Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 08:05 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I can only live my life by living up to the standards I hope to see dominate in the Black community one day. I think I do that well enough but there definitely is room for improvement.

Frankly I think the problem is with Black adults not acting like adults. These kids really are not exposed to Black males and females acting like positive, productive adults. I rarely blame black kids because look who they have to look up to.

As far as volunteering and the like. Although I've done some of that in the past, I don't think it has much of an impact as I suspect you think it does. You help these kids with their work for an hour or two and then it's back home to God knows what.
So if it's as hopeless as you make it out to be, then what's the point of all this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 08:07 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
You showed nothing and I'm now convinced that you lack anything of real substance to add to this conversation. At this point, your goal seems to be to argue for argument's sake.

You're in way over your head on this topic. The more you persist, the more you show this to be true.
I showed you everything you need to understand. Your conviction to refuse the answers provided is the only problem.

The sociological blinders that you have on only seek to reinforce your entrenched position to deny the validity of the information in my posts.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:07 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
Actually what I agreed with was liberals avoiding direct questions. I figured that was easy to understand, but then again, maybe not to some. Such as yourself. Or, maybe, you are trying to project upon me an argument I wasn't making?

As evidence of this, and devastating to your post to me, is that the poster I asked to back up their assertion still has not done so.

Thanks for playing again, though, Choclot.
Eddie's post had nothing to do with liberals. Perhaps follow that string of conversation again and get back to me?

Old 12-18-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I showed you everything you need to understand. Your conviction to refuse the answers provided is the only problem.

The sociological blinders that you have on only seek to reinforce your entrenched position to deny the validity of the information in my posts.
Like I said, in over your head. White guy telling me how it is to be black and the problems that plague black people. I've been black for 31 years and have taken several AA History courses, but hey you saw some YouTube videos, so you obviously know more.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:10 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So if it's as hopeless as you make it out to be, then what's the point of all this?
I actually do think it's hopeless, like a drug addict getting clean, the addict has to want it or it is not going to happen.

From what I see on this board, hear on Black talk radio, and elsewhere the Black community really doesn't believe there is a problem. So nothing will ever change, I had faint hope Obama's election would cause some internal changes but that was short-lived.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:11 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Eddie's had absolutely nothing to do with liberals. Perhaps follow that string of conversation again and get back to me?
Liberals and Blacks are interchangeable.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:16 PM

Quote:
I actually do think it's hopeless, like a drug addict getting clean, the addict has to want it or it is not going to happen.

From what I see on this board, hear on Black talk radio, and elsewhere the Black community really doesn't believe there is a problem. So nothing will ever change, I had faint hope Obama's election would cause some internal changes but that was short-lived.
Well, there you go. You don't think there's a solution. So why are you bothering with all this?

When I see a crackhead, I don't get all pissed and I don't feel the need to post about them. Why do the problems among blacks vex you so much?

Do you think that kids growing up in a toxic environment want to? I'm sure most of them don't, but what is the solution? They need active role models in their lives to show them that there is another way. Otherwise, they will get comfortable with achieving the bare minimum and the cycle will continue. Again, either BE the change you want to see happen or stay out of the conversation entirely.

And you have yet to point out where any black person on C-D, let alone talk radio, etc, has said there is no problem. Can you prove this statement? Again, why do you lie?

Old 12-18-2011, 08:18 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Like I said, in over your head. White guy telling me how it is to be black and the problems that plague black people. I've been black for 31 years and have taken several AA History courses, but hey you saw some YouTube videos, so you obviously know more.
No reason to guild your lily. You have nothing to prove to me. Nice of you to assume I'm white though, another example of the filters through which you see life.

LOL

All is not always what it appears to be.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:

I know you think it's hopeless. You'd think that regardless...even if it WASN'T hopeless.

But my point is: what's the point then? If it's so bad in the black community, and there is no hope of a change, then what's the sense of bothering with it? Hell, why even bother to discuss it?

Old 12-18-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Liberals and Blacks are interchangeable.
Democrats and blacks are interchangeable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies