Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 01:09 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times

Advertisements

And I didn't post that OWS protests were all peaceful. Most were. I consider their protests less ugly than the Tea Party. But if someone actually posts that the Tea Party were these sweet innocent peaceful protesters, it's not true. They got attention by their shocking behavior and signs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 01:40 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,509,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And I didn't post that OWS protests were all peaceful. Most were. I consider their protests less ugly than the Tea Party. But if someone actually posts that the Tea Party were these sweet innocent peaceful protesters, it's not true. They got attention by their shocking behavior and signs.
OWS less ugly? Really? Wow, what rose colored glasses did you have one? I'd post more links to the OWS rap sheets but it obviously wouldn't have any effect on you.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:49 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
OWS less ugly? Really? Wow, what rose colored glasses did you have one? I'd post more links to the OWS rap sheets but it obviously wouldn't have any effect on you.
And I could post endless videos, signs and articles on the behavior of the Tea Party over the last three years but it obviously wouldn't have any effect on you.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:22 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
No, you can only list the few repeatedly posted and singular incidents. "You saw", you never got close enough to "SEE" anything. Anyone can google what they "NEED" to find, rather than the truth.
They are gun toting (it's a right you know) and peaceful with not a single incident of shots fired - unlike OWS; where all the so-called peace was continually interupted with acts of violence, theft, rape and public defication. This is soooooo old and painfully obvious, to anyone with a brain, hint.
The tea party protests were peaceful.
Now let's get back to the topic of this thread. I only used the claims made against the TP as an example of diversion, and you promptly proved my point by diverting the entire post.
Good job
You consider this a serious presentation - or you (like Fox) hope people are suckers? Any charlatan can stand with a hand over his heart, wave the flag, thump the bible - and many on the Right, including your media faves, do this.
Take a shot - then "let's go on to something else", before a response can be given, is a typical tactic of right-wing "debaters", (you see this all the time in the media).
The "well behaved", well-financed Tea Party is a concoction of billionaire Republicans - this tells you nothing?!
However this thread, like most others DOES drift.
Obama is a centrist who naively thought he could work with all sides. Remember the charge of "community organizer" thrown at him in scorn (a typical tactic). He apparently didn't know that the Right was out to get him at all costs.
He saw his "ship of state" as including all of his "fellow passengers" - even those who were plotting mutiny from the start.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:31 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Great run down in the UK's Guardian Newspaper of how Obama really stabbed his base voters in the back.
Yes, Obama has settled into the worst of all possible positions. He is neither fish nor fowl.

He has failed at making any progress toward social freedom, took forever to finish the Iraq war and refuses to end the Afghanistan war. So from a social liberal view, he has been a total failure.

His success has been in spending record amounts of our tax dollars in failed attempts to restore the US economy. So from a fiscal conservative view, he has also been a total failure.

On a personal or leadership level, he has also failed miserably. He has fanned the flames of class warfare and tried to blame everybody but his own failed programs for the financial mess we are in.

So he has failed miserably on all three key areas of evaluation; social, fiscal and leadership.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:39 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes, Obama has settled into the worst of all possible positions. He is neither fish nor fowl.

He has failed at making any progress toward social freedom, took forever to finish the Iraq war and refuses to end the Afghanistan war. So from a social liberal view, he has been a total failure.

His success has been in spending record amounts of our tax dollars in failed attempts to restore the US economy. So from a fiscal conservative view, he has also been a total failure.

On a personal or leadership level, he has also failed miserably. He has fanned the flames of class warfare and tried to blame everybody but his own failed programs for the financial mess we are in.

So he has failed miserably on all three key areas of evaluation; social, fiscal and leadership.
The stimulus was 37% ineffective tax cuts because he didn't have the spine to stand up to, or he agreed with, your radical ideology that tax cuts are the answer to everything.

He never claimed it would "restore the economy"

...White, middle aged to elderly, males love to blame their station in life on some scapegoat.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:32 AM

5,739 posts, read 6,931,116 times
A reason for his capitulations COULD BE that Wall Street bankers let it be known that they could destroy the economy and his presidency if they were displeased with his actions. I see this as entirely plausible - such is the power and control Wall Street has amassed over 30 years.
Five banks control most of the money in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies