Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 10:26 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorless View Post
Here's the rub: religion is supposed to be a private affair.

When your religion controls politics to the extent that it does, when it tells women they can't have control of their own bodies, when it tells a select group of people that they aren't allowed the same legal privileges that everyone else enjoys through marriage, when it feels it necessary to preach via public symbols, billboards, money, etc., then yeah, there is a problem. When those that follow your religion, which supposedly teaches tolerance and humility, is anything but that, then yeah, there's a problem.

Keep your religion in your homes and in your churches, and there won't be such a "threat" to your way of life.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Belonging to a religious affiliation is not mandatory so if you don't like ones way find another!
So what next all Churches would have to go too. I mean if you can get crosses and ten commandment rocks gone they would be the next target then it would be the mosks and buddas until all religious items would be gone then you all would be happy right.
YOU ARE the MINORITY!
Get over it.
Or move somewhere where gays can be gay openly like IOWA or I think Greece has a place set up for gays.
Go there stop trying to crate havoc among the majority, because you are unhappy because you want to be different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2007, 10:32 PM

Quote:
And why do they want "special laws?"

Because, for some f-ing reason, there's a problem with their ability to have access to the same legal privileges and social standing that everyone else has access to.

Why?

Because the religious majority and their conservative senators and congressman believe the existing laws don't apply to them.

Why?

Who the hell knows.
There will always be minority groups of people who feel slighted by society.
But because of sexual orientation Please.
There is a man that wants to marry some animal he has should we allow him to?
Because that would be next!

Old 09-01-2007, 10:33 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flanagan View Post
My concluding comment is this. Based on the postings from certain people on this site, anti-Christian sentiment is alive and well. Many years ago, the Christian faith was not attacked on television and in the movies as it is today.My son who is a college student in California told me recently how his liberal and nihilistic professor in one class freely trashes Christians during his class lectures, and of course most of the students sit quietly by because they want to pass the course. If this same brave heart were to condemn Muslims, I wonder if there would be a response? The same forces that freely attack Christian values are fearful and loathesome cowards because they will not take the same liberties against Muslims, fearing violent reprisals. It is hypocrisy. Liberals pick safe targets. Contrary to the postings of some people here, Christians do not " impose " their values on others, they merely express them, and do so in the face of "religious" atheists who want to impose their own brand of "religion" on our society. So the conflict will go on in America. Most of the hatred against Christians comes from the left, the Hollywood establishment, the academic community, and those who prefer a vulgur and hedonistic America, free of moral restraints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Belonging to a religious affiliation is not mandatory so if you don't like ones way find another!
So what next all Churches would have to go too. I mean if you can get crosses and ten commandment rocks gone they would be the next target then it would be the mosks and buddas until all religious items would be gone then you all would be happy right.
YOU ARE the MINORITY!
Get over it.
Or move somewhere where gays can be gay openly like IOWA or I think Greece has a place set up for gays.
Go there stop trying to crate havoc among the majority, because you are unhappy because you want to be different.
hittler wanted to deport all the Jews in the 1930s

Old 09-01-2007, 10:37 PM

1,011 posts, read 3,094,599 times
Quote:
There will always be minority groups of people who feel slighted by society.
But because of sexual orientation Please.
There is a man that wants to marry some animal he has should we allow him to?
Because that would be next!
You're too funny.

Because one consenting human loves another consenting human, all of a sudden we're going to have men marrying rocks and animals and fish and dead bodies?

You should try talking to a gay person sometime - you may be surprised that they're not interested in marrying an animal, and that they're not filthy, immoral, perverted, lesser humans.

It'll be a shocker, though. I mean, just picture the thought of a man kissing another man. When you get right down to it, it's really no different than Europeans have been doing for years. Or the same physical action that is so common between a father and a son.

How scandalous.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 09-02-2007 at 11:36 PM.. Reason: leave out the personal attacks

Old 09-01-2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:
YOU ARE the MINORITY!
Get over it.
1) I, nor anyone else I've heard of, wants to get rid of churches. We'd just prefer you keep your proselytizing within its walls.

2) The power dynamic is obviously shifting, bud. So when it does, you'll be the one that needs to "get over it," and not whine about the "threat" to Christianity - after all, it'd just be the majority speaking, right?

Your logic is seriously busted. All I can really do is shake my head and laugh.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
1) I, nor anyone else I've heard of, wants to get rid of churches. We'd just prefer you keep your proselytizing within its walls.

2) The power dynamic is obviously shifting, bud. So when it does, you'll be the one that needs to "get over it," and not whine about the "threat" to Christianity - after all, it'd just be the majority speaking, right?

Your logic is seriously busted. All I can really do is shake my head and laugh.
Oh no I suppose it would just be the steeple (looks like a cross) that would have to go.
Oh and the beautiful stained glass in the windows depicting religious what not!
Because the pain of driving by and looking at it would be to great. right.
Or just knowing it is there would bother you because it is different from what you believe.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:56 PM

Quote:
You're too funny.

Because one consenting human loves another consenting human, all of a sudden we're going to have men marrying rocks and animals and fish and dead bodies?

You're a glaring example of why education is such an important, invaluable resource - because burying your head in you Bible obviously hasn't taught you the compassion and humanity your lord demands of you.

You should try talking to a gay person sometime - you may be surprised that they're not interested in marrying an animal, and that they're not filthy, immoral, perverted, lesser humans.

It'll be a shocker, though. I mean, just picture the thought of a man kissing another man. When you get right down to it, it's really no different than Europeans have been doing for years. Or the same physical action that is so common between a father and a son.

How scandalous.
You are so narrow minded to think that would not be next.
Fact:
The show Jeannie she could not show her belly button. So over the years shows push the envelope so to speak and pushed and pushed a little more to now what we have is young ladies looking like they just stepped out of a strip club on music videos and else where.
So please enlighten me how Churches would not be next.
Or marriage to animals would not be challenged. They would claim how their animal loved them so much and vice versa and how they are in love and it is their right to marry who they want....
Rubbish.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:03 PM

Explain how any intelligent, educated person could oppose gay marriage.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 09-02-2007 at 11:41 PM.. Reason: orphaned content

Old 09-01-2007, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
hittler wanted to deport all the Jews in the 1930s
Oh so now you are relating being gay with a nationality such as the JEWS! Are you kidding. I think that is offensive to all Jewish people.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Oh no I suppose it would just be the steeple (looks like a cross) that would have to go.
Oh and the beautiful stained glass in the windows depicting religious what not!
Because the pain of driving by and looking at it would be to great. right.
Or just knowing it is there would bother you because it is different from what you believe.
Let's do a quick hypothetical.

Let's suppose someone with quite a bit of money decides to buy the land on Table Rock. Let's suppose this person takes down the cross, and instead builds an equally huge, equally well-lit pentagram.

Now how long do you think that would last? And remember, a symbol such as this would legally have to be allowed, by the very same logic the cross is currently allowed? Still, how long?

Honestly, how would you react to it? Would you be okay with it? Would you not kick and scream to tear it down?

Be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies