U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 06:35 PM

54,069 posts, read 70,878,296 times

Advertisements

its not about tennis shoes is it? houston has some behavior issues that were not there b4 katrina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 06:36 PM

586 posts, read 487,630 times
Looking at the video I honestly expected nothing less of that crowd.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:20 PM

5,207 posts, read 5,825,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Pathetic, I lump these people in with the black friday shoppers. And this isnt a race thing, at least not to me, as I am mixed. There were midnight openings across the country and you see whites running for them in videos on youtube in places like Beaverton as well.

Only good thing about the Air Jordans are the resale value. You buy em for 200, can sell them for over 500 because of exclusivity, only 100 pairs across the country were released.

That girl with the gold teeth and chips is a dream for racists who love to play on stereotypes though.

Stampede at Houston Mall for New Air Jordan "Cool Greys" - YouTube
Yea well..welcome to the hood gee.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
I cant see any justification for this ridiculous behavior. I mean just for the 'prestige' of bragging??
But then I guess Im too old and who cares if I approve... Lol

(wondering if this generalization is because most of the people in the video appeared to be minorities??)
Umm Well yea, but the gold tooth fat chick CRUNCHING on chips while talking is the best example.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:35 PM

4,043 posts, read 2,819,356 times
Sadly, just let yourself imagine....what in the heck is gonna happen once our dollar crashes, we have several days of Bank closures and ATMs don't do a thing for us since they dispense what then will be toilet paper! OMGosh....

Food riots, and I shudder to think what-all, and why? A couple of generations have been brainwashed in gov. schools to expect everything and work for nothing, or as little as they can to have well, just about everything.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Sleeping out for an ipad , no one cutting the line , making new friends?
I bet it was fun to be with other people that love and understand technology .
I guess this is a race issue after all , I didn't see blacks lining up for ipads , hmmmmm.
Ipads?? Dude most blacks didn't even own a desktop until Myspace popularity around 2005-2006...then Facebook and Twitter came along.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
How the hell are you going to run to spend $200 on shoes?
Thats a really good question. 200 dollars is an upscale price, but running for the product is not upscale......very strange.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:12 PM

4,803 posts, read 9,915,666 times
The pride of the Democratic party just acting natural.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:16 PM

29,989 posts, read 35,050,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Sadly, just let yourself imagine....what in the heck is gonna happen once our dollar crashes, we have several days of Bank closures and ATMs don't do a thing for us since they dispense what then will be toilet paper! OMGosh....

Food riots, and I shudder to think what-all, and why? A couple of generations have been brainwashed in gov. schools to expect everything and work for nothing, or as little as they can to have well, just about everything.
For those who haven't heeded warnings to be prepared it is going to be a real shock to their sense of "reality". It could get very ugly. IMO, this is why Congress keeps kicking the can down the road as long as they can with the extension of payroll tax holiday and UE benefits. They know the nanny state has failed when it comes to people being self sufficient.

*** They kick the can down the road to give themselves (the government and big banks) time to prepare, not to give the people the time and warning to prepare.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Here's a video of someone who bought the shoes and actually wore them.

KRIV FOX 26 Houston Live report on Air Jordan Shoes on 12/23/2011 which turns Ghetto fast - YouTube

They look ugly on him, but it could be the pants halfway down his legs that are throwing me off.
WOW!!! I hope the people who make Boondocks see this video. This is an easy episode for Boondocks!! Just Pure EPIC!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies