Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 07:21 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times

Advertisements

Come on people, use all forms of media and come to your own conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 07:21 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
First of all you're comparing apples to oranges. Fox has dedicated news and editorial/entertainment shows. MSNBC is pure editorial/entertainment content, there is no dedicated news.

As far as the success of Fox it's quite simple, every other network whether cable or broadcast has a liberal slant to some degree or another. Fox is the only station with a conservative slant and with a much larger percent of the population identifying themselves as Conservatives compared to liberals it should come as no surprise they are burying the liberal news outlets.
Please. Fox is as much a news source as Jon Stewart. Fox gets all the Teapublicans, so it's a combined audience. The rest of the news stations share the rest of the country's audience. That whole "the country is center right" came from...Fox News.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:28 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
State of mind? You are definitely a typical Fox News viewer. That article was referencing a Supreme Court case and Fox's defense which was that they have the right to lie based on the 1st Amendment. So you are getting your information from a news source who has told the Supreme Court they have the right to lie to their viewers.
Ok, this one flew right over your head.....

When Eric Holder was asked, "Tell me what's the difference between lying and misleading Congress, in this context?”

Holder said, it's your state of mind.

But, I guess, that you agree with holder...

Old 12-27-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ok, this one flew right over your head.....

When Eric Holder was asked, "Tell me what's the difference between lying and misleading Congress, in this context?”

Holder said, it's your state of mind.

But, I guess, that you agree with holder...
And tell me how you defend Fox "News" as a resource if they have gone to the Supreme Court to say they can LIE to their viewers because that is their legal right based on the First Amendment? If that is what you base your information on, you are a good reason why Fox viewers have been found to be the less informed than those who don't watch any news at all.

And if you really want to go the Holder route, you will have to include Bush/Cheney/Iraq and WMD; and Al Qaeda in Iraq while you're at it. We're talking about news sources here.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:34 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Fox has higher ratings for a simple reason - all the right wingers flock there.
Thats not true. Fox has higher ratings because MSNBC spends all day advertising for them. Almost every single one of their shows focus on whats being reported on Fox, rather than "news"..

If I wanted to know what was being reported on Fox, I'd tune into Fox, and I'm sure Fox thanks them for the free advertising.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:39 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
And tell me how you defend Fox "News" as a resource if they have gone to the Supreme Court to say they can LIE to their viewers because that is their legal right based on the First Amendment? If that is what you base your information on, you are a good reason why Fox viewers have been found to be the less informed than those who don't watch any news at all.
So, I guess this is just another leftist do as I say and not as I do....are you defending holder? How can you defend holder, when he has lied to the entire nation...cause of what his "frame of mind is" at any point in time.

I watch all news shows, just not fox, no need to follow the leftist talking points. I make my own decisions, I don't drink the kool-aid....unlike most lefties on this board. I know that disapoints you....

Old 12-27-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats not true. Fox has higher ratings because MSNBC spends all day advertising for them. Almost every single one of their shows focus on whats being reported on Fox, rather than "news"..

If I wanted to know what was being reported on Fox, I'd tune into Fox, and I'm sure Fox thanks them for the free advertising.
Typically if MSNBC is reporting on Fox, they are making fun of it. Jon Stewart reports on Fox too but they are openly laughing then.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:53 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
One does not have to "delegitimize" main-stream media, much less MSNBC. They already did that to themselves.

After the 1992 General Elections, when main-stream media admitted deliberately biasing the election in favor of Democrats, there was a need for alternative national media. As a result, Fox News was born just one month prior to the 1996 General Election. Its immediate acceptance and popularity underscored the wide-spread dissatisfaction with ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN.

Fox News remains popular to this day because nothing has changed. ABC, CBS, NBC, and CNN are just as liberally biased as they have been for the last two decades, if not more so. Which explains why they continue to lose viewership, and why Fox News continues to gain viewership. That does not make Fox News better or worse than ABC, CBS, NBC, or CNN, just an alternative.

MSNBC does not broadcast news, they broadcast an ideology. There is a difference.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

MSNBC does not broadcast news, they broadcast an ideology. There is a difference.
Spoken like a Fox News Viewer living in Wasilla, Alaska. Truly laughable. Tell Sarah Palin hello for us.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:59 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Quote:
Typically if MSNBC is reporting on Fox, they are making fun of it. Jon Stewart reports on Fox too but they are openly laughing then.
True, when fox is called out, it's from their off the wall lies that everyone laughs at how their gullible sheep believe it as truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies