Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 04:45 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,973,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Now that is an intelligent and well thought out response. Let me ask you- given the experience that Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, and Newt Gingrich have in politics at state and national levels as well as being individuals who started and ran buisnesses (or a medical practice), would you not agree that they have far more experience than Obama did prior to being president?

Given that, you criticize the republican field. However, the three front runners-

1. are more intelligent than Obama
2. have more experience with buisness than Obama
3. have more years of political experience than Obama
4. are actually promoting and offering policies to stimulate the economy
5. are offering rational means to control the debt
6. are actually talking about negotiating fair trade with China

In comparison, ANY ONE of the three republican front runners would be far better than Obama- there is no comparison. Yet because of your blind partisanship, you would prefer to support a proven failure and potentially doom the nation to four more years of incompetence? Perhaps you have forgotten the actual role and purpose of the president.
Hawk, you really need to become more observant about the people that you respond to.
I am not a liberal, I have said that as nauseum here.
Pay attention.
The rest of your post is just the usual blah, blah, blah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 04:47 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,892,402 times
Quote:
I am continually puzzled as to why anyone would continue to praise and support a president who has proven to be an abject failure in all facets of his presidency, to the detriment of the American public. If one was actually concerned with the well being of fellow Americans, one would choose to have a competent president, regardless of party, in the White House. Instead the left chooses to support a petty, divisive, childish partisan, simply because he is a democrat.

One would offer that perhaps a change would be in order, when one has failed so miserably. Imagine had Lincoln stuck with all his failed generals, before arriving upon Grant, who won the war. Perhaps a prudent, logical voter would not accept failure and would seek a successful president. That person is certainly not Obama- he has proven to be terrible.
Any true liberal knows he has been a failure, the liberals here just don't want to lose a message board fight.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:57 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,527,094 times
Oh heck yeah! We have libs in the military community that were shocked awake to the horror in the oval office soon after its inhabitation began. That very, early push to make Veterans pay more of their own healthcare had them enraged, and so the villain backed-off. I'll never forget when some of these vets phoned our home, having voted for him and really pissed about it. (they've since gotten really quiet about the one they helped elect. I can't blame them. We all have ego to deal with.)

Old 12-22-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Oh heck yeah! We have libs in the military community that were shocked awake to the horror in the oval office soon after its inhabitation began. That very, early push to make Veterans pay more of their own healthcare had them enraged, and so the villain backed-off. I'll never forget when some of these vets phoned our home, having voted for him and really pissed about it. (they've since gotten really quiet about the one they helped elect. I can't blame them. We all have ego to deal with.)
Like trimming vets benefits is anything new.
Please.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:23 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,819,899 times
Quote:
I am continually puzzled as to why anyone would continue to praise and support a president who has proven to be an abject failure in all facets of his presidency, to the detriment of the American public. If one was actually concerned with the well being of fellow Americans, one would choose to have a competent president, regardless of party, in the White House. Instead the left chooses to support a petty, divisive, childish partisan, simply because he is a democrat.

One would offer that perhaps a change would be in order, when one has failed so miserably. Imagine had Lincoln stuck with all his failed generals, before arriving upon Grant, who won the war. Perhaps a prudent, logical voter would not accept failure and would seek a successful president. That person is certainly not Obama- he has proven to be terrible.
Humhh...perhaps Liberalism is A Mental Disorder?

Old 12-22-2011, 05:53 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,569,416 times
The simple reason they still support the president dispite his failings is that when they consider the alternative he looks REALLY GREAT.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:59 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,645,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Hawk, you really need to become more observant about the people that you respond to.
I am not a liberal, I have said that as nauseum here.
Pay attention.
The rest of your post is just the usual blah, blah, blah.

Right. Just like Mao was not really a communist.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:03 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,645,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Humhh...perhaps Liberalism is A Mental Disorder?

I would agree. Michael Savage was right about that. Liberals have a higher incidence of mental illness, which is understandable, as thier political beliefs border on self-hate. A rational individual would not support or promote policy which acts to thier own detriment. A liberal, on the other hand, feels perfectly comfortable supporting Obama, a known failure, and thus subjecting themselves to four more years of certain economic misery.

One might offer that liberalism is policital Munchhausen's Syndrome, in which the liberal enjoys self abuse. In that light, thier behavior makes perfect sense.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Right. Just like Mao was not really a communist.
Hmmmmm.........what do you call someone that is an ardent supporter of the 2nd Amendment?
Not a liberal.
2 more guesses.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:11 PM

Quote:
I would agree. Michael Savage was right about that. Liberals have a higher incidence of mental illness, which is understandable, as thier political beliefs border on self-hate. A rational individual would not support or promote policy which acts to thier own detriment. A liberal, on the other hand, feels perfectly comfortable supporting Obama, a known failure, and thus subjecting themselves to four more years of certain economic misery.

One might offer that liberalism is policital Munchhausen's Syndrome, in which the liberal enjoys self abuse. In that light, thier behavior makes perfect sense.
Post up some proof in the form of links, otherwise, its just your opinion, and we all know what opinions are like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies