U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2011, 02:57 PM

8,955 posts, read 17,741,639 times

Advertisements

This opinion piece details how angry, white, southern men co-opted the GOP making the GOP and Washington into a non-functional war zone.

The GOP has been the "party of no" for far to long..........

The Great Republican Crackup: How Angry, White, Southern Men Took Over the GOP and Made Our Government Into a War Zone | Tea Party and the Right | AlterNet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 03:07 PM

6,722 posts, read 4,441,114 times
Time America wakes up to what the teabaggers and gop stand for.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:36 PM

10,115 posts, read 7,009,441 times
Personally, as a R myself, I think it's more of a politicized evangelical christian extremists thing vs. just a southern thing. Look at the R party in Iowa--it's controlled by the tea party/evangelicals and it's gone off the deep end. There are more evangelicals in the south than the north, but wherever you find them they seem to latch on to extreme politics, and here we are.

FYI--before any of you think I'm attacking Christians--I'm a devout Christian myself. Just not an evangelical--I'm mainline protestant.

Last edited by mb1547; 12-22-2011 at 04:46 PM..

Old 12-22-2011, 04:43 PM

4,879 posts, read 3,914,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
This opinion piece details how angry, white, southern men co-opted the GOP making the GOP and Washington into a non-functional war zone.

The GOP has been the "party of no" for far to long..........

The Great Republican Crackup: How Angry, White, Southern Men Took Over the GOP and Made Our Government Into a War Zone | Tea Party and the Right | AlterNet
Everyone has an opinion.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:10 PM

8,151 posts, read 5,622,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
Everyone has an opinion.
Yeah but this one is right I called this about the tea party long ago.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:42 PM

8,955 posts, read 17,741,639 times
Odd how Republican don't want to discuss how their party of choice has been hi-jacked by the neo-con's agenda of NO!

One would think the good Repub's would want to kick the bad Repub's & neo-con's to the curb and take back the party they believe in. Go figure.........

Old 01-14-2012, 03:47 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,628,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Personally, as a R myself, I think it's more of a politicized evangelical christian extremists thing vs. just a southern thing. Look at the R party in Iowa--it's controlled by the tea party/evangelicals and it's gone off the deep end. There are more evangelicals in the south than the north, but wherever you find them they seem to latch on to extreme politics, and here we are.

FYI--before any of you think I'm attacking Christians--I'm a devout Christian myself. Just not an evangelical--I'm mainline protestant.
I think you hit the nail on the head! Out here in the west, we do not like racist or evangelicals. We are not gonna have people telling us how to live out here whether it is Obama trying to choose our doctor the Republicans telling us we can't drink beer on Sunday or gamble. The fact is, as a Republican, I wish these folks would go away and form the "Dixie Jesus" party or something.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:50 PM

2,226 posts, read 1,770,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post

Wow....and I thought you were extinct! Good to know there are a few of you left, can we start a "Save the real Christian, campaign for you? We could use a lot more of you!

Old 01-14-2012, 03:52 PM

22,629 posts, read 11,653,954 times
Yep, given the screw ups of the Republican Party the only thing that keeps them competitive is the screw ups of the Democratic Party, such as abandoning labor in favor of the welfare bum and illegal immigrants.

A Goldwater Republican myself, not many of us left.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:01 PM

2,608 posts, read 1,797,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Odd how Republican don't want to discuss how their party of choice has been hi-jacked by the neo-con's agenda of NO!

One would think the good Repub's would want to kick the bad Repub's & neo-con's to the curb and take back the party they believe in. Go figure.........
Ron Paul is gaining popularity He is the father of the real "Tea Party"

The Neo-cons just picked out the things that suit them and abandoned the rest...

They will be held accountable on election day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies