U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-24-2011, 06:15 AM
 
Location: Tampa Florida
22,243 posts, read 14,528,042 times
Reputation: 4583

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
Umm... who are we hating and oppressing these days?
They are just whining about the plight of Blacks in American. Here's a site that gives a solution....

Poor Black Kid (http://poorblackkid.com/ - broken link)

 
Old 12-24-2011, 08:15 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
19,865 posts, read 18,044,773 times
Reputation: 7944
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
People have a constitutional right to live where they want to live. Most people want to live around people that look like them, that doesn't make them racist.
I disagree. I do think that is racist because obviously those people think other ethnic groups are somehow not as good to be around. People may bring up all kinds of justification for that, but to me it is racist as they decide who to be around based on looks instead of the individual's character.

Last edited by Neuling; 12-24-2011 at 08:48 AM..
 
Old 12-24-2011, 08:22 AM
 
Location: USA - midwest
5,945 posts, read 4,656,848 times
Reputation: 2606
Default Would you care if whites become a minority in America?

The demographics may change, but human nature doesn't.

There will always be the acheivers and the slackers. There will always be the generous and the greedy. There will always be the brave and the cowardly. There will always be the lucid and the deluded.
 
Old 12-24-2011, 08:25 AM
 
10,452 posts, read 10,090,376 times
Reputation: 12495
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why thank you massuh boss suh! I sho is 'preeshative dat you brought us heeeyahh!

These folks, i swear.

Funny how some of you love to forget why you're here too. Your ancestors were living like dogs in Europe....the lowest of the low, which is why you're here.
Lol man, it's amazing how people can manage to turn even slavery into this paternalistic "aww it's good for you" thing. Yep, I know, your ancestors were lashed and raped and starved of opportunities to make it on their own...but it's good for you cause look at the quality of life you get to enjoy today!

 
Old 12-24-2011, 08:32 AM
 
671 posts, read 564,654 times
Reputation: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post

I am tired of the world just trashing Europeans. We gave the world what it has now. The Roman Empire was more advanced and civilized than anything in modern Africa today, and that was thousands of years ago. (Except SA).

People need to speak the truth and stop apologizing.
Amongst the civilized practices of the Roman Empire were ritualized, public violence such as fights to the death in gladiator cages, women without the right to vote, and rampant homosexual behavior. What other civilized practices am I missing because honestly I haven't studied European history? I sincerely doubt that you've investigated even half of the nations in Africa so you are ignorant. However you are still simultaneously arrogant enough to make a blanket statement about something you know nothing about. Another white person living at the intersection of ignorance and arrogance.....more common than not.
 
Old 12-24-2011, 08:33 AM
 
10,452 posts, read 10,090,376 times
Reputation: 12495
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Good lord. Sarcasm/irony is just that. A rhetorical ploy. C'mon, DesertDetroiter. This is not up to your usual standards. I don't go so far as to call us "friends" -- but I do respect your intelligence and posts -- and we agree at least a fourth of the time and and can disagree without all this kinda bullshlit!
Lol I don't know how much you get to call other people's points BS after trying to make out slavery like it was good for the African people.

Someone, please, am I hallucinating? Please tell me I'm hallucinating. Is something wrong with my computer? Good lord.

Quote:
Who is "you"? What is forgotten? I know for a fact most of mine were poor Scots-Irish here by way of slavery in its own right; Indentured servants, maybe. So what is funny and forgotten that I am forgetting?

That is very likely true. See above. But am I supposed to blame those who provided the means for them to get over to the New World because of it? Hell, on the contrary, I am glad they did. Else I might still be digging and scratching dirt for a living.
No one's saying Black people in America were the only ones that were enslaved. But making it out like slave masters made it "better" for those poor Africans is really pushing it...

Quote:
What is your point here? Do you believe you would be bettler off if your own ancestors had not been brought over as slaves? Far as that goes, are you sure that some of your own were not slave-owners themselves?
Don't you realize part of the reason many parts of Africa are struggling today is because they were robbed of their fastest and fittest members, who were stripped from their own lands and shipped over here like sardines? And again, no one said that people of color have never been enslavers, or that white people have never been enslaved, but within the context of American history, slavery was by and large White on Black. Just admit it.
 
Old 12-24-2011, 08:47 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
19,865 posts, read 18,044,773 times
Reputation: 7944
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
This is not true and is just silly.

Use a little common sense...When this country was being built up, what was the ratio of workers?

As far as cotton being a major factor - Not that major. The real economic growth came with industries such as steel, machine making, transportation and constrution of that equipment, building equipment...on and on and on...

So yes, this country was primarily built up through the hard labor of white people.

Slavery was not a great part of the overall economic success.

This is not to under-value the work of black people, they contributed according to their percentage of the population. Though in the past 60 years or so, that is no longer true...And that is because of the people that take advantage of the freebies of social programs...And whites also abuse this.

Over-inflating the contribution of blacks is not going to help them. People start looking closer to the facts because they don't like over abuse of "victimization" - and that leads to exposing and focusing on the negatives.

It is better to give the real facts, and truly letting people have equal existences...As is often pointed out, there is not a group in the world that did not suffer at the hands of others...It's just that most of us don't make it our culture...we move on.

And it is so obvous that the left encourage this self-pity in groups - For their votes and support. But in the end, if they do get into power, the true left socialists end up destroying those very same groups...It's even happening now in Africa - isn't it?

And if you neeed a link for this, do yourself a favor - get off the damned Internet and spend a few days in a real library.
Nah, the agriculture enabled by slavery was a key pillar of the US economy, without it the US would not have become a powerful independent country so early. Much of the information on the Internet is more precise and up-to-date than books in libraries.

There are lots of people who never were the victims of any other groups, neither directly nor indirectly via their ancestors. Europeans for instance.

Usually it is members of those groups, whites in particular, who easily tell others to forget their history Understandably they don't like to take responsibility for the mess their own ancestors created.
 
Old 12-24-2011, 08:48 AM
 
46,554 posts, read 23,926,832 times
Reputation: 14078
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Lol man, it's amazing how people can manage to turn even slavery into this paternalistic "aww it's good for you" thing. Yep, I know, your ancestors were lashed and raped and starved of opportunities to make it on their own...but it's good for you cause look at the quality of life you get to enjoy today!

I know, i know....and the TexasReb is one of the posters i respect and like from the other side, but this paternalistic crap drives me absolutely nuts.

I mean, EVERYONE is here because in their native lands, they're ancestors were not on the bottom of the totem pole, but UNDER the damn thing. But only blacks should be kissing feet and thanking the lord that our ancestors were brought here.
 
Old 12-24-2011, 08:50 AM
 
Location: West Coast of Europe
19,865 posts, read 18,044,773 times
Reputation: 7944
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
The demographics may change, but human nature doesn't.

There will always be the acheivers and the slackers. There will always be the generous and the greedy. There will always be the brave and the cowardly. There will always be the lucid and the deluded.
Only a small percentage of underachievers are slackers. That black and white thinking of yours is inappropriate...
 
Old 12-24-2011, 08:55 AM
 
10,452 posts, read 10,090,376 times
Reputation: 12495
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I know, i know....and the TexasReb is one of the posters i respect and like from the other side, but this paternalistic crap drives me absolutely nuts.

I mean, EVERYONE is here because in their native lands, they're ancestors were not on the bottom of the totem pole, but UNDER the damn thing. But only blacks should be kissing feet and thanking the lord that our ancestors were brought here.

The Impressions - People Get Ready - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:41 PM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top