Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 09:56 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

^^As long as you keep talking about a "tag line", you lack credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 09:59 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,321,588 times
The ACLU stands for Anti-Christian Liberal Ulcers.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:59 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
The ACLU stands for Anti-Christian Liberal Ulcers.
The ACLU often defends Christians in religious freedom cases.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:00 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Yet another hypocrisy of the left.

Rich people are "immoral" and "greedy", women who don't want their child to live are "making a choice".
Is there even a shred of logic in that statement?

Old 12-23-2011, 10:02 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
^^As long as you keep talking about a "tag line", you lack credibility.
Thank you for continuing to prove a point to me

Old 12-23-2011, 10:09 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
I can say, as a guy -
I really don't like the idea of abortion, simply because you got pregnant and it's either inconvenient, or etc etc etc...

With that being said, I also don't think, that unless for some strange reason I am PERSONALLY involved, that it's any of my darned business.

Now, with that out of the way, I can understand why some people would not want to be a part of an abortion taking place because of religious reasons, or personal reasons. I can also understand, if it's part of the job description, then you gotta do what you gotta do.

Isn't part of the reason that people got into medical fields, is to help save lives? Isn't an abortion for convenience, contrary to that idea, that you are helping people, and saving lives?

I am not looking for nasty responses, or accusations bandied about. I think that we as adults can have a serious, open discussion without getting mean about it.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:11 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I am not looking for nasty responses, or accusations bandied about. I think that we as adults can have a serious, open discussion without getting mean about it.
Not when you mention the word "abortion."

Old 12-23-2011, 10:11 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Well I'm kinda in between, so maybe pro-life lite is a good word. I personally do not agree that it can be done SOO late (like 6 months!!). I think the "grace period" to have one should be shorter, when it's merely a blob of cell. But when it has eyes, and feet, and toes, a mouth, legs, finders, hands.....this is a person

I am not religious at all, btw. So this issue has nothing to do with my religious beliefs.

With all of that being said, I always do support ANYone having choices. But there's a difference between "Big Mac or Salad" or "Abort baby or not".

BUT with the topic at hand, yeah.. if you work IN the department that does them, well, it is what you sign up for. If it was in a hospital and every nurse had to be on call... then I think that's a separate issue. At least to me.

And Katiana, yes I don't work in the medical field. I don't deny that these things happen to save the life of a mother. All I'm asking is why isn't there a statistic for how often this happens? The reason I ask that is simply because like I said earlier about "the tag line". The "tag line" always comes up in an abortion debate, yet, instead of just accepting that in it's entirety I'd like to know how often this happens. I mean, it's one of THE reasons people use in it's defense, so I just really want to know the frequency of it. Instead, most replies have been just comments about what I said, and not provide me with any true information.
I answered the question of how often an abortion is preformed to save a mothers life. these are late term abortions which take 2 doctors to sign off on and are done only because the mother's life is in danger or the child is severely in danger or already dead. these abortions count for 1% of alll abortions. I would say that in all these cases the women do want their child and this is a terrible thing to have to endure. in a medical sense because a fetus has hands and feet does not exclude it or the mother from being in danger.

fingers, toes and all do not make a person it makes a potential person in the womb. until it can breathe on it's own it only has potential for life. some women don't find out they are pregnant for many months. some young women postpone an abortion because they either can't afford one or can't go to anyone for help. each abortion has it's own story and one no one should be involved with other than the woman herself and who she wants to include.

yes abortion is way different then the choice between a mc salad and a big mac and I suspect most women do not make the choice easily.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:12 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Thank you for continuing to prove a point to me
In your mind, maybe. I find such talk extremely demeaning to women.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:13 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I can say, as a guy -
I really don't like the idea of abortion, simply because you got pregnant and it's either inconvenient, or etc etc etc...

With that being said, I also don't think, that unless for some strange reason I am PERSONALLY involved, that it's any of my darned business.

Now, with that out of the way, I can understand why some people would not want to be a part of an abortion taking place because of religious reasons, or personal reasons. I can also understand, if it's part of the job description, then you gotta do what you gotta do.

Isn't part of the reason that people got into medical fields, is to help save lives? Isn't an abortion for convenience, contrary to that idea, that you are helping people, and saving lives?

you sign up as a nurse like in the op you know going in you may have to assist in abortion. if you are that against them go to work in a catholic hospital where they don't preform them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies