Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 04:37 PM

7,432 posts, read 5,688,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Nothing good can come from a person who is disrespectful enough to refer to the First Lady as a wookie. Especially when these same people made not a single derogatory reference toward the unattractive (Republican) First Ladies. I mean honestly, Barbara Bush looked like a walking refrigerator wearing pearls and Laura Bush looked like a WalMart greeter with her unending wardrobe of polyester pantsuits but we never bashed these women for their lack of style.
It was funny and I think you just did..

The thing you need to bare in mind is that everyone has an opinion. It is not your responsibility to police those opinions nor is it your responsibility to deem
which ones are right or wrong based on your personal belief system. If you want to live in a country like that move to China or Russia.

You are correct with the Maladroit statement as well.

Old 12-24-2011, 04:38 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,382,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Presidents and their families going back to their home town for the holiday is nothing new. That is what the Obamas have done. Big deal. The presents they buy come FROM THEIR OWN POCKETS and NOT the taxpayers. Again, BIG DEAL. Let's face it. The only thing that would make some of these "people" happy is to see the Obamas living in the projects and putting lumps of coal into their daughters stockings for Christmas. They aren't fooling anyone.

The price tag is whats new. I dont care where he goes or what he spends out of his pocket. But I do care about what it costs a bankrupt country whos people he keeps telling to tighten their belts.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:22 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,922,742 times
Quote:
Nothing good can come from a person who is disrespectful enough to refer to the First Lady as a wookie. Especially when these same people made not a single derogatory reference toward the unattractive (Republican) First Ladies. I mean honestly, Barbara Bush looked like a walking refrigerator wearing pearls and Laura Bush looked like a WalMart greeter with her unending wardrobe of polyester pantsuits but we never bashed these women for their lack of style.
So nothing good can come from this yet you carry on and attack the former first ladies in the same post?? LOL. I don't know about a fridge but old Barbara looked like she rose from the grave more than once that's for sure.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:26 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,064,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Yes and I absolutely love financing her expensive memories.
Another fallacy. The taxpayers are not financing their trips or shopping excursions.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:50 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,169,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Another fallacy. The taxpayers are not financing their trips or shopping excursions.
Air force one, SS and where they stay are funded by taxpayers.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:52 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,922,742 times
I don't think Meechele and Obama footed the bill when they rented out the entire Taj Mahal hotel either.

Old 12-25-2011, 01:05 AM

37,048 posts, read 41,993,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I don't think Meechele and Obama footed the bill when they rented out the entire Taj Mahal hotel either.
Probably cuz that didn't happen either.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:38 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,467,629 times
Quote:

Backoff on the pantsuits, Hillary may be reading.

Old 12-25-2011, 07:19 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,315,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Better yet. We send her a$$ back to Chicago next year and save that billion.

The bulk freight would certainly be pricey for that extra wide load.....

Old 12-25-2011, 12:32 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,084,600 times
I think that me who mock a woman's looks are beneath contempt and completely devoid of intellect, decency, and clearly have not had a mother that taught them respect. And I don't care if the woman they are mocking is the first lady or the clerk at the local market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies