Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2011, 07:18 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,561 times

Advertisements

The smug self serving garbage spewed by Europeans who live in completely different countries and cultures yet insist they are so much more enlightened and capable of passing judgement on America than Americans are. Keep your ass in Norway, freely give out your government funded solid gold hats, but don't tell us that we should do it here you clueless ignorant fools. That's why I hate Europe.

No, I don't actually hate Europe, but that's why you get the impression that I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 07:22 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,172 times
Stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
It seems like most Republican Conservatives hat Europe?
Why is that?
It's very weird considering that most Republicans competing in the Republican primaries have European roots.
Why do they despise the continent there ancestors came from?

The Washington Monthly - Ten Miles Square - Conservatives Hate Europe More for its Culture than its Economics

Old 12-29-2011, 09:50 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Why is that?
It's very weird considering that most Republicans competing in the Republican primaries have European roots.

The Washington Monthly - Ten Miles Square - Conservatives Hate Europe More for its Culture than its Economics
I don't hate Europe. I think some areas are absolutely beautiful and it is rich in history.

What I hate are the arrogant snobs in Europe who think their **** don't stink and look down on America.

I've lived in Europe, I've worked as a tour guide for thousands upon thousands of Europeans when I lived in Miami and all I have to say to Europe is:

You really should start picking better ambassadors because much of what came over should embarrass you.

I did note that many of the losers came from certain countries. Other countries had some realllllllly wonderful people.

No, I will not say which countries because I don't need people getting all kinds of upset and pissy over my observations.

But Europe itself? Nope, don't hate it.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:04 PM

932 posts, read 1,177,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I don't hate Europe. I think some areas are absolutely beautiful and it is rich in history.

What I hate are the arrogant snobs in Europe who think their **** don't stink and look down on America.

I've lived in Europe, I've worked as a tour guide for thousands upon thousands of Europeans when I lived in Miami and all I have to say to Europe is:

You really should start picking better ambassadors because much of what came over should embarrass you.

I did note that many of the losers came from certain countries. Other countries had some realllllllly wonderful people.

No, I will not say which countries because I don't need people getting all kinds of upset and pissy over my observations.

But Europe itself? Nope, don't hate it.
We both know that Miami has a habit of attracting a**holes from everywhere though, including Europe. It tends to attract trashy people, hence the fact that I no longer reside there.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:06 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
Quote:
Why is that?

I think I will need more than an inane opinion piece to convince me that your OP is true.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:08 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
I don't mind Europe.

I just don't want to become Europe.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:10 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasvegas View Post
We both know that Miami has a habit of attracting a**holes from everywhere though, including Europe. It tends to attract trashy people, hence the fact that I no longer reside there.
Well, you know darn good and well I can't argue with you on that point.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:15 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Thanks. Yeah, I forgot about Islam taking over Europe.
I wish I had a nickel every time some ignorant white old right winger starts going on about Islam taking over Europe....LOL

Here is a graph from the UK (has one of the biggest Muslim populations) tracking the rise of Islam, as compared to Christianity, and "no religiion.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4f/Bsa-religion-question.svg/500px-Bsa-religion-question.svg.png (broken link)

Boy those Muslims are really taking over!

Old 12-29-2011, 11:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
I'm sure you would have been around back in the day telling all the Jews they're nothing but idiots for thinking the nazi's would be taking over too.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:00 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
"Never in his life has Obama referred to himself as an American."

As soon as you pasted that, you lost all credibility. It really has taken the patience of saints to listen to drivel like this.
my response was an analysis of what i read, so i included the entire passage. i said that the assessment (that i pasted) was a little harsh, but i agreed with the majority of it and still do.

i certainly don't remember any other presidents apologizing for the united states-other than carter, ironically enough.

as for the OP, i agree with another poster who said that "we don't hate europe, we just don't want to be europe".

and we sure don't want to have to help bail europe out-- as we are in no financial position to bail anybody out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies