Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2011, 07:14 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof11 View Post
Maybe we aren't seeing the success that you percieve is happening. Since the big O took office, our income has dropped from 65,000 to under 15,000 and we are losing our house. Granted Obama didn't personally cause all of our problems but when you find yourself in a place you've never been you tend to look around at what changed.... Change... I seem to remember that slogan from somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
But yet you do blame President Obama for your personal shortcomings. Having 11 children with an income of $65k isn't necessarily the smartest thing either.
He didnt blame Obama.. he made an observation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 07:22 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Lightbulb Why do Republicans fear the success that President Obama brings?

Hyperpartisan politics coupled with extreme short-sightedness.

The GOP is not working for the people. They've made that very clear in recent years. They are not at all concerned with the national interest. Their constituency is the one percent.

When they were last in power, their policies brought us two stupidly mismanaged middle east quagmires and the worst economy in seventy five years. They cling to the hope that if they can prolong the recession, enough "low information" voters will direct their anger at the incumbent president instead of them. And, of course, many of their followers are extremely naive when it comes to political realities. They identify with the GOP just like they identify with their favorite NFL team and reject anything that casts a negative light on their fanatsy. You can easily identify them by their posts on this forum. They'll spin themselves into pretzels trying to justify their continued suppport for a party that is screwing them six ways from Sunday.

"The wise man rejects what he thinks, not what he sees.

The fool rejects what he sees, not what he thinks."

Zen proverb

Old 12-24-2011, 07:26 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
He's only now beginning to fight for the middle-class and get aggressive with Republicans, but Obama has had moderate successes, such as health care reform (whether or not you agree with certain aspects of it), tax cuts, increasing trade with Asian countries, increasing our influence with countries in China's vicinity(India, South Korea, Australia), coming to a nuclear stand-down agreement with Russia, and decimating Al Queda's power structure.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:27 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
West, you are a complete and total embarrassment on this board, and I'm really starting to wonder if you are even in the military, much less a senior NCO.

You have been asked many times to show us what this "Success" is, except you fail to do this, all you can do is just say "embrace". Why is this west, is this because you have no clue.....I think so....really.

I would hate to be a Soldier under you...never able to give advice, just say do it.......there is a reason you may or may not be a fast tracker....

A true Senior NCO, the VERY FIRST time asked a question would have come out and blasted everyone with "What Success is", you have failed miserably at just one question....just one west...

I feel sorry for you west, if you are truly a senior NCO, and you make E-9 (god forbid), just by the answers you have given in this one thread, tells me, you will be one of those E-9's who are nothing but useless, only screams...do as I say, not as I do....you'll be just like your mentor obama....I won, you got me...what else do you need...

Have fun west....you have failed, here and you may succeed in the military, but not when you get back in the civilian world....sorry, but the truth hurts west....embrace that...

Old 12-24-2011, 07:38 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times
Why do Republicans fear the success that President Obama brings?

Fear is their way - the only way they know. Fear of science, fear of intelligence, fear of people who don't look, or talk, or dress, or think like them. It's sad, really. SO much effort put into dividing rather than uniting.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post

Fear is their way - the only way they know. Fear of science, fear of intelligence, fear of people who don't look, or talk, or dress, or think like them. It's sad, really. SO much effort put into dividing rather than uniting.
your posting of babbling nonsense didnt at all attempt to divide, did it?

Old 12-24-2011, 08:48 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
West, you are a complete and total embarrassment on this board, and I'm really starting to wonder if you are even in the military, much less a senior NCO.

You have been asked many times to show us what this "Success" is, except you fail to do this, all you can do is just say "embrace". Why is this west, is this because you have no clue.....I think so....really.

I would hate to be a Soldier under you...never able to give advice, just say do it.......there is a reason you may or may not be a fast tracker....

A true Senior NCO, the VERY FIRST time asked a question would have come out and blasted everyone with "What Success is", you have failed miserably at just one question....just one west...

I feel sorry for you west, if you are truly a senior NCO, and you make E-9 (god forbid), just by the answers you have given in this one thread, tells me, you will be one of those E-9's who are nothing but useless, only screams...do as I say, not as I do....you'll be just like your mentor obama....I won, you got me...what else do you need...

Have fun west....you have failed, here and you may succeed in the military, but not when you get back in the civilian world....sorry, but the truth hurts west....embrace that...

I see you have moved out of the denial stage and are now in the anger one... good news chuck, the final stage is acceptance, which is when you will finally embrace the success.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:58 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times

How can anyone fear something that does not exists?

success/ Obama = Oxymoron

Old 12-24-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post

I see you have moved out of the denial stage and are now in the anger one... good news chuck, the final stage is acceptance, which is when you will finally embrace the success.
Still waiting for that list of success you keep rambling on and on about.. Your inability to list them would leave one to conclude
1) They are top secret, and you would need to kill anyone you tell
2) They arent there, and you are just trolling with your nonstop rambling on and on with no facts.

Since murder is illegal, and I doubt you have top secret clearance, this would leave us to come to the conclusion that #2 is correct.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:34 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Still waiting for that list of success you keep rambling on and on about.. Your inability to list them would leave one to conclude
1) They are top secret, and you would need to kill anyone you tell
2) They arent there, and you are just trolling with your nonstop rambling on and on with no facts.

Since murder is illegal, and I doubt you have top secret clearance, this would leave us to come to the conclusion that #2 is correct.
What amazes me, pg, is that this thread has ran near 30 pages, and roughly half of the posts are people saying, "what success." Do you REALLY want me to post the list of Obama's acheivements? Surely you have seen that list? So let's say I post it. You respond, those ain't acheivements! Then I say, yeah huh. And then you say, nuh uh. Stupid.

Obama has acomplished a lot in three years. He has significantly changed health care. He has repealed DADT. He assisted with regime change in Libya without one US casualty. We got Bin Laden. We're out of Iraq. Obama both surged troops in Afghanistan and began the draw down process. He kept the auto industry from collapsing. Most middle class tax payers are paying a lower rate under him than under Bush.

The economy stinks. It was going to stink no matter who was president in 2012-2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies