Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 02:53 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
The House Republicans have conceded defeat and have agreed to pass a two-month extension of the payroll tax cut:

House Republicans Agree To Payroll Deal - - NationalJournal.com

Brief Note:

Another thread on the issue was posted almost simultaneously with mine:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...nders-ptc.html
Cowards!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 02:54 PM

302 posts, read 580,326 times
A 2 month extension is a stupid waste of time. All this did was enable the pres. to show up on TV in two months to call the republicans obstructionists for not passing another 2 months.... meanwhile the country sinks lower and lower. Hopefully NOTOBAMA will win in November.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:55 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yeah, but the only problem is that after the new year, we will be right back here where we started... So this hasn't really substantively resolved anything, just temporarily delayed it.
I look forward to the next big fight. The Democrats have the upper hand on this. The Republican bullies have picked the wrong fight. This may very well cause them the House next year returning the Democrats to a majority in all branches of Government.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:55 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times
So, those stalwart, "conservative" defenders of the faith have backed down and engaged in their favorite game of "kick the can" one more time, huh?

How much longer will reasonably intelligent people continue to support these clowns? They talk the talk of principled conservatism, but walk the walk of following their leaders down the path to economic and social ruin for no other purpose than to try and deny Barack Obama a second term. They're willing to sacrifice you, your future and everything you ever worked for to Get Obama.

Good Lord people....WAKE UP!

Old 12-22-2011, 02:56 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Just wait until the programmers running the payroll systems have to sort this out. It will cost millions.
I'll have multiple PeopleSoft patches to apply to each payroll client I service. It keeps me working.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
To the Moderators - If you will not allow people being called N-gg-r, or any other derogatory term - I think that needs to extend to the Tea-bagger term - since it is based on actions unhealthy and grossly sexual in nature.

There are people who are part of the Tea Party who find it offensive to be referred to with that term.
******* obsessed with balls

Old 12-22-2011, 02:59 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,261,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
No, the lump of coal is that we have to waste the time to go through this all over again in just another 60 days. Way to kick the can down the road yet again. Politics before country is the only thing that is happening in the halls of Congress.

Time to fire Speaker Boehner.
How about republicans stop loading up bills with policy riders? That will help get past gridlock.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
To the Moderators - If you will not allow people being called N-gg-r, or any other derogatory term - I think that needs to extend to the Tea-bagger term - since it is based on actions unhealthy and grossly sexual in nature.

There are people who are part of the Tea Party who find it offensive to be referred to with that term.
Give me a break. Republicans have used far worse words to describe liberals.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
******* obsessed with balls
******* is as offensive to us as Teabagger is as offensive to you. Both sides continue to use the term to describe the other. As long as you guys continue to use the term *******, I reserve my right to use the term Teabagger to describe Republicans and Tea Party people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:04 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yeah..$13/week for 2 months is the holy grail of recovery.
....but it would have been "a catastrophe" according to President Obama, if the payroll tax cut went away. Thank goodness we won this battle in the continuing war on future generations.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies