Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 04:59 AM

943 posts, read 782,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
For some reason I see a big FAIL coming on. A lot of words to say nothing. Race relations in the U.S. between blacks and whites are 400 years old. Obama who, btw, is bi-racial, has been an adult for less than 30 years. Jesus Christ was an adult for maybe half that time and He got a lot done during His time on Earth but... sheesh... cut an ordinary guy some slack couldja?

H
Brilliant post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 08:34 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So you don't care about whether a president moves us away from, or towards increased racial division and hostility? I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of Americans do.
Whatever "racial division or hostility" you think Obama is moving us towards was there all along. His election may have brought it more out in the open for these few years that he serves---which is probably a good thing in the long run---but when this period of time is viewed as history there will no doubt that electing the first black president moved us toward less racial division and hostility. It doesn't matter if you view him as a good or a bad president, the glass ceiling is broken and there is a whole generation of little kids out there who will grow up differently---in a very good way---because of that achievement alone.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:54 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet_ohara View Post
Back in 2007 I saw him as race neutral. Gradually his base used his skin color as both a tool and a weapon. I saw him putting forth effort to remain race neutral until his base successfully pulled him back down into the barrel to some degree beginning in the spring of 2008.

It was a disappointing and unfortunate waste. He couldn't fight his entire base or the majority of it on this skin color platform; he would lose their support and thus, the election.
That is more or less true.

Obama himself could care less about skin color. He does play some ethnic politics with Hispanics, but almost any politician would do the same. Bush campaigned in Spanish.

It is really everyone else, particularly white liberals, who have lost their minds and are in Year 4 of a racial orgasmatron. It was the Clintons, Biden, and Reid who initially made a big deal out of Obama's race. McCain never mentioned it. And we still hear "narratives" on how the true racist came out. Well, it was Obama who won handily and I for one noted no Klan rallies let alone attacks.

And its white liberal idiots who react to any criticism of the man with the race card. Real scholarly, that is.

So come one. If race does not matter- and it reallly does not matter- then start behaving like it does not. Stop highlighting it.

As for his legacy, from here on, a black mother can, with all due seriousness, tell her son or daughter that if they work hard they can do anything, even become the President of the United States of America, the most powerful and prestigious job in the universe.

Not bad. White liberals, however, seem completely oblivious to that. And that is kinda pathetic.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:03 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
That is more or less true.

Obama himself could care less about skin color. He does play some ethnic politics with Hispanics, but almost any politician would do the same. Bush campaigned in Spanish.

It is really everyone else, particularly white liberals, who have lost their minds and are in Year 4 of a racial orgasmatron. It was the Clintons, Biden, and Reid who initially made a big deal out of Obama's race. McCain never mentioned it. And we still hear "narratives" on how the true racist came out. Well, it was Obama who won handily and I for one noted no Klan rallies let alone attacks.

And its white liberal idiots who react to any criticism of the man with the race card. Real scholarly, that is.

So come one. If race does not matter- and it reallly does not matter- then start behaving like it does not. Stop highlighting it.

As for his legacy, from here on, a black mother can, with all due seriousness, tell her son or daughter that if they work hard they can do anything, even become the President of the United States of America, the most powerful and prestigious job in the universe.

Not bad. White liberals, however, seem completely oblivious to that. And that is kinda pathetic.
I'm the white liberal who posted just above your post. Do I seem "completely oblivious" to his legacy as you stated it to be in your post? Maybe you missed the part where I said: "The glass ceiling is broken and there is a whole generation of little kids out there who will grow up differently---in a very good way---because of that achievement alone."

Old 12-21-2011, 09:26 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I'm the white liberal who posted just above your post. Do I seem "completely oblivious" to his legacy as you stated it to be in your post? Maybe you missed the part where I said: "The glass ceiling is broken and there is a whole generation of little kids out there who will grow up differently---in a very good way---because of that achievement alone."
Don't flatter yourself. I was not referencing your post.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:56 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
obama has set race relations back at least 100 years...
Now this is just dumb!

Old 12-21-2011, 10:06 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So you don't care about whether a president moves us away from, or towards increased racial division and hostility? I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of Americans do.

No I don't care because I don't think that this is an issue at all. I think it is more of an issue to some prejudiced or racist individuals who do not like the president and want to blame him for their own prejudices.

What specifically has this president done to increase racial hostility? Nothing at all.

Just like W didn't and just like Clinton didn't and just like Bush Sr. didn't and just like Reagan didn't.

Those who see this as something that the president can have a "legacy" on are people who are prejudice.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:08 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Who can forget Oblama's leap to conclude that the white cop "acted stupidly"? Oblama has set race relations back 50 years, but he couldn't have done it without help from his buddies on the left.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:12 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
sharpton, jackson and the rest of the black community didn't feel as though obama was black enough.....that's why hillary had 90% of their support.

That all changed the day after the rev wright video came out.

They then realized that yes, obama was black enough.

Besides, the quote "my grandmother was a, um, ah, um, typical uh, white um, woman." REALLY solidified his support by blacks.

Don't just criticize what i say, prove me wrong.

If you think I'm wrong, show me another reason that black support went to him.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:20 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Who can forget Oblama's leap to conclude that the white cop "acted stupidly"? Oblama has set race relations back 50 years, but he couldn't have done it without help from his buddies on the left.
The cop arrested Obama's friend, a 71 year old Harvard Professor in his own home on charges of breaking and entering. What the hell did you expect Obama to say. I can only assume you wouldn't defend your own friend in a simliar situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies