes madam, I will increase my prices enough to offset the additional tax and the added revenue for that tax.... Enjoy paying more.......Have a nice day.

Incidently, I appreciate your volunteer work. You are to be commended for it. THIS is the kind of charity this country needs, not federal hand outs.

Last edited by freightshaker; 12-19-2011 at 09:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies