Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should This Boy Be Forced To Change His Shoes
Yes 29 31.18%
No 48 51.61%
Yes, But Only If Girls Are Forced To Change Shoes Also 16 17.20%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 04:59 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
And how are they "hurt" by this exactly? They aren't the ones wearing the shoes. And why is it your business anyway?

Face it, you're jealous that this kid is more fabulous that you.
You have no understanding at all. I suspect you are too young to comprehend it .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 05:18 PM

I knew of a girl whose mother died and soon after her father started to wear dresses and wigs.. he actually went on the Joan Rivers show , I believe it was the 90's.He was from NJ.. This man was a guy with hardly any teeth and was a truck driver who looked old and beat.. his daughter went to live with her Aunt and Uncle. She then had a nervous breakdown from losing her mother and her father becoming a cross dresser. She was there for years.

This fellow changed his sex and became a women, the last word ,he regrets becoming a woman and wants to be a man again.. he is not happy and his daughter is mentally messed up.

I know in the beginning there were several truck drivers who pooled money for him to see a head shrink.. the shrink told him , go for it . Become a woman. Not every spirit leads one into happiness.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:19 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,907,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
As long as the kid doesn't violate any existing dress code rules, he should be ignored.

BUT

Why do we insist on giving these nuts the publicity they so crave? Don't people realize that we are doing exactly what they want?
the problem is that he won't be ignored --because he is demanding attention.

and then if he is abused by some bullying students who find his heels absurd, he will probably try and sue the school.

he should only be allowed to wear his stupid high heels if he signs a release negating his right to sue in the event of injury from the high heels, social abuse from peers, "emotional trauma", or any other darn thing that people come up in their desire to portray themselves as victims.

actions have consequences, and taking responsibility for your own behavior is one of those consequences.

taratova, i know that johns hopkins discontinued sex change operations because they found a high level of patient dissatisfaction after the surgery. (the surgery wasn't the answer they were trying to find evidently).

Old 12-25-2011, 05:20 PM

I knew of a girl whose mother died and soon after her father started to wear dresses and wigs.. he actually went on the Joan Rivers show , I believe it was the 90's.He was from NJ.. This man was a guy with hardly any teeth and was a truck driver who looked old and beat.. his daughter went to live with her Aunt and Uncle. She then had a nervous breakdown from losing her mother and her father becoming a cross dresser. She was there for years.

This fellow changed his sex and became a women, the last word ,he regrets becoming a woman and wants to be a man again.. he is not happy and his daughter is mentally messed up.

I know in the beginning there were several truck drivers who pooled money for him to see a head shrink.. the shrink told him , go for it . Become a woman. Not every spirit leads one into happiness.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:25 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I feel sorry for the kid.. he is following the wrong spirit .
And the right one would be?

The kid is following his spirit and heart. Fortunately others do not get to decide who we ought to be...we have freewill to chose!

If other students are wearing heels (nasty shoes), then he should also--if he wants..

And he is only accountable to himself.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:28 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,907,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

The kid is following his spirit and heart. Fortunately others do not get to decide who we ought to be...we have freewill to chose!

If other students are wearing heels (nasty shoes), then he should also--if he wants..

i will agree- if he promises not to whine or sue if the other kids are "mean to him".

a note on the poll, the original question is should he be allowed to wear high heels, but the poll says should he be forced to change his shoes. (a little confusing since they require opposite answers)

Old 12-25-2011, 05:47 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,344,416 times
No. It is school. Conform, or be home schooled. That is why there should be nation wide, mandatory school dress codes. Navy or Khaki slacks, white or navy polo, school logo sweat shirt. Closed toe shoes, no heel. Males and females.

Be different on your own time. Same as me when I go to work, I would like to wear jeans every day, but I have a uniform.

The kid has a choice, where appropriate gender attire, or don't go. Just like me, wear my unifoprm, or don't have a job. Time to teach this kid reality of life.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:14 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,333 times
You know what really annoys me about this? Mukluks! Yes Mukluks!
A mukluk is an outstanding cold weather boot designed and built by arctic hunters who brave treacherous waters in a boat made of skin in order to take down dangerous prey, solo, with a spear. These men are pretty freaking manly if you ask me. Mukluks are the boots of real men yet they are only sold in our twisted society as women's shoes. I would really like a nice pair of Mukluks but it seems they only manufacture them in womens sizes and apparently no woman on the planet has ever had a foot longer than about 9 inches. Then we get to skirts. Just in western history alone the number of historical manly men using a sword to carve their way into history while wearing a skirt far outnumber the number wearing pants. Go figure. Wing Chun was a style developed by a chick and wasn't considered manly by some yet Bruce Lee managed to kick butt with it.

But... A school should have a uniform dress code. It's supposed to be a school, not a fashion show.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:25 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Why should girls have to wear dresses and skirts? What is this, the 1900s?
Because WORLDWIDE a dress or skirt (either long or short) is the garment women in the vast majority of countries wear.

Last edited by dorado0359; 12-25-2011 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: ...

Old 12-25-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

This spirit is a spirit of confusion and from the deceiver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies