U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 12:56 PM

1,065 posts, read 543,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Perhaps not, but, somehow, some large number of people believed this thing was worth sleeping out on the street and/or lining up for hours to purchase.

What is up with that?
Sleeping out for an ipad , no one cutting the line , making new friends?
I bet it was fun to be with other people that love and understand technology .
I guess this is a race issue after all , I didn't see blacks lining up for ipads , hmmmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 12:56 PM

2,307 posts, read 1,277,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Yep.

This nonsense ranks right up there with the guy who lost was little was left of his mind because his video game was sold out when he got in the store:

"First up, in beautiful Colorado, a 31-year old man was charged with disorderly conduct after he made quite the scene at a local Best Buy.

According to Colorado’s 9News, Lomorin Sar became a little angry with Best Buy employees when his copy of Modern Warfare 3, that he reportedly pre-ordered, wasn’t there. The store had sold out, and Sar didn’t take the news very well. Witnesses say that he asked the employees when they were leaving work, saying that he would shoot them in the parking lot.

If that wasn’t enough, he also threatened to blow up the entire store."

Modern Warfare 3 Sparks Violent Incidents On Launch Day | WebProNews

Of course, on the other hand, one does have to wonder: if people stopped believing that these things were the be-all and end-all, what would that mean for capitalism, retail sales and employment...?
Well at least MW3 cost millions to make, and I think it has passed Titanic (movie) already in total money made. But there is no excuse for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I have acquaintances who are servers in DC and they say he doesn't tip because it's an honor for folks to serve him.
Tiger Woods has the same reputation.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:58 PM

22,912 posts, read 6,644,632 times
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with desiring something but why can't they do it peaceably?

WBTV's Slideshows - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC
C'mon dude...you're too smart to ask silly questions like this.

The whole damn enterprise is set up to cause a sh*tload of traffic and as much pandemonium as possible. If you only make a few of something that is heavily desired by the streets, call it exclusive, and put it out there as to what day and time you'll put it out there, you're going to have a bad situation. That's the nature of the beast.

Like i said earlier...bad press is good press for retailers. It aint like their brand will be damaged. Folks act like fools at the big box retailers every year. A few have even lost their lives. Have you seen the desire to shop at these places ebb ONE BIT? If you have, you need to take pictures because i damn sure don't see it.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:59 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,921,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
I guess this is a race issue after all , I didn't see blacks lining up for ipads , hmmmmm.
Whoa now

1) People who buy Apple products don't understand technology. Apple caters to people who can't be trusted with technology
2) Anecdotally, I know more black people with iPads (2) than I know white people with iPads (0). I mean really, you're just digging to be racist at this point.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:01 PM

22,912 posts, read 6,644,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Whoa now

1) People who buy Apple products don't understand technology. Apple caters to people who can't be trusted with technology
2) Anecdotally, I know more black people with iPads (2) than I know white people with iPads (0). I mean really, you're just digging to be racist at this point.
Whoa yourself!!

I happen to like my Ipod!

Old 12-23-2011, 01:02 PM

13,571 posts, read 6,430,428 times
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with desiring something but why can't they do it peaceably?

WBTV's Slideshows - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC
Modern human nature. We are only as good our ability to hunt down and capture the latest things. I imagine for some, it is something of a badge of honor.

Remember Cabbage Patch Dolls and Tickle-Me Elmo?

Ghosts (Toys) of Christmases Past - Marketing - Global Economic Crisis: Cengage Resource Center

Old 12-23-2011, 01:05 PM

13,571 posts, read 6,430,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
C'mon dude...you're too smart to ask silly questions like this.

The whole damn enterprise is set up to cause a sh*tload of traffic and as much pandemonium as possible. If you only make a few of something that is heavily desired by the streets, call it exclusive, and put it out there as to what day and time you'll put it out there, you're going to have a bad situation. That's the nature of the beast.

Like i said earlier...bad press is good press for retailers. It aint like their brand will be damaged. Folks act like fools at the big box retailers every year. A few have even lost their lives. Have you seen the desire to shop at these places ebb ONE BIT? If you have, you need to take pictures because i damn sure don't see it.

^^This.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:05 PM

8,511 posts, read 6,545,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
My God! I am laughing my ass off right now. haha

The Apple Zombies wouldn't know technology if it hit them in the head. They are like Lemmings who live their lives waiting for the next big "thing" thier master is going to bestow upon them so they can hustle down and get in line for it.

Jobs was a damn marketing genius!

Old 12-23-2011, 01:08 PM

1,065 posts, read 543,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Whoa now

You don't know any white people with an ipad ?

Old 12-23-2011, 01:11 PM

4,259 posts, read 1,223,094 times
So are the things even comfortable , or just the " thing to have"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies