Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 04:06 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,162,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Amen but it would be nicer if you preach that to your conservative/republican friends as they are desperately in need of that reality check.
Christians do not practice any self-examination. That phrase (to which you responded) applies to everyone else, but not to christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 04:06 PM

1,731 posts, read 4,676,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
I've heard the kids in New York "Leroy" in honor of their hero, Leroy from the 70's show Fame.

Ok. That is just too funny. Love me some Leroy. But one small thing.... the show was done in the 80's, not the 70's. I just turned 40 last week and remember it very clearly. I was obsessed with the show and even had the records lol. Still, you get a rep from me for cracking me up.

As for Timmy boy? I stand by my original opinion and that is that all I care about is that he win football games and look oh so hot doing it. If I were 20 years younger.....

Old 12-18-2011, 04:09 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,563,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAcid View Post
So in other words, you're not a Christian. But you're going to tell other Christians exactly what they're doing wrong that makes them not a Christian?

Sounds like a Christian to me.

You mean other people who falsely claim to be Christians? The bible is there for all to read, sinners and non-sinners alike. There is only one definition for a true Christian and it is written in the scriptures. Christianity is not what you want it to be or what people on Fox News or talk radio tell you it is. The scriptures is the ultimate authority on what it means to be a Christian. Based on the scriptures, what Tebow is doing is un-Christian. If you have an issue with that, take it up with God. I did not write the bible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
The hate on against Tim Tebow is astounding. The man lives in the United States and is free to express his faith. Move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
The OP hates Christians and Conservatives, he thinks he's getting a twofer here.
I hate hypocrites who falsely claim to be Christians. A true Christian is a blessing on earth. The nicest, humblest, most loving person you will ever find. There are few true Christians in the world. I doubt there is any in the GOP.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:11 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,851,659 times
Leroy is an American treasure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Ok. That is just too funny. Love me some Leroy. But one small thing.... the show was done in the 80's, not the 70's. I just turned 40 last week and remember it very clearly. I was obsessed with the show and even had the records lol. Still, you get a rep from me for cracking me up.

As for Timmy boy? I stand by my original opinion and that is that all I care about is that he win football games and look oh so hot doing it. If I were 20 years younger.....

Old 12-18-2011, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Get back to me when you can document the actions of spiritually bankrupt Democrats as being any more in keeping with scriptural teachings than those of spiritually bankrupt Republicans.

I keep hoping that one day people will wake up and realize their chosen political parties have no allegiance to the well being of their supporters other than the easily ignored promises they make during their campaigns. Your threads as well as those of the more vocal Republican and Democrat fanboys are a sad wake up call to the fallacy of my hopes.

Attempting to use religion for political gain is deceitful, wrong, and disrespectful no matter who is attempting to pervert religion to support their purposes.
I agree with that. Some liberals are equally guilty of perverting the Gospel as conservatives. However, conservatives seem to do it more as they use Christianity as a political tool even while living very sinful lives.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:18 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,004,781 times
Quote:
I agree with that. Some liberals are equally guilty of perverting the Gospel as conservatives. However, conservatives seem to do it more as they use Christianity as a political tool even while living very sinful lives.
More or less is largely irrelevant. Neither mainstream party is innocent with regard to their demonstrated willingness to pervert Christianity to further their own advancement. Attempting to claim a moral high ground based on the perceived amount of abuse does nothing to lessen the fact that both parties will use whatever leverage they can to further their gains.

If you truly take issue with the perversion of religion for political gain you would not direct your criticism at either party. You'd condemn the actions as a whole.

When all is said and done would you rather be known for basing your objections on principle or partisanship?

Old 12-18-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Christians do not practice any self-examination. That phrase (to which you responded) applies to everyone else, but not to christians.
That's not true. I notice that many liberals are ignorant of what Christianity is all about. Don't let the right-wing hypocrites cloud your mind of what Christianity is. The scriptures say:

Quote:
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves.
2 Corinthians 13:5

Anyone who claims to be a Christian but is not doing that, is not a true Christian.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:23 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,851,659 times
Was Leroy religious?

Quote:
That's not true. I notice that many liberals are ignorant of what Christianity is all about. Don't let the right-wing hypocrites cloud your mind of what Christianity is. The scriptures say:

2 Corinthians 13:5

Anyone who claims to be a Christian but is not doing that, is not a true Christian.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:29 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,398,500 times
Back on topic. Keep doing your thing Tebow. It's your right as an American ciitizen.

Old 12-18-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Back on topic. Keep doing your thing Tebow. It's your right as an American ciitizen.
I agree it's within his rights as an American citizen... but it is not a Christian thing to do according to the scriptures. That was my point from day one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies