Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 02:51 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
He's a freshman, and not even a lawyer. Sounds like a keeper.
Biography | Congressman Phil Roe, Tennessee District 1
Yup. so far I like him (from my little knowledge so far)...and most people in this area. Now I even live in the same city he lives so I get more of a feel from people on him (I am not Native to the area).

I honestly need to research more to see if he is a candidate for me if he is opposed in the next election though.

Edit: Just a quick scan through his issues, I like what I see so far. I do want to ask him some questions on a few issues still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 07:39 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
President signed sealed and delivered this pos. The bipartisanship of this bill, is what should alarm everybody. It proves that there is little difference between the two parties, they do not represent us, and they don't give a damn about the Constitution or Bill of Rights.

Obama Signs NDAA Bill : What is the NDAA Bill - YouTube

I won't vote for anybody BUT Ron Paul, it's time to take a stand.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:20 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Congress has approved the NDAA every year for about the past half century.

What did you expect?

I expect them to stop passing bills that they do not read or that contain any provisions that lend to the destruction of our civil rights and of the founding documents.

I expect them to do their job and maintain vigilance as they have sworn an oath to defend the constitution and the rights of the people, instead of providing the means by which the enemies in our government accomplish their agenda to destroy them.

It seem that most these men and women either just don't care, are to lazy to do their jobs, or have an agenda that is not in the interest of this nation or we the people, either way, its time for another spring cleaning up in Washington.

We don't need to worry about terrorists coming and taking our rights away from us, that is what we have the Federal government for ... Am i right or am i right?

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-29-2011 at 03:30 AM..

Old 01-05-2012, 03:36 PM

998 posts, read 1,215,255 times
I know how we can correct this law. Since CDO's are considered WMD's “financial weapons of mass destruction" Now that the new NDAA bill has become the law of the land, can we just arrest, torture & kill all the Wallstreet Bankers & government officials we believe are guilty without proof or trial? I bet if we did this enough one of 2 things would happen. These people would either hand over their plunder or they would get rid of that stupid law & give us our rights back.

Any of you guys in the FBI or law enforcement. Maybe we should just form a posse & round them up.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:45 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,267,886 times
My representative (Dave LoebSUCK) did, but I already knew he was a douchebag so it's not that big a deal.

I mean, don't get me wrong; it IS a big deal. I just didn't need him to do it in order for me to realize that he's a douchebag.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:28 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Do you want to know your legislator's true colors when it comes to protecting our civil liberties?

See who voted Aye & who voted No.

Call them up and express your anger and tell them they have lost your vote in their next re-election.

The 2 presidential candidates who are also Congressmen, Bachmann and Paul, did not vote on account of being on the campaign trail, but I think we can all agree that Bachmann would have voted YES and Paul would have voted NO if they could.

Ron Paul is the only one talking about the monstrosity called NDAA.
I TRULY hope that the first unlawful arrests and torture of American citizens are arrests of the idiots who voted these republican scumbags in.....I guess I deserve to be arrested too tho'...I helped get Obama in

Old 01-05-2012, 05:03 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,205 times
So if you vote your current rep out, who are you going to vote in??? I can count on one hand the number of successful third-party candidates that have gotten elected to federal office in the last 50 years.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:27 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Do you want to know your legislator's true colors when it comes to protecting our civil liberties?

See who voted Aye & who voted No.

Call them up and express your anger and tell them they have lost your vote in their next re-election.

The 2 presidential candidates who are also Congressmen, Bachmann and Paul, did not vote on account of being on the campaign trail, but I think we can all agree that Bachmann would have voted YES and Paul would have voted NO if they could.

Ron Paul is the only one talking about the monstrosity called NDAA.
Pretty much all Republicans in the house voted YES, and in the Senate there were only six Dems and six Republicans who voted against it. But the law changes very little, if anything at all.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:35 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
My rep, Charlie Rangel, voted no as did my old rep, Diana DeGette (I just recently moved to NYC).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies