Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 12:21 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
That's fear talking, shy. Knock that off and embrace success.
As soon as you list the success which is taking place. you've been asked but wont answer.. Just continue to babble and no one will take you seriously.. ok, they dont already, but who's counting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 12:22 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,641,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyronnie View Post
Sometimes fear is based on truth. Its a survival instinct. ignore it, And you deserve what you get.
Look, Obama can lead you to the river, but you have to cross that river yourself. If you're ready to enter into the promised land, do it. Leave your fears behind. Otherwise, live as an epic fail. The choice is yours.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:27 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Chuck brought it up, pg. Not me. Do try to follow the discussion if you are going to participate. And yes, they pretty much always fast track yes men. Remember that corny Jim Carrey movie "Yes Man"? That's pretty much me. I believe in yes, yes, yes. Just say yes to Obama's success. You'll be glad you did.

This is the thing that I find both confusing and amusing. Do liberals really think that the last three years has been a success? Why then are there millions of unemployed, with real unemployment nearing 21%, wages declining, foreclosures still up, and manufacturing leaving?

If this is liberal success, I think it explains alot. Most of us would call that a dismal failure. Liberals would call that a dismal failure as well, if a republican was in the White House. Remember that liberals called Bush an "economic failure" despire having unemployment at half of that currently and half the federal debt. Keeping with liberal logic, that would make Obama four fold the failure of Bush, given that he has performed these "triumphs" in half the time.

PS- The rest of the nation is not as easily conned as liberals. Barry will be gone by 2013.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:28 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,402 times
I dont fear the guy, I just don't feel he has been an effective leader. He tries to legislate from a distance and doesn't seem to want to jump in and get his hands dirty. I had hopes for him after Bush's poor tenure at the country's helm, but began to have serious doubts about the way he let Reid and Pelossi take the lead on Healthcare reform, and just seemed to chime in his support from the sidelines. As such, I think we got a poor piece of legislation that didn't fix the root cause of the healthcare problems in this country, and was written more by and for lobbyist than anything else. Unfortunately, that set the tone for the rest of his presidency.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
This is the thing that I find both confusing and amusing. Do liberals really think that the last three years has been a success? Why then are there millions of unemployed, with real unemployment nearing 21%, wages declining, foreclosures still up, and manufacturing leaving?

If this is liberal success, I think it explains alot. Most of us would call that a dismal failure. Liberals would call that a dismal failure as well, if a republican was in the White House. Remember that liberals called Bush an "economic failure" despire having unemployment at half of that currently and half the federal debt. Keeping with liberal logic, that would make Obama four fold the failure of Bush, given that he has performed these "triumphs" in half the time.

PS- The rest of the nation is not as easily conned as liberals. Barry will be gone by 2013.
Hawk, why do you hate Obama? It's fear, right? Don't be scared. Embrace success.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:22 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
That's fear talking, shy. Knock that off and embrace success.
Was that sarcasm?

suc·cess/səkˈses/

Noun:
  • The accomplishment of an aim or purpose.
  • The attainment of popularity or profit
I'd say most people are angry rather than fearful. The left is mad because he's either too extreme, or not extreme enough. They are a conflicted group ideologically speaking. The right is mad because he's done exactly what tehy knew he'd do, and more.

Both seem to care about a constitutional government, yet the constitution is being dismantled as quickly and covertly as they can manage it (BY BOTH SIDES)

I'd prefer to embrace my wife, and vote for Paul.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:01 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Since this great man has been inaugurated, Republicans have done nothing but be unreasonable in obstructing this President. What are they afraid of? Could his plans for the country be any worse than the disaster that Republicans represented for 8 horrific years of George Bush? Are they so afraid of the enormous SUCCESS that they know this man can bring, that being unreasonable, petty, trite obstructionists is the only way they can feel relevant?
Republicans are Satan's way of ensuring that his agenda gets accomplished. I mean just look at what Republicans stand for: blocking healthcare for the uninsured, denying rights to minorities, denying food to poor kids in school, empowering the rich and powerful, funding the building of bombs and other weapons of mass destruction instead of funding programs to help average Americans... and a host of other evils.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:05 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
You should change your OP to read why do "people in touch with reality" vs. 'republicans" fail to sing the praises of Obama.

Last edited by pommysmommy; 12-23-2011 at 06:19 PM..

Old 12-23-2011, 06:07 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times
What a croc. There is nothing objective or hard hitting. Its like a pre-pubescent kid suddenly discovered what a thesaurus is, and being none the wiser, started assembling all of the 'neat' words. Go pop a pimple.
Quote:
I'm not A_Lexus, Simple. I just think his threads are hard hitting, objective pieces that expose the evils of Republicanism.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
What a croc. There is nothing objective or hard hitting. Its like a pre-pubescent kid suddenly discovered what a thesaurus is, and being none the wiser, started assembling all of the 'neat' words. Go pop a pimple.
Rude, EF. A_Lexus routinely exposes Republicans as the fools they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies