Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2012, 07:15 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,458,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Nope, not irrational, the TSA deserves scorn, contempt, and caution.

Shoe bomber -= we take our shoes off

Underwear bomber = intrusive patdowns

One person with a bomb up their arse and see what happens.

FYI. I fly all the time too.
Why did we need first someone with a bomb in his shoes to start checking people's shoes? Why do we need somebody to try something first in order to react? Don't you see we need something better than just being reactive?
Is it a surprise that the 80 year old grandma from FL isn't the shoe bomber?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2012, 07:21 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times
TSA budget increases by $153M in fiscal 2012

TSA budget increases by $153M in fiscal 2012 - Related Stories - AIA dailyLead®

But lets cut defense spending and Medicare/Medicaid, right?

The only thing more useless then the TSA is the EPA.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:51 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,086,371 times
Don't forget, you're most likely get one of the new "big sis viper teams" near your neighborhood. Ah, it's just the friendly government there to protect you from yourself, stupid!

Old 01-01-2012, 07:58 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,086,371 times
I'm here to check your shoes. Al Bundy Biden!

Old 01-01-2012, 08:28 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Why did we need first someone with a bomb in his shoes to start checking people's shoes? Why do we need somebody to try something first in order to react? Don't you see we need something better than just being reactive?
Is it a surprise that the 80 year old grandma from FL isn't the shoe bomber?
The point is when something happens they react to it so again, one bomb in someone's bum and we're all bending over.

And yes, we need something better - better then the TSA and their stepping all over our civil liberties.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:41 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,179 times
Shouldn't just walking through metal detectors and having our (LOCKED) bags x-rayed be enough, like the way it used to be done?
Also, why is it that if, during the course of a crime investigation, a cop wanted to search my home for evidence, that they would have to first produce a search warrant - but some TSA goon with no due cause can bust into my suitcase without me even being present and with no type of warrant? Especially considering that the police have always been an authority and the TSA are some Johnny come lately outfit? How constitutional is this, when we have some ammendment supposedly protecting us from unlawful search and seizure??

Old 01-01-2012, 10:45 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Shouldn't just walking through metal detectors and having our (LOCKED) bags x-rayed be enough, like the way it used to be done?
Also, why is it that if, during the course of a crime investigation, a cop wanted to search my home for evidence, that they would have to first produce a search warrant - but some TSA goon with no due cause can bust into my suitcase without me even being present and with no type of warrant? Especially considering that the police have always been an authority and the TSA are some Johnny come lately outfit? How constitutional is this, when we have some ammendment supposedly protecting us from unlawful search and seizure??
These little words.."in the name of National Security" wipes out any rights you thought you had.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:47 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Nope, not irrational, the TSA deserves scorn, contempt, and caution.

Shoe bomber -= we take our shoes off

Underwear bomber = intrusive patdowns

One person with a bomb up their arse and see what happens.

FYI. I fly all the time too.
Yeah, and don't forget whatever the hell it was that started that whole restriction on the amount of liquids and gels brought onto the plane, and then the resulting confiscations of milk and baby formula from infants.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:51 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
And they all originated in other countries where muslims are allowed to carry bomb on planes to the USA.
You were being facetious I hope as not only did YOUR country allow those terrorists that perpetrated 9/11 to enter on "granted visas" but YOUR country trained them how to pilot those damn planes!

They didn't use any bombs! They did the job with whimpy little 1" bladed box cutters!

Sheeesh; you take everything fed to you and swallow it whole without even bothering to spit out the lumps of "obfuscation of facts". Keep it up at this rate and in four more years you'll all be wearing little tracking devices and have to report in every 5 minutes like zombies.

I'll say this one more time in a different manner: "FREE and BRAVE" . . . two words your veterans buried in foreign graves would be shoving up your a**es right now, if they could.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:52 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
But you were all good with it when was untrained unchecked private workers doing all the above..Makes sense.
Pre 9/11, only about 5% of luggage was checked. So my bags likely weren't subject to that search.

And no, I wasn't good then either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies