U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 09:31 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,021,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Thats not fringe all those things I listed are main stream conservative thoughts and you even proved it.
How did I prove that? By thinking that OJ is guilty? And no matter how many times you repeat your OPINION on what most conservatives believe, it will never make it fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
And it's tragic that after reading the Kwanzaa thread that you still have no clue why people would speak out against it.
I realize why someone would speak out against it, I just don't understand why people care. If you don't like it, don't celebrate it. I personally don't care what other people believe as they have the freedom to do so, but I don't like it when people attack my beliefs and refuse to do the same to others. As long as it's not harming anyone, people can and should have the right to believe whatever they want.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:36 AM

3,384 posts, read 3,939,991 times
Quote:
I was being sarcastic as that same group of people would look down their noses at that kid in person and most were there to be seen by others there not to help the poor. Give hime a gift and a plate but not a bit of fair game.
I know you were which is why I wrote thanks for noticing. I think you more than likely choose to see things as the "glass is half empty" rather than all the good that is done. Perfect? Nope, but then again, no one is and I don't recall anyone saying conservatives were.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:04 AM

17,497 posts, read 9,922,441 times
Quote:
I was being sarcastic as that same group of people would look down their noses at that kid in person and most were there to be seen by others there not to help the poor. Give hime a gift and a plate but not a bit of fair game.
In what???

Old 12-21-2011, 11:26 AM

8,740 posts, read 5,245,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Actually, I prefer the traditional Jewish Christmas of Chinese food and a movie (in the theater).

And clearly you all missed the point of this thread, which was in response to the Kwanzaa thread... doesn't feel good when YOUR holiday is questioned and ridiculed, does it? Not that two wrongs make a right, but the motive behind this one is obvious - to some of us, at least.
The OP's article has some very definitive evidence as to the motive and source of this attack on Christianity, disguised as an attack on Christmas.

"Christmas celebrates the birth of the Christian god who came to rescue mankind from the “curse of the Torah.” It is a 24-hour declaration that Judaism is no longer valid.

Christmas is a lie. There is no Christian church with a tradition that Jesus was really born on December 25th.

December 25 is a day on which Jews have been shamed, tortured, and murdered.

Many of the most popular Christmas customs – including Christmas trees, mistletoe, Christmas presents, and Santa Claus – are modern incarnations of the most depraved pagan rituals ever practiced on earth."

Of course, there is a strong likelihood that I'll be accused of antisemitism for simply pointing out this rather obvious evidence, because in a world dominated by double think, pointing out another's bigotry or zealousness is an act of bigotry. Very convenient for the bigots, if they can get away with it.

The truth is, this Jewish attack on Christianity is born of gross misinterpretations of scriptures pitting Christianity as the enemy of Judaism,which places no unique status to Christianity in that regard, since everything not Judaism is viewed as the enemy of Judaism. This zealousness is fomented by the modern day Pharisees purposely creating those tensions.

The foundation of this comes from the false "Curse of the Torah" position of some Jewish scholars claiming that Christianity attempts to invalidate Jews and Judaism, which would obviously create some tensions and negative reactions. But it's a fraud perpetrated by those wishing to foment hatred and strife though a conflict that really doesn't exist.

The reality is, there are some "New Testament" passages (I'm not a Biblical scholar, therefore I have none of these things committed to memory) which refer to Jesus as offering freedom from the "Curse of the Law" ... with the obvious association being made between the "Law" as God's Law contained in the Torah (Old Testament), which is then simply associated as Jesus claiming to free people from the "Curse of the Torah". And for the simple minded who seem to enjoy conflict, this offers an opportunity for hate, and those so inclined will allow no such opportunity to pass without capitalizing on it.

However, the explanation of this put forth by those more interested in common cooperation and good relations have an entirely different take, and one that seems to make a lot more sense. And it goes like this:

The Torah or Old Testament contained instructions or commandments for living by God's Laws, and also punishments (or curses) for those who break those laws. And as I recall, there are "Hundreds" of these laws contained in the Torah .... not just the 10 Commandments that us non-Biblical scholar laymen types are familiar with.

So, later on, along comes Jesus, and according to the New Testament, Jesus represents redemption for man's sins (breaking of God's Laws as outlined in the Torah) ... kinda like a fresh slate .... forgiveness of past sin and admonishments to start behaving better, following a more simplified set of rules, primarily focused on accepting Jesus as mankind's savior from the curses (punishments) set forth in the Torah. So, Jesus and Christianity are not declaring the Torah a curse .... but simply a path for redeeming oneself from the punishments for transgressions of God's Laws, which were absent from the Torah. The Torah offered no means of redemption .. you either followed the Laws (every one of them, which is next to impossible for human beings) or you suffered the consequences, which happened to be pretty damned harsh and unforgiving and long lasting, i.e. eternity. Once you violated the law, there was no path for making amends .. you were totally up the creek without a paddle. Rather than invalidating Judaism or declaring the Old Testament (Torah) a curse ... Jesus just offered a paddle .... a path for redemption to avoid an eternity of damnation for any transgression of "God's Laws".

No where can it be found that Jesus suggested that God's Laws were invalid, or that the Torah itself was a curse .... just that there would be a means for making amends when one broke God's laws, and avoiding the eternal "curse" or punishment for so doing ... like being remorseful and asking for forgiveness.

Now, I'm just explaining all of this, and this is not to be misconstrued as representing my personal beliefs.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:04 PM

17,497 posts, read 9,922,441 times
ray charles spirit of christmas - Bing Videos

His message is simple, to bad people think motives are otherwise.........

Old 12-21-2011, 01:11 PM

44,926 posts, read 26,604,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Then don't celebrate it, see how simple that is.
Finally something I had to rep you for. Congratulations.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:12 PM

44,926 posts, read 26,604,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
OJ did it
A jury of his peers didn't agree with you. I guess you don't believe in our system of laws, do you?

Old 12-21-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
A jury of his peers didn't agree with you. I guess you don't believe in our system of laws, do you?
I don't believe our justice system is infallible, and I believe in this case they were wrong. He was found guilty in the civil suit however.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:40 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,074,697 times
Look live and let live, and mine own business. Too many nosy noses.

To those that celebrate this Holiday Season, enjoy your time with family and friends. To those that don't fine, but leave the people who do alone.

Christmas is many things, to different people, but thee meaning is the same for most. Those that think Christmas is a joke fine, but we wish to celebrate it and the way of tradition from our families, from past to present, don't like it tough!

Infact to all who celebrate Christams, have the most Wonderful, Happiest Christmas, ever and the most wonderful of New Years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies