Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 07:53 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,133,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The Moynihan Report was issued in '65 that is 46 years ago rounded up is 50 years. Oh well in 50 years the Black rate has more than tripled, the white rate even more. Still most Black children are born illegitimate and most white kids are not. These are the facts today.
Ok...these are the facts.

Now what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 07:55 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,203,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Yep and can't be bothered with facts or logical or moral consistency.
Since you agree with Eddie, I'm assuming that you can point to where anyone in this thread has said this isn't a problem. Can you do that?

I'm now reached an "OK...so now what?" point. OK, there's a problem. What's your SOLUTION? Complaining about a problem on a message board won't do anything at all.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:55 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,620,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And you refuse to go ask the people that can give you the answers that you so desperately seek. You already know that CD isn't the place to get the answer, so why come here and ask? I don't ask questions on message boards that i can get elsewhere.

I may need a new line, but you need a new method...and some guts would help too.

And the "again you continue to refuse the obvious" line is worn out too. I'm not refusing anything. Hell, i don't even know what you're talking about (not that you do either).
I didn't ask any questions. I just provided the answers you and Choc refuse to accept. Again your slip is showing. Go back and reread my posts if "you have the guts"

Old 12-18-2011, 07:57 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,386,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Nope...you're clearly clueless about this subject, basing all of your opinions off of YouTube.

Will you ever answer my question regarding your remedy for the black community? Are you doing your part?
I can only live my life by living up to the standards I hope to see dominate in the Black community one day. I think I do that well enough but there definitely is room for improvement.

Frankly I think the problem is with Black adults not acting like adults. These kids really are not exposed to Black males and females acting like positive, productive adults. I rarely blame black kids because look who they have to look up to.

As far as volunteering and the like. Although I've done some of that in the past, I don't think it has much of an impact as I suspect you think it does. You help these kids with their work for an hour or two and then it's back home to God knows what.

Old 12-18-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I didn't ask any questions. I just provided the answers you and Choc refuse accept. Again your slip is showing. Go back and reread my posts if "you have the guts"
You showed nothing and I'm now convinced that you lack anything of real substance to add to this conversation. At this point, your goal seems to be to argue for argument's sake.

You're in way over your head on this topic. The more you persist, the more you show this to be true.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:02 PM

288 posts, read 282,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I would say, that "Black Manhood" is not racist towards tall, blonde, women. As a matter of fact, I have dated many black men, and enjoyed it very much. Black women are pretty mean to black men, usually putting down a nice guy who works at "Target" as not good enough, they are quite ruthless in wanting a "top shelf guy" and expecting to be showered with expensive gifts. A nice black guy does not have a chance with black women.

That's not true about all black women. I will say this there are some black men out there that mistreats black women too, so it goes both ways. What you just said is so typical for a white woman to say without knowing everything thats going on..

Old 12-18-2011, 08:03 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,133,295 times
Quote:
I didn't ask any questions. I just provided the answers you and Choc refuse accept. Again your slip is showing. Go back and reread my posts if "you have the guts"
I haven't refused to do anything. I'm a black man...you CAN'T...or shall i say, it is physically impossible for you to tell me anything about black people that i don't already know. Please, stop flattering yourself. You're not plugged in as much as you think you are. Or better yet, you aren't plugged in at all. The most you can do is cite cold facts and stats. Anything beyond that is a complete enigma to you. So you're in no position to lecture me about anything "black."

Now again...the question is simple, and so is the answer: if you have a question to ask black men about the job they're doing, why not go directly to them and ask them yourself instead of asking folks on C-D where no answers will be provided to your satisfaction?

If you can't handle the question, then just say so. Your stock isn't going to drop with me because of this admission. I know a sucker when i spot one....the fork is already in you. It's simple...are you going to ask them or not?

Old 12-18-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I can only live my life by living up to the standards I hope to see dominate in the Black community one day. I think I do that well enough but there definitely is room for improvement.

Frankly I think the problem is with Black adults not acting like adults. These kids really are not exposed to Black males and females acting like positive, productive adults. I rarely blame black kids because look who they have to look up to.

As far as volunteering and the like. Although I've done some of that in the past, I don't think it has much of an impact as I suspect you think it does. You help these kids with their work for an hour or two and then it's back home to God knows what.
Well, my question was in response to BullDog's remedy for black women to date white men, so this didn't apply to you.

re: Black adults acting like kids. OK, where do you think this behavior was learned? As an adolescent, watching irresponsible adults around them. At this point, the adults are probably a lost cause. So what do you do? Focus your energy on the next crop of youth growing up in this toxic environment. You say you don't blame the kids, but your posting history proves otherwise.

re: volunteering. While I don't believe that you ever have, I'll play along. What you're saying is that you basically gave up. Right? Just like the fathers in these kids' life? So, you are deeply critical about the bad path that many youths are going down, but you lack commitment to really do anything about it. Do you think this is going to magically turn around?

As you said, black kids need positive role models. You will either step up and be one, or you won't. But if you won't/don't, then you have very little room to criticize and/or point fingers. It's really quite disgraceful if you do.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:04 PM

22,634 posts, read 14,910,268 times
Quote:
Destruction of the Nuclear Black Family. It's that simple.

Thank a liberal for that.
Yeah. Right.

Blame liberals for everything.

Adolph Hitler tried to do the same thing to the Jews.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:04 PM

785 posts, read 618,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Since you agree with Eddie, I'm assuming that you can point to where anyone in this thread has said this isn't a problem. Can you do that?

I'm now reached an "OK...so now what?" point. OK, there's a problem. What's your SOLUTION? Complaining about a problem on a message board won't do anything at all.
Actually what I agreed with was liberals avoiding direct questions. I figured that was easy to understand, but then again, maybe not to some. Such as yourself. Or, maybe, you are trying to project upon me an argument I wasn't making?

As evidence of this, and devastating to your post to me, is that the poster I asked to back up their assertion still has not done so.

Thanks for playing again, though, Choclot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies