U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 06:11 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,221,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The legacy of the Neocons:
You do realize that under Obama, we're occupying 35 African nations? Look at his death toll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 06:38 PM

169 posts, read 89,573 times
Quote:
"The United States, currently spends more on military than the next 45 highest spending countries in the world combined. The U.S. accounts for 48% of the world’s total military spending."

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hope of its children."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

And this "proves" what, exactly??? Other than your warped liberal agenda, I mean.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
It's no coincidence that the first "private war" in our nation's history also happens to be a war with no intended end.
It is a fact that corporations profit heavily from war. Politicians even invest in companies that they know will continue to profit.
Halliburton anyone?

I'm sorry but you are either extremely nieve or intentionally dishonest.

I'm neither, but that would be an inconvenient truth for you. But, again, how does your opinion prove that people who financially benefit from acts of war (via defense contracts to build ships/tanks/aircraft/etc...) want to kill people for money????

Old 12-28-2012, 06:46 PM

24,640 posts, read 23,775,641 times
More Soldiers Died From Suicide This Year Than Combat

This is pretty much a duplicate of last year's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
You do realize that under Obama, we're occupying 35 African nations? Look at his death toll.
That started way before 20 Jan 2009.
And we're not occupying, there are no bases in Africa.

Last edited by chielgirl; 12-28-2012 at 08:08 PM..

Old 12-28-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I get my information from medical researchers not from anonymous posters on internet forums. Take it up with them.

It is true I'm an avid marijuana user but... Stay in Oregon? What the hell? LOL

Ah, well, your "medical researchers" are full of ****. If you care to actually look at evidence-based practices that indicate treatment protocols which are successful in the treatments of PTSD, then you would certainly know that marijuana isn't listed on a single one of them. And it is abundantly clear that you are an avid marijuana user, which certainly explains your ridiculous "marijuana cures PTSD" comment. Oregon...well..that state as well as Washington, Colorado, etc...seem to think that it's a grand idea to legalize weed, which basically means it gives people permission to sit around on their asses and smoke pot all day long to "cure" whatever they think ails them....or simply because they want to get high. My guess is that you live in one of those states....or you live in an urban area where using drugs is considered cool. Fine. But that doesn't make your opinions or ideas any more or less important than those who think that smoking weed is considered addictive and/or criminal. Personally, I don't care if you sit and smoke weed every single day, every hour of the day.....just don't expect me to pay for your welfare or your drug treatment or your medical expenses because you choose to engage in habits that are harmful to your body and refuse to engage in gainful employment.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:51 PM

24,640 posts, read 23,775,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennie View Post
And this "proves" what, exactly??? Other than your warped liberal agenda, I mean.
Yeah, damn those facts.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:53 PM

4,879 posts, read 3,726,634 times
Quote:
The legacy of the Neocons:
You do realize that Bill Clinton deployed troops for combat missions in 44 different countries. More than all other administrations combined. Almost exclusively Muslim populated countries too.

Major U.S. wars the last 100 years:

WW1- Wilson, Democrat
WW2- FDR/Truman, Dems
Korea- Truman, Dem
Vietnam- LBJ/Nixon, Dem/Rep
Iraq 1- Bush, Rep. Supported by Dems
Bosnia/Kosovo- Clinton, Dem
Iraq2 and Afghanistan- Bush/Obama. supported by Dems

Only reason Dems opposed Iraq2 was to attempt to make Bush look bad. They obviously had zero problem with the war itself as they voted for it and stopped protesting the day Obama took control of it.

Democrats are clearly the War Party. It's not even debatable.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:58 PM

4,879 posts, read 3,726,634 times
Quote:
"The United States, currently spends more on military than the next 45 highest spending countries in the world combined. The U.S. accounts for 48% of the world’s total military spending."

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hope of its children."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

The U.S provides security for 10 of the 12 countries listed on your chart. maybe if we told Japan, Western Europe, etc. to provide their own military the numbers would be a little more even.

And why are you quoting Ike? He was a wealthy white man. His opinion doesn't count according to liberals.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:07 PM

10,334 posts, read 7,459,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennie View Post
It proves that the United States spends billions and billions of unnecessary dollars on amassing weapons of war that it doesn't need, and that it is indeed about money. And then we complain about the deficit.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yeah, damn those facts.

"those damn facts"....are....what, exactly??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies